♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

For now, I hope she gets some rest. She vomited like 4 times on stage while performing. :(

I know :( Poor Gaga. She's such a sweet, kind, hardworking woman who does so much for her fans. I want her to be healthy and not push herself to those limits anymore. I am really pumped for ARTPOP tho. I just can't even imagine the music!!

H0bDaqU.gif

I used to love Gaga, then she became a complete hypocrite and started wearing fur, after she had clearly stated she disliked wearing fur. Money changed her... not another penny of mine will be spent on that trash.

I used to love Gaga, then she became a complete hypocrite and started wearing fur, after she had clearly stated she disliked wearing fur. Money changed her... not another penny of mine will be spent on that trash.

I thought the fur thing was fake? However I agree on the rest. And that whole "hey guise look @ me i smoke w33d" act is getting kinda annoying.

last.fm  

I thought the fur thing was fake? However I agree on the rest. And that whole "hey guise look @ me i smoke w33d" act is getting kinda annoying.

It wasn't fake unfortunately; Hermes doesn't do fake. And she has since worn fur after fur after fur. Even if it IS fake, she hasn't said it is, therefore she is promoting wearing fur. If Lana wears fur I'd be hugley disappointed, BUT she hasn't said publicly she hates fur. It's also the hypocrisy I dislike. Shame, because Gaga is a talented singer and writer, but sooooo desperate for love from her 'monsters' sometimes it makes me cringe.

Ugh why do people even care about the weed thing?

It's the message it send out; her fans are generally teenagers and she has said 'its ok to smoke weed' by doing it. There is increasing scientific proof that weed has a permanent effect, and the people I know who have done weed for sometime regularly, don't work, claim benefits, and don't care... She has condoned that.

It's the message it send out; her fans are generally teenagers and she has said 'its ok to smoke weed' by doing it. There is increasing scientific proof that weed has a permanent effect, and the people I know who have done weed for sometime regularly, don't work, claim benefits, and don't care... She has condoned that.

I suppose that's valid, but the negative effects of this message she's projecting (inadvertently, I'll add) are completely hypothetical. I have yet to see a single fan take up pot because she does it. I would say the more deluded half are all "mother plz no drugs r bad ull kill urslf" and the more cynical half are dragging her in the same way you are for behaving like a teenager. I can see why it's annoying. But to bring it up when criticizing her...I don't know, I just don't think it affects her artistry. I'd say her mistake was perhaps allowing too much relation to her fans, ultimately causing people to really tear apart her small actions like smoking weed. That sort of thing just shouldn't matter.

That's kind of contradictory to be honest. Gaga smokes weed and has arguably become the most successful pop sensation of the past decade. I'm not really comfortable having these weed stereotypes being perpetrated. Weed is like anything, if you over indulge obviously there will be effects but moderate use really isn't as dangerous as many would believe it to be.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I think I can share criticism on here without being ripped to shreds or declared a two-faced hater as I have on a very certain Gaga forum.

Gaga's current attitude is totally annoying me. I love her, she has been tremendously influential in my life, but meeting her hasn't made me blind. In fact, it has made me even more see her as a human and keep a certain critical distance to what she does. The way she confronted Calvin Harris the other day on Twitter with first, making this highly ambiguous statement on how people like to abuse her name for publicly, and second personally confronting him making this utterly theatrical emancipated parole about not being taken seriously as a female making EDM music. She was perfectly right with the arguments has brought up, and even her explanation on LittleMonsters.com did shed some light on what was happening, but the way she chose to make her point clear does contradict her message of "not giving negativity any energy." Even more ironic is her 2010 uploaded video as the Queen of Twitter declaring one shall only share positivity on Twitter.

I know she is having a hard time with hospitalization cases in her family and not being in so good health, but no matter which circumstances surround her, something like this does not stay the only situation. A while ago, she posted her "Telephone" performance from Music Station Japan from 2010 with the words saying 'Hahahahhahaha' after Little Monsters insulted Nicki Minaj for allegedly copying this look. She deleted her post a few minutes afterwords and composed a short apologetic message saying she didn't mean to insult anyone with this.

The point is that her mind is not free of negative thinking towards other people, and artists. She may repress it, not give it energy - sometimes -, and ignore criticism, but it is little moments when she raises her eyebrow or makes ambiguous and short remarks about something, usually in moments the public does not see, that make clear she is very well having these thoughts. To me, it is our irony that Little Monsters have declared "Hating on Madonna" their new favorite hobby since she made a few really insignificant remarks and comments on Gaga which have been complementary, but also of critical nature sometimes. The infamous "reductive" headline has been blown so out of proportion and has been put in contexts which are totally untrue and made up. Madonna has never explicitly said that Gaga is reductive, if you pay attention to the way she answers the question, which we don't hear in the edited footage of the ABC interview, she starts with "IT feels..." One doesn't need to be a linguist to analyze this does not at all have something to do with the interpretations some really extra troubled and passive-thinking Gaga fans came up with.

The most harmless and tongue-in-cheek-ish jokes Madonna has made, while always complementing her, are immediately interpreted as "shade" (fuck this word and the entire popularity of it) and some vicious vicious attack to destroy Gaga. Believe me, Madonna has more important things to do in her daily life than thinking about ways to get rid of concurrence. I don't even have to point out what.

All of the sudden, Twitter and fan forum blow up with hateful comments about artists and those that pretend to be that have allegedly said something utterly destructive and cruel about Gaga. Opinions are expressed, paroles are composed and ridiculous attempts to diminish the other one was started - all of this basing on somebody's stupid and inaccurate, subjective and irrelevant coverage of an occurrence. It is just sad.

But the saddest of all, which puts me so off of this fan base is how her fans are unable to see these exact same flaws about her when talking about others. She is human. Not a saint. Not God. She is as human as Madonna. And humans do, and should, think. Which involves commentary like this. While Madonna does speak out about things, Gaga has this conversation behind closed doors and allows her employees and coworkers, starting from her make-up artist, over to her hair dressed, continued with her body guard, and ending with the worst of them all - her producer DJWS - to make remarks about artists that mentioned Gaga in a critical and negative context. She rarely responds, and when she does, she finds the prettiest way to make a totally immature and unprofessional comment like a 12-year old on Facebook.

But yet, her fans go "Goo GUUURL!!!" when she does this as if it makes her different to anybody else. As if this is justified.

I don't see her as holy, because I am well-aware of that she is not. She is a wonderful person that breeds a lot of awareness, tolerance, positivity and acceptance in the world, but she is a human after all. Like Madonna. And like anyone else.

Just needed to say this.

^ The majority of the negativity in that post is focused on others, though. Her tremendously annoying fan-base and her staff. Her staff are independent thinkers. They can tweet about who they like. Sure, it's often a response to something involving Gaga. But do I believe she tells them to go after these people for her? No.

Most of her fan-base is incurably deluded. Lana fans are so refreshing in that aspect. I do my Gaga worship in private or in real life--I have to stay removed for the most part from the online aspects. That's not Gaga's fault. She had good intentions, catering to the young and insecure, but it kind of got out of control.

As for the few times she's commented on others, unprofessional as they may have been, they really don't develop into full-on feuds and usually end with class compared to most (see: Nicki Minaj). I kind of find it hard to comment on her reaction to Die Antwoord and Calvin Harris simply because I'm not as famous as she is and it's probably a pretty unique feeling to know that people use your name for attention. I think I would have blown up a long time ago if I were in her situation. For me, it's commendable that she isn't constantly lashing out (see: Rihanna).

I mean, I mostly agree with you. I just don't think any of this really has to reflect on her as a musician or an icon.

^ The majority of the negativity in that post is focused on others, though. Her tremendously annoying fan-base and her staff. Her staff are independent thinkers. They can tweet about who they like. Sure, it's often a response to something involving Gaga. But do I believe she tells them to go after these people for her? No.

Most of her fan-base is incurably deluded. Lana fans are so refreshing in that aspect. I do my Gaga worship in private or in real life--I have to stay removed for the most part from the online aspects. That's not Gaga's fault. She had good intentions, catering to the young and insecure, but it kind of got out of control.

As for the few times she's commented on others, unprofessional as they may have been, they really don't develop into full-on feuds and usually end with class compared to most (see: Nicki Minaj). I kind of find it hard to comment on her reaction to Die Antwoord and Calvin Harris simply because I'm not as famous as she is and it's probably a pretty unique feeling to know that people use your name for attention. I think I would have blown up a long time ago if I were in her situation. For me, it's commendable that she isn't constantly lashing out (see: Rihanna).

I mean, I mostly agree with you. I just don't think any of this really has to reflect on her as a musician or an icon.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that Gaga is behind the tweets of her staff. She is too buy to sit behind her make-up artist giggling and telling her what to tweet. And frankly, it isn't really Gaga responding to people on Twitter which bothers me. As you pointed out, it's focussed on others. It is how her fan base constantly overreacts and is ridiculously violating what Mother Monsters preaches because when the individual says they are accepting, loving and not here for negativity, it means being so without exception, but apparently there are multiple exceptions made in this case. I do also not understand why her staff needs to attack others on Twitter. Or why Gaga needs to respond to those people publicly on Twitter. I really don't mind her sorting things out privately with them which can be done just as easily as on Twitter, and probably in a less compressed way.

Why does she need to handle it publicly? She has a point when she says she needs to stand up for herself, but not like this. In my opinion, she is sending out a completely wrong message, one she probably didn't really think about, to her fans which take confronting others as approved. This is where they get her justification for hating on others get from. If the Gaga does it on Twitter, we can, as well.

And yes, none of this has anything to do with her as the brilliant musician and artist she is. I also would like to add, once again, that she is an incredible human being. But I am not so sure if she actually sees what happens with her fans. Because she does meet fans, and in front of her they are all sweet and nice (I have seen the opposite when Gaga is literally not looking anymore), and she also sees a very little part of the Tweets involving other people. And I know that if she saw the things we see on Twitter and fan pages all the time, she would be incredibly heart-broken because she did have sincere and good intentions.

While I do cherish her deeply in my heart, and am more grateful than words can say for the short moment I got to spend with her, those things do kill the enjoyment at times.