♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

Sorry, Gaga fans, but, considering Bowie tributes, Gags can only lick and suck the dirt between toes of this electric dragoness:

She is crazy, talented, unique and authentic supernova bitch and even has a gorgeous sex moan here, on top of looney punk screams.

I'm sorry but the cover of Ziggy Stardust you posted was awful

People wanted to knock Gaga for making it "too Gaga," but the girl you posted completely warped the vocals and not for the better. it's all over the place

BzhmW.png

I'm sorry but the cover of Ziggy Stardust you posted was awful

People wanted to knock Gaga for making it "too Gaga," but the girl you posted completely warped the vocals and not for the better. it's all over the place

Ok, to each his own, but I just wanted to see how will you, who appreciate pop, will react to somehow more expressive, distorted and exaggerated version of someone´s classic. I respect pop and mainstream adorers, but I personally think that alternative/punk/indie performers with their own distinctive aesthetics can pull out Bowie´s schtick, or signature demeanour better, because they simultaneously pay tribute to his oeuvre and add much of their own flavour, and they are on the same level of sensibility and taste with him. (Btw. her voice being all over the place is exactly the point)

Considering Gaga, I admire her vocal power and strength, I just wish she uses it in more subtle, emotional, nuanced, multilayered way, like Lana, but that is just my biased point of view. Never mind, I thought you will enjoy just a tiny bit, at least by mocking it  :creepna:  :smokes3: :bye2:

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

Considering Gaga, I admire her vocal power and strength, I just wish she uses it in more subtle, emotional, multilayered way, like Lana, but that is just my biased point of view. Never mind, I thought you will enjoy just a tiny bit, at least by mocking it or vomit over the screen :creepna: (Or I just want to get banned, because LB consums too much of my precious and productive time, so I annoy people on purpose)

This is not the way to get banned.

You need to start beef with Jack and you will be gone in a moment.

But we would miss you :flutter:

that awkward moment when you try and sound ~cool and indie~ but it fails :awkney:

Whatever you say, mister :godlaugh: :godlaugh:  :awk:

I´m going for a beauty sleep now, I don´t have to prove anything to the strangers, my works speak for me :hooker: and I am not in the mood for teenage babble, hun, my 69-age bones are aching. Good night and do not bother me with your trite, boring 13 year old tricks.

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

I´m going for a beauty sleep now, I don´t have to prove anything to the strangers, my works speak for me :hooker: and I am not in the mood for teenage babble, hun, my 69-age bones are aching. Good night and do not bother me with your trite, boring 13 year old tricks.

#neaux1curr

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Ok, to each his own, but I just wanted to see how will you, who appreciate pop, will react to somehow more expressive, distorted and exaggerated version of someone´s classic. I respect pop and mainstream adorers, but I personally think that alternative/punk/indie performers with their own distinctive aesthetics can pull out Bowie´s schtick, or signature demeanour better, because they simultaneously pay tribute to his oeuvre and add much of their own flavour, and they are on the same level of sensibility and taste with him. (Btw. her voice being all over the place is exactly the point)

Considering Gaga, I admire her vocal power and strength, I just wish she uses it in more subtle, emotional, nuanced, multilayered way, like Lana, but that is just my biased point of view. Never mind, I thought you will enjoy just a tiny bit, at least by mocking it  :creepna:  :smokes3: :bye2:

I enjoy covers, just not one that sounds like throat singing. I get that Nina Hagen is the "godmother of punk," but I think vocally overdoing the song takes the focus off the lyricism because people are TOO focused on why she sounds like Bjork with a cold.

By your bolded logic, though, Gaga's was what you look for in a tribute.

We can agree to disagree, I'm not sure what happened after the post I'm quoting that got people upset :rip: 

BzhmW.png

Robbed. She was robbed by Samantha tonight.

I was SHOCKED

She'd be campaigning for this song harder than anyone and for it to go to a bland song for a forgettable action movie I was appalled

his performance was even offkey and hers was so powerful

BzhmW.png

except it's not really

It sure is.

Terrible vocals, mediocore production and arrangement, repetitive and plain melody and lyrics.

There literally is nothing good about this song besides the message. And even the message feels ingenuine and phony knowing considering the insane amount of promo including fucking DANCE REMIXES of the song. Also the fact that Gaga did a video in which she glamourizes rape which was close to leaking before the Oscars...

sioeQ.jpg

i have never been able to sit through one listen of this song. I had to skim through the performance. It's absolutely awful it did not deserve to win so it didn't 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Most likely reason Gaga did not win was that Oscar voters never saw the documentary (because) it was a documentary and not a "movie"

the song was in so it wasn't able to get enough votes.

Diane Warren is nominated a lot but has never won, there are many voters who do not think her songs (many of which are very generic) deserve to win an Oscar in the first place. (so those that knew she was the writer some would not vote for her).

Oscar voters most likely also did not bother with 50 shades, so they did not see Weeknds song in the movie.

The other two songs that didn't win were almost unknown, but unknown artists.

Which left Sam Smith's Bond song (which in my opinion was nothing more than a remake of Elton John's Tonight), but was the only song the voters

were familiar with, which is usually what wins. (Plus it was heavily promoted to the Oscar voters).

Other thing is- from what I have heard, the Oscar voters do NOT see the name of the artist only the movie name, which strongly favored Bond,

(and which is why many feared in the score Ennio Morricone would not finally win his first Oscar).

As for subject matter, many of the old conservative men who vote on the Oscars probably are ones where the subject matter (rape/abuse)

is one too familiar for them. The legendary casting couch of Hollywood continues and probably hits close to home for them.

(Much like many in the US still condone the Frat life on college campus, the Animal House culture, which maybe one day will stop but has a long way to go (and that what I considered sabatoge due to the must have been planted article in Rolling Stone  (itself an old boy network) set things back in America many years)

America is very backward these days with some (the conservative Republicans) wanting to bring it back to the 1850s

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

She really deserved that Oscar.... I'm mad

and after that performance???? I thought she had it in the bag

The winner was set before she performed. Still, the song just doesn't have the quality that you'd expect from BOS

sioeQ.jpg