♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

2 minutes ago, ConstableReggie said:

it's funny seeing so much universal love for ARTPOP now, like even with the whole Act II petition as well. don't get me wrong, it's definitely well-deserved. but I was a member on gagadaily back when it was released, and everybody hated it. it was not well-received initially

gosh thats crazy. I loved that era since day 1, the way she nailed with the promo and the live release of the artwork in NYC. The songs were too way ahead of time and she tried a lot of new sounds (thats why I love it). I never really understood why It got so backlashed  but ppl are finally understanding Artpop power

6 minutes ago, ConstableReggie said:

but I was a member on gagadaily back when it was released, and everybody hated it. it was not well-received initially

this is so wild to me!! wasn't on forums at the time so didn't know how allegedly hated it was until a few years ago when people started talking about it as underappreciated.

imo i imagine at least some of the backlash had to do with how MUCH was going on promo wise w this era? it was extremely fucking chaotic– but the music was always there!

aOaIzH2.gif

reading about the unreleased songs from ARTPOP, and saw this in the information on gaga fandom for 'Kink'. Gaga asked this production duo for their instrumental (later used in Aura) and they were literally being so shady and trying to cover up the fact they let Gaga have it? like read this oh my god so pathetic :lmao:

"We had some serious deliberation, we see ourselves as a band with a high artistic integrity and we avoid commercialization and doing cheap things such as Britney or Gaga. So we decided to give her the melody, as long as we are signed under our private names. We felt embarrassment for our fans. But she refused, she wanted "Infected Mushroom" to be credited. So, we decided to go for it thinking it won't make the cut or she'll eventually change her mind."

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

1 minute ago, Cherry Blossom said:

reading about the unreleased songs from ARTPOP, and saw this in the information on gaga fandom for 'Kink'. Gaga asked this production duo for their instrumental (later used in Aura) and they were literally being so shady and trying to cover up the fact they let Gaga have it? like read this oh my god so pathetic :lmao:

"We had some serious deliberation, we see ourselves as a band with a high artistic integrity and we avoid commercialization and doing cheap things such as Britney or Gaga. So we decided to give her the melody, as long as we are signed under our private names. We felt embarrassment for our fans. But she refused, she wanted "Infected Mushroom" to be credited. So, we decided to go for it thinking it won't make the cut or she'll eventually change her mind."

:ma:

flops

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

gonna post my ARTPOP ranking because i relistened for the first time in months yesterday

Spoiler

1. ARTPOP

2. Aura

3. Mary Jane Holland

4. Dope

5. Gypsy

6. Do What U Want

7. G.U.Y.

8. Sexxx Dreams

9. Venus

10. Jewels N Drugs

11. Swine

13. Donatella

14. Fashion!

15. Applause

God please take me back in time so I can tell Gaga to put Brooklyn Nights in Applause’s place… It’s the only song I dislike from this album, it feels too predictable and generic. I love the music video however, and it had my eight year old gay brain hooked when I first heard/saw it so I don’t hate it. But Brooklyn Night’s outro would have been a legendary way to end ARTPOP. Time to add this album to my iTunes with the unreleased amongst the tracks :dance:

1 hour ago, Cherry Blossom said:

gonna post my ARTPOP ranking because i relistened for the first time in months yesterday

Reveal hidden contents

1. ARTPOP

2. Aura

3. Mary Jane Holland

4. Dope

5. Gypsy

6. Do What U Want

7. G.U.Y.

8. Sexxx Dreams

9. Venus

10. Jewels N Drugs

11. Swine

13. Donatella

14. Fashion!

15. Applause

God please take me back in time so I can tell Gaga to put Brooklyn Nights in Applause’s place… It’s the only song I dislike from this album, it feels too predictable and generic. I love the music video however, and it had my eight year old gay brain hooked when I first heard/saw it so I don’t hate it. But Brooklyn Night’s outro would have been a legendary way to end ARTPOP. Time to add this album to my iTunes with the unreleased amongst the tracks :dance:

gonna give my artpop ranking

aura = g.u.y. = artpop (these 3 are practically unrankable so good :cumming2:) > mary jane holland (if it was this mix) = venus > brooklyn nights > donatella > swine > manicure > do what u want (solo / xtina obvs) > sexxx dreams > mary jane holland (lp version) > dope (not her best ballad)

Spoiler

>>>>>> gypsy (good intentions but slurs against romani people are not cute) > applause (just kinda generic) > fashion! (also just very basic) > jewels n drugs (would be better with different rappers)

just created 'ARTPOP (Uber Deluxe Edition)' in my iTunes :hooker: 

Spoiler

I tried to add the leaked outtakes where I think they would fit in the record. If this was in alternate universe, I'd imagine the first 17 tracks to be the standard album, and Applause and Stache would be bonus tracks :party:

1. Aura

2. Venus

3. G.U.Y.

4. Sexxx Dreams

5. Jewels N' Drugs

6. Partynauseous

7. MANiCURE

8. Do What U Want

9. ARTPOP

10. Swine

11. Red Flame

12. Donatella

13. Fashion!

14. Mary Jane Holland

15. Dope

16. Gypsy

17. Brooklyn Nights

18. Applause

19. Stache

The next 20 tracks are just ARTPOP demos

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

gonna give my artpop ranking

aura = g.u.y. = artpop (these 3 are practically unrankable so good :cumming2:) > mary jane holland (if it was this mix) = venus > brooklyn nights > donatella > swine > manicure > do what u want (solo / xtina obvs) > sexxx dreams > mary jane holland (lp version) > dope (not her best ballad)

Hide contents

>>>>>> gypsy (good intentions but slurs against romani people are not cute) > applause (just kinda generic) > fashion! (also just very basic) > jewels n drugs (would be better with different rappers)

big time agree re j&d being the worst on the album– one of the worst songs she's ever recorded (lol but really). i don't listen to gypsy or dope either (and the album works better w/o them imo). aura, GUY, sexxx dreams, mary jane holland, Donatella (incredibly underrated), fashion, swine, venus, and artpop are some of her best songs ever.

aOaIzH2.gif

51 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

big time agree re j&d being the worst on the album– one of the worst songs she's ever recorded (lol but really). i don't listen to gypsy or dope either (and the album works better w/o them imo). aura, GUY, sexxx dreams, mary jane holland, Donatella (incredibly underrated), fashion, swine, venus, and artpop are some of her best songs ever.

Donatella was love at first sight for me.

The day I experienced it in a nightclub with speakers it was just like… gold.

They went so hard with that and its so underrated, I thought it could be her next hit at the time lol

3 hours ago, the ocean said:

mary jane holland (lp version)

Excuse me the what :wat: I never heard about this, what is that? I remember loving Mary Jane Holland quite a lot when it was released, it was also my fave at one point so I thought I knew every version of this song lol.

I maybe would've swapped Jewels N Drugs with Red Flame, Dope with Brooklyn Nights and Do What U Want with either the Christina Aguilera or the solo version. But even as it is, I really like this album.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Born This Way is better than Artpop tbh 

While I do agree, I grew incredibly tired of Judas, Born This Way, Government Hooker and Scheiße. But the rest is immaculate, particularly the second half. My favs are, have been for years and probably will always be Electric Chapel, Marry the Night, Hair, Bloody Mary, The Edge of Glory, Americano and Highway Unicorn (Road to Love).

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

55 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Excuse me the what :wat: I never heard about this, what is that? I remember loving Mary Jane Holland quite a lot when it was released, it was also my fave at one point so I thought I knew every version of this song lol.

lp = album

i was just saying the album version aklsjdfn

2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Born This Way is better than Artpop tbh 

you're absolutely correct :true:

7 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

"this production duo" :rip:

4 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

just created 'ARTPOP (Uber Deluxe Edition)' in my iTunes :hooker: 

Hide contents

I tried to add the leaked outtakes where I think they would fit in the record. If this was in alternate universe, I'd imagine the first 17 tracks to be the standard album, and Applause and Stache would be bonus tracks :party:

1. Aura

2. Venus

3. G.U.Y.

4. Sexxx Dreams

5. Jewels N' Drugs

6. Partynauseous

7. MANiCURE

8. Do What U Want

9. ARTPOP

10. Swine

11. Red Flame

12. Donatella