♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

She was also so much more of a stuck-up bitch about her art in the beginning--not because that's how she really is, but because it suited her image as an emerging star doing nothing but commenting on fame left and right. It was always part of the appeal for me, the way she'd tell a dumb interviewer "you're wrong" or imply that they are less artistic than her. She's honestly just a funny ass woman. It manifested differently in Born This Way but huge ambitious concepts are kind of her thing any way you slice it.

Exactly! I always had the impression that in the beginning, particularly the pre-The Fame Monster half of 2009, she saw herself forced to justify what she's doing in a way. She appeared, as you said, very defensive and instructive when interviewed by someone who had obviously not done their homework. It must have been very frustrating for her in this early period of her career, having this tremendous ambition and will to push things forward, but not being taken seriously regardless of the often emphasised talent and potential. 

I think another reason why many people are easily turned off by her is because they cling to an old model of the music industry. That means artists, as well as executives, but especially music audiences. It's hard to explain... it's like there has been a turn in the music industry; a paradigm change, so to speak. I am generally interested in the phenomenon "Lady Gaga" because of that. I don't need to point out how much I love and adore her, but she's an interesting research subject because of said paradigm change. Due to the topic's currentness, it's impossible to make precise statements on why "Lady Gaga" is working even though she is not playing by the old industry rules. I just recently wrote a seminar paper on commercial success in the digital era where I talked about this in particular. We can't say if she ignited that change, or if her appearance coincided with her. 

It's easy to hate Lady Gaga for so many reasons, apparently, yet no-one has the answer to why she is being so incredibly successful, and especially influential. I am not referring to the plenty of numbers, records or whatever figures that fans always allude to when trying to defend her, but her cultural impact reaches much, much deeper than anybody else's. She's really worth to be looked at through scientific glasses. I am beyond thrilled to see what the future has in store... :flutter: 

Speaking about being thrilled, I am extremely excited to hear ARTPOP. Not (only) because of the new songs, but I am particularly eager to pay attention to the sound of the album. I'm just assuming, but it seems like she's been engineering herself, supervising mixing and mastering phase, so I am incredibly pumped to actually hear the whole thing. Can you imagine how pedantic she must have been in the studio, completing the album? :flutter: Obsessing about single frequencies and having breakdowns over ambient noises that cannot be removed... :flutter: I think this is so much better than sending the entire album over to Sterling Sound NYC because it probably stays what she wanted it to be, sonically. Well, if she didn't assist all that, then let's forget I just composed an entire paragraph on this matter. :toofunny:

skeptical about Fashion! tbh

did we not already have a song of the same name...it better not be the same song or that's just lazyyyyy

but I'm glad Nothing on But the Radio isn't on there to shut people up

BzhmW.png

skeptical about Fashion! tbh

did we not already have a song of the same name...it better not be the same song or that's just lazyyyyy

but I'm glad Nothing on But the Radio isn't on there to shut people up

About Fashion!:

@bobby_campbell Fashion! is a BRAND NEW song produced with @iamwill! Gaga could write 100 songs using the same title ;)

:crossed: I Wanna Be with You  :crossed:

DOPE is I Wanna Be With You. Bobby also confirmed that.

@bobby_campbell

And don't worry! I WANNA BE WITH YOU is still on the album... now it's just DOPE!

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Okay so she tends to make magic with generic producers (RedOne), so I'm hoping will.i.am doesn't totally fuck this song.

To hopefully expect on the app???:

- Princess Die

- Ratchet

- Tea

- BROOKLYN NIGHTS

- TEMPLE

HOW COULD SHE SCRAP THOSE LAST TWO, THE TITLES>>> THE DESCRIPTIONS>>>

Unless Temple became Venus. I'm so pumped for Venus. Also Dope! IWBWU had potential but needed more. This will definitely give it in an edge and I'm here for it.

And then she throws R. Kelly on there. This tracklist literally defied allllll of my expectations. The only one I got correct in my preliminary order was MANiCURE (and Applause/Dope obv).

I can't believe she almost scrapped Mary Jane Holland. Like gerl you're lowwww on Slaydeon songs at this point, unless he did Venus or something.

Okay so she tends to make magic with generic producers (RedOne), so I'm hoping will.i.am doesn't totally fuck this song.

To hopefully expect on the app???:

- Princess Die

- Ratchet

- Tea

- BROOKLYN NIGHTS

- TEMPLE

HOW COULD SHE SCRAP THOSE LAST TWO, THE TITLES>>> THE DESCRIPTIONS>>>

Unless Temple became Venus. I'm so pumped for Venus. Also Dope! IWBWU had potential but needed more. This will definitely give it in an edge and I'm here for it.

And then she throws R. Kelly on there. This tracklist literally defied allllll of my expectations. The only one I got correct in my preliminary order was MANiCURE (and Applause/Dope obv).

I can't believe she almost scrapped Mary Jane Holland. Like gerl you're lowwww on Slaydeon songs at this point, unless he did Venus or something.

I need Brooklyn Nights and Temple hardcore. BROOKLYN NIGHTS JUST SOUNDS SO GOOD.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

This is what I thought when she made that that Venus tweet a while ago. Even when she announced "Temple" as a song title, I've figured it might be connected to the Venus theme because she was talking about beauty, etc.

I'm beyond happy she scrapped "I Wanna Be With You" as a song title. As for the retitled "Dope," I don't know if you guys have seen that but the song is produced by Sucky Stefani and Rick Ruben ("Ride" "Ride" "Ride" "Ride" and so on...).

I didn't expect much from the lyric video since it seems to be serving as film promotion other than being the next single. I suppose they edited the song a little... if this is the edit heard on the album version I will be so disappointed.  :crossed: Those film clips are annoying. And the vocal track is distractive because you can tell that her vocals were not recorded during the same session. She rerecorded her vocals, as one can easily tell, and replaced those amazing edgy parts in the first verse with a totally redundant new take.  :crossed: I'm going to wait to hear the final version, maybe that'll work eventually, I don't know. 

"Sexxx Dreams" doesn't look as corny as "Sex Dreams." Now that was a big deal for me, glad she solved it with the addition of two X. 

I am not too trusting of that app eventually being a platform to release those non-album tracks on. Don't see this happening, to be honest. What's wrong with b-sides? Good old b-sides on a fucking single format, preferably physical so we don't have to settle for digital only. But no...  :facepalm:

Can't say I'm particularly surprised that she has to have one of those song on it. And since RedOne isn't listed as a producer this time around, who else take his place better than will.i.am, seriously? "Fashion!" is probably a potential single, a club banger and one of the fun fun fun songs on the record, but even though I am kind of put off by the producer choice, I have good faith in her ability as a producer. Who knows what the two came up with. Perhaps this will mark a turning point in will.i.am's career, also. Like, away from the banging dance songs that sound familiar to what we've heard before.

The bottom line is, I am positive everything will be fine. I think that this time, she might have been more sharp sighted than ever before when it comes to compiling a cohesive and strong album out of the hundreds of songs she allegedly recorded. We shall see...  :creep:

Dunno wether aura improved or was destroyed. maybe i just attached to the whole idea of the song being violent and the screamy verses and shit.

maybe if it didnt leak we would all be kissing its ass? who knows 

whats up with artists doing lyric videos nowadays anyway? i dont get it  :biblio:

They are efficient placeholders for the actual music videos in order to take advantage of new regulations in many countries that now count online plays/hits/spins/whatever for charts. Since the production of lyric videos is relatively cheap and quick, they can easily be released in conjunction with a song being sent to radio and its release to digital formats.

From an artist's point of view, this is helpful since the label may determine the budget for the music video based on its initial commercial response. I am not saying there will be a video for "Aura" eventually, but this is how it usually goes. From a publisher's and the label's point of view, lyric videos are another way of making money. Each time a song is played on the radio, publishers collect a certain amount of money. Same goes for online plays.

The latter is becoming a problem in countries such as Germany where various associations are trying to make platforms pay the artists/record labels, because it is just another way of listening to free music (like the radio). However, there are countries in which these royalties are indeed paid.  :creep: