♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

So she had a Q&A on Twitter tonight.

Notably, she said that the foil copies will most likely be sold through Amazon US, so import if your an international fan.

She also said that Brooklyn Nights will come out on the app.

And then she nonchalantly announced THE SECOND VOLUME OF ARTPOP. "Act Two."

+ lots more but those were the most exciting for me.

Ruth Hogben is directing the Venus video, which I'm very happy about. She directed, with Nick Knight, all of the video interludes Gaga used during The Monster Ball Tour. She also directed Gaga's recent Elle magazine video from the photoshoot and she also helped NIck Knight with the Born This Way Ball Tour. Very excited for her work, I love it when Gaga works with ShowStudio people.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Notably, she said that the foil copies will most likely be sold through Amazon US, so import if your an international fan.

Typical.  :diva:

At this point, I'm hoping that the Japanese release will indeed come with a 16th studio track and not a remix. Let us all take a moment and pray that she yet again prattled away. :creep: If so, I am preparing to buy it and hope that this print will come with the foil embossment...  :makeup:

I had mine preordered since the beginning of September, but this is not the point of this post... 

P h o n o l o g y ' s   f o r   G e e k s

A couple of minutes ago I had an enlightenment as to what the first part of second verse in "Applause" meant. I have been trying to figure it out for a while now because... 

I've overheard your theories // "Nostalgia's for geeks" // I guess, Sir, if you say so... // Some of us just like to read

...have never made any proper sense to me in the context of the song as she explained it. However, being sleep-deprived and having had a funny conversation with @Rafael, I must have been on what feels like when Mary Jane Holland comes around to visit you, giving you a lap dance and leaving back that funny little glowing thing that, when you put it in your mouth, has [i am adapting the lyrics, obviously] one's creativity sprout. In this case, sprout to a level of gagaesk lyrical weirdness.

I wondered, why for the love of God, did she suddenly relate to geeks, reading, theories and education? Why making a comment on that in a song that talks about being applauded, being celebrated for one's performance? Wait. Did somebody say a-pplaus-e? [i know this is not the correct syllabification of the word, I am trying to make a point.] Let me break this down as follows:

applause  applaus  aplaus  aplus  a-plus A+

What has gotten into that Duke to come up with that crap? Yes, I have a history with searching for well-intended puns in certain songs, let's call one of them "Gods and Monsters" in which I saw in-cock-need-o, followed by the "looking to get fucked hard" part, back in the day smiled upon by a fellow appreciated member of this forum, let's call him SitarHero.

I still stand by that, but let's take a look at the phonological aspect of "applause" and "A+" Some might say that it does indeed sound similar spoken out loud, but here we go...

"applause:" /əplɒz/

"A+ // a plus:" /ə pləs/

Now one look at that. Both terms vary in that the first sound /ə/ is followed by stop in "A+" while it isn't in "applause." Also, there is a variation in one vowel sound since /ɒ/ ≠ /ə/. However, phonetically speaking, /z/ and /s/ belong to the same phoneme, but are different realisations of it. /z/ is a voiced variation of the voiceless /s/ - they are allophones of the phone /s/. All right, phonological point taken, I hope. 

There is no other way for me to explain that specific part of the second verse but this way, which occurred to me by accident. Judge for yourself, but I am convinced that it's been an odd coincidence (and the power of marihuana and physical pain) that probably made her realise that pun. I just thought I'd share this discovery with you, and I will proceed being judged Sitar style for it. I can take it.

I had mine preordered since the beginning of September, but this is not the point of this post... 

A couple of minutes ago I had an enlightenment as to what the first part of second verse in "Applause" meant. I have been trying to figure it out for a while now because... 

I've overheard your theories // "Nostalgia's for geeks" // I guess, Sir, if you say so... // Some of us just like to read

...have never made any proper sense to me in the context of the song as she explained it. However, being sleep-deprived and having had a funny conversation with @Rafael, I must have been on what feels like when Mary Jane Holland comes around to visit you, giving you a lap dance and leaving back that funny little glowing thing that, when you put it in your mouth, has [i am adapting the lyrics, obviously] one's creativity sprout. In this case, sprout to a level of gagaesk lyrical weirdness.

I wondered, why for the love of God, did she suddenly relate to geeks, reading, theories and education? Why making a comment on that in a song that talks about being applauded, being celebrated for one's performance? Wait. Did somebody say a-pplaus-e? [i know this is not the correct syllabification of the word, I am trying to make a point.] Let me break this down as follows:

What has gotten into that Duke to come up with that crap? Yes, I have a history with searching for well-intended puns in certain songs, let's call one of them "Gods and Monsters" in which I saw in-cock-need-o, followed by the "looking to get fucked hard" part, back in the day smiled upon by a fellow appreciated member of this forum, let's call him SitarHero.

I still stand by that, but let's take a look at the phonological aspect of "applause" and "A+" Some might say that it does indeed sound similar spoken out loud, but here we go...

Now one look at that. Both terms vary in that the first sound /ə/ is followed by stop in "A+" while it isn't in "applause." Also, there is a variation in one vowel sound since /ɒ/ ≠ /ə/. However, phonetically speaking, /z/ and /s/ belong to the same phoneme, but are different realisations of it. /z/ is a voiced variation of the voiceless /s/ - they are allophones of the phone /s/. All right, phonological point taken, I hope. 

There is no other way for me to explain that specific part of the second verse but this way, which occurred to me by accident. Judge for yourself, but I am convinced that it's been an odd coincidence (and the power of marihuana and physical pain) that probably made her realise that pun. I just thought I'd share this discovery with you, and I will proceed being judged Sitar style for it. I can take it.

that's definitely reaching

BzhmW.png

I have to agree. It's definitely interesting and I see how it makes sense to you, but wow, that's insane and that's definitely not how she wrote the song.

How can you be so sure it isn't? Not saying that I'm right with my thesis but pretending that it's wrong also qualifies as... "definitely reaching."  :toofunny: Anyways, I'm open to hear everybody else's interpretation of that particular part.  :creep: Also careful with what you define "definitive" (based on?) and "insane" (thank you).

Oh DUKE, somewhere along the way you went from Mary Jane Holland to Dope tbh :teehee: :deadbanana: