♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

That's kind of contradictory to be honest. Gaga smokes weed and has arguably become the most successful pop sensation of the past decade. I'm not really comfortable having these weed stereotypes being perpetrated. Weed is like anything, if you over indulge obviously there will be effects but moderate use really isn't as dangerous as many would believe it to be.

Its true that most people who smoke weed do so rarely; my opinion is that the majority of Gaga's fans will be young teenagers, impressionable, and easily influenced. If Gaga makes something 'cool' (in their eyes), then she increases the chance of someone following her lead. She isn't one of those artists that accidentally became a role model; she actively wants to be someone that her fans can admire and be like and be influenced by. She gets off on that and has said as much. Which is why I find the weed smoking and fur wearing disturbing. If you WANT to be a role model, behave like one. Rihanna for example, doesn't pretend to be a good influence, she does what she wants; its slightly different in my eyes.

Its true that most people who smoke weed do so rarely; my opinion is that the majority of Gaga's fans will be young teenagers, impressionable, and easily influenced. If Gaga makes something 'cool' (in their eyes), then she increases the chance of someone following her lead. She isn't one of those artists that accidentally became a role model; she actively wants to be someone that her fans can admire and be like and be influenced by. She gets off on that and has said as much. Which is why I find the weed smoking and fur wearing disturbing. If you WANT to be a role model, behave like one. Rihanna for example, doesn't pretend to be a good influence, she does what she wants; its slightly different in my eyes.

That's not true actually. Here's the demographic breakdown of gaga fans:

networked-insights-lady-gaga-demographics-july-2011.JPG

Furthermore, I still don't really understand your point. You're infantilising teenagers. I don't think teen are as susceptible as everyone thinks they are. Will there be some who are influenced by gaga? Sure. Will there be an overwhelming majority? I don't think so. I also don't really see how weed smoking and being a good/bad role model are correlated either.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Where's that demographic breakdown from? :P There's no way there are more 40 year old fans than the hundreds of 'little monsters' teens.

http://www.marketingcharts.com/direct/lady-gaga-provokes-mixed-brand-reaction-18330/networked-insights-lady-gaga-demographics-july-2011jpg/

My mum went and saw gaga live with 8 other friends - she's 51.

#trufax

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I like her music very much, but never enough to have become a stan. I really love Heavy Metal Lover and I don't know why people disliked Born This Way so much, I think it was way better than her other albums. I have a poster of her on my wall. :)

14417469274.gif

Guys, if you don't fucking like her, then stay out of her goddamn thread, I mean Jesus Christ!

Moving on...

Hello, HDB :) Heavy Metal Lover is my favorite.

It's the message it send out; her fans are generally teenagers and she has said 'its ok to smoke weed' by doing it. There is increasing scientific proof that weed has a permanent effect, and the people I know who have done weed for sometime regularly, don't work, claim benefits, and don't care... She has condoned that.

Y'all may have covered this, I don't know. I saw it, got annoyed and skimmed the following replies like the ~bad bitch that I ~is. :diva:

:facepalm: Last time I checked, Lady Gaga is not a mother (we'll forget that cult-esque Mother Monster nonsense, she was a lost child at the time). It's not her job to live her life a certain way just because she has teenage fans. Blame the parents who don't want to get off their ass and instill some type of value in their children before you blame the artist.

Not even gonna comment on that nonsensical generalization either.

Anyway, I never come here so while I'm perched... she needs to let this Cake bullshit go.

Urbga is cute though. I use. :flutter:

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

Anyway, I never come here so while I'm perched... she needs to let this Cake bullshit go.

Urbga is cute though. I use. :flutter:

There's quite a bit she needs to let go before the album. But I take it to mean stuff like that won't make it to ARTPOP because she's releasing it prior.

I hope you've heard "Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe", Urbga to tha max >>>

Does anyone know what she says about Sartre in "Stache?" The line is too mumbled/buried in the mix for me to make out.

"There's no exit but Jean-Paul Sartre" around 1:00

There's quite a bit she needs to let go before the album. But I take it to mean stuff like that won't make it to ARTPOP because she's releasing it prior.

I hope you've heard "Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe", Urbga to tha max >>>

"There's no exit but Jean-Paul Sartre" around 1:00

No, it's "There's no exit, we're in Jean-Paul Satre".