♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

chromatica had a good concept and I don’t think it’s a bad album but it was very much worked on too much. the direction they were originally going for with the free woman demo was much more interesting than the final product. plus the fact that she just dropped it and did..nothing with it is pretty disappointing. Let’s just hope that the remix album makes up for what’s lacking

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

20 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

chromatica had a good concept and I don’t think it’s a bad album but it was very much worked on too much. the direction they were originally going for with the free woman demo was much more interesting than the final product. plus the fact that she just dropped it and did..nothing with it is pretty disappointing. Let’s just hope that the remix album makes up for what’s lacking

Yes that’s probably true. As for the promotion, I assume it’s tricky to really fully promote an album during this pandemic. Not that there weren’t big successes but it can’t be easy... perhaps she’s planning on picking things where she left off later ?

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Some of my favorite moments from BTW

"I've learned love is like a brick you can build a house or sink a dead body"

*literally the entire judas bridge*

"when im on a mission, i rebuke my condition"

"When punktious comes to kill the king upon his throne, i'm ready for their stones"

"She dont care if your love or your papers is the law, She's a free soul burning roads with a flag in her bra"

*The entire bridge of Heavy Metal Lover*

"Dancing in my revelation, underground pop civilization. Concrete poetry to feed my mind, symbolism was left behind"

"Starry night, come inside me like never before. Dont forget me when i come crying to heaven's door"

*ALL OF THE EDGE OF GLORY*

45 minutes ago, BlueJeans said:

Yes that’s probably true. As for the promotion, I assume it’s tricky to really fully promote an album during this pandemic. Not that there weren’t big successes but it can’t be easy... perhaps she’s planning on picking things where she left off later ?

Nah -- and plenty of other artists still managed to put out records during the pandemic and keep things interesting. It was disappointing that someone who used to be widely regarded as a visionary in pop just dropped an album and did fuck all with it.

BzhmW.png

Just now, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

It's the worst song on BTW.

Thanks for proving my point!

Anyway. TEOG, Yew and I, Government Hookah, HML, Scheisse, Black Jesus :poordat:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

11 minutes ago, drewby said:

Nah -- and plenty of other artists still managed to put out records during the pandemic and keep things interesting. It was disappointing that someone who used to be widely regarded as a visionary in pop just dropped an album and did fuck all with it.

Yes, Dua Lipa is a good example imo (but I'll give her the "new thing in pop music" factor). But I'm totally agree with you... 
I'm curious to see the Chromatica stage, she usually has some cool ideas for her live tours. 

Happy Birthday to Born This Way ! I remember everybody melting down about the standard edition's album cover, some thought it was a fake etc... 
The tracklist is a rollercoaster for me:

I love:
- Marry The Night (cool)
- Born This Way (it illustrates the album's theme well)
- Government Hooker (very unique)
- Judas (catchy)
- Americano (a grower for me but such a tune once it hit me)
- Hair (touching)
- Scheiße (yas)
- Bloody Mary (mysterious and again quite unique)

then comes the big chunk that I skip: it's so camp and cringy to me (but I get the fact that it fits the theme and what not, so I don't want to be too critical)

- Black Jesus + Amen Fashion
- Bad Kids
- Fashion of His Love
- Highway Unicorn (It worked the way she used it in the tour, I'll give her that)

I can then breathe again with
- Heavy Metal Lover (one of my fall time faves)
- Electric Chapel (very cool)

Quickly skip The Queen (it can go with the other songs like Bad Kids etc.)

- And finish with:
- You and I (aaaw I remember her singing this one live towards the end of the Monster Ball Tour... So exciting.)
- The Edge of Glory (Not my fave but very nice and the theme is touching too)

All in all, a good concept album with a diverse tracklist.

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

5 hours ago, Life said:

i stopped at this.

:lmao:

yet you’ve continued to quote me even when I originally stopped replying to you... ok sis :awkney:

Born This Way is probably the best album she’ll ever make & I’m ok with that.. happy birthday to that legend. 

14417469274.gif

1 hour ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

Someone should change the gif in the laptop to something from C2C

crying.gif

Yes!

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

A tribute album with reimagined songs by LGBTQ+ artists (+allies) is set to be released :defeated:

I lowkey wish Lana would do the same for BTD :noparty:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: