♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

Finished listening to the album. I think it accomplished exactly what it set out to do, I think it's a real tribute to all of its references. I think the whole europop vibe is too much for me to handle in one dose as it is all very saccharine for my taste but I don't think it is bad because of it, I just can't imagine listening to much of this again, especially outside of the context of the album. I honestly think it's quite impressive but it's just not to my taste. I like the club classics and dance staples from the 90s and they are mostly just singles from random one hit wonders so Chromatica is the first time I've listened to an entire album by one artist like that and it is very cohesive.

Alice is the total standout, the only track I could listen to on its own and on repeat, it is so good. Sour Candy would be really good without blackpink, I wish she sang the hook. The spoken word part on Sour Candy is a highlight of the album imo. Plastic Doll chorus is a pretty guilty pleasure though the verse lyrics are definitely too hyper-pop for me. The outro to Sine From Above is more to more liking, it would have been really interesting had she dipped into some drum and bass or even UK garage.  :creep:

Pretty sure I'll like 1000 Doves piano version when it's out.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

chromatica sounds like a drag queen album... I don't think I'm enjoying it for now

I’m not gonna lie some of the songs sound like they come straight off a rupaul album

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

Based on the first 3 listens I love this album

My least favorites are Babylon, Enigma, & Alice

My top 5 are

1000 Doves

Sine From Above

Fun Tonight

Free Woman

I’m so happy with the final FW! The demo was atrocious & felt so dead compared to the final

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

this is kinda sad lol

Not really though, there have been some real gems rupaul has released especially back in the “old” days like seasons 2-4 of drag race that I’ve always appreciated

I thought y'all gays would be here for those RuPaul/Drag Queen vibes on this album, I loved them

Also, this is probably one of her most cohesive works :/

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Based on the first 3 listens I love this album

My least favorites are Babylon, Enigma, & Alice

My top 5 are

1000 Doves

Sine From Above

Fun Tonight

Free Woman

I’m so happy with the final FW! The demo was atrocious & felt so dead compared to the final

4f1c2771a5d424c6acda4dbad3167d91.gif

FUCK HER for putting the SOPHIE prod song on the deluxe, it shits all over the entirety of this dry, bland album :crossed: . 

Again... she's NOT on the album ffs

BzhmW.png

Fun Tonight is a career highlight tbh... haven’t felt that way from a Gaga song since Gypsy

after a few listens i love alice, 911, sour candy, stupid love, plastic doll, babylon and rain on me– though i do think the production is weirdly uninspired and very same-same throughout the album (which some folks are saying makes it really cohesive but i'm finding makes the album feel like it lacks texture). the rest will maybe grow on me– 1000 doves and fun tonight are my two least favs rn. it's a fine album, and i'm certainly going to continue to listen (and dance) to it, but it doesn't come close to BTW or Artpop, both of which i adore and feel like no one else could have made.

aOaIzH2.gif

I lost an entire night listening to it and completely forgot SINE and 1000 Doves weren't even on it yet. Based off the snippets they sound soooo good

The last 30 seconds of Sine shook me