♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

Most bland production I’ve ever heard from her.

This is exactly what I thought. Like it sounds thrown together and generic. Going from Artpop to this... I pretend Joanne or whatever didn’t happen, it’s weird she was trying this strange country sound and I didnt like it.

I’m sad to say but I guess I’ve finally grown away from Gaga and I can’t go back. I wish I could listen to her and enjoy her still, but the quality isn’t there anymore like it used to be. When Joanne came out, I only like 2 tracks and those were Dancin In Circles and Perfect Illusion and with this... None of it stands out to me. There’s nothing like Telephone or Judas or Government Hooker or anything. And I understand that artists change their sounds and this is completely fine! But at this point, I hear she’s going back to pop and I... i’m disappointed. It’s not that it’s a trash album and it’s not good at all, I just don’t like it and can’t listen to it like I did TF/TFM, BTW, and AP.

I say this bc i miss when Gaga was weird and still making unique music. I guess I can say the same about other artists too like Kesha and Katy Perry... but I still had a connection to Gaga and I had specific expectations and they fell through. I’m sad about this record.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

some of the pictures of the signed art cards for Chromatica.... I’m so glad she’s actually hand signing all these but DAMN some of them look so so bad :rip: :rip: :rip: I hope I don’t regret ordering 2 of the signed CD copies from the store and at least one of them looks decent!

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

Like the album is pure dance pop but that doesnt mean that the production is bland 

It’s stale, like old potato chips left out for a week

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Like the album is pure dance pop but that doesnt mean that the production is bland 

dont mind everyone, they don't like it because it's not The Fame Monster 2 or Born This Way 2

negAbhB.png

dont mind everyone, they don't like it because it's not The Fame Monster 2 or Born This Way 2

The difference is TFM and BTW both were unique, there was nothing like it out. This doesnt sound like her, vocally or production wise, it just sounds stale and boring to me. 

You can like or love the album as much as you want, I’m not trying to invalidate your opinion because you’re entitled to that, I’m just sharing my opinion of it and why I can’t listen to it, because it doesn’t resonate with the sound that Lady Gaga is known for. Honestly, if she released it under her real name without the Lady Gaga tag on it, it might be a better album.... but its a Gaga album and it doesn’t hold the quality that a Lady Gaga album did 10 years ago, even being out today.

Every song to me sounds the same or similar and the lyrical content falls shy of what I’d expect. The way she looked in the Stupid Love video made me wonder if this would be her Ziggy Stardust era, but it turns out that the aesthetic makes no sense for the album and music. I don’t understand the reason for it. It’s like she wants to stay unique and interesting, yet her music isn’t showcasing the weird, beautiful art we know she is more than capable of crafting. 

Let me put it in perspective: With Lana, I expect a certain quality of sound and with every record, it turns out she delivers. She has every time. I don’t like LFL, but it still has the quality of a LDR record. LG on the other hand hit a high peak somewhere between BTW & Artpop, but ever since, the quality has been declining. Try listening to this album 5 years from now and you’ll notice the difference, where TFM, BTW, and even Artpop (which a lot of people disliked, considering the change of style it had), still hold up in the quality standard she set for herself with her first album. This album won’t hold that longevity. Even as much as I dislike LFL, I know it’s still going to hold the quality expectations from a LDR album another 5 or 10 years, even being my least favorite in her discography. Is that subject to change? Sure! Opinions are fluid

I typically don’t like drawing comparisons between Gaga and LDR, bc they’re very, very different artists making very different types of music, but that’s the easiest way to explain my opinion.

giphy.gif

Y’all gays wanted dance Gaga and now y’all complaining. I’m sorry Gaga didn’t made songs that sound like diarrhea and metals clanking together and collabed with the spectacular PC Music genre

Fyi, you realise how dumb you sound when you say stuff like this? Sophie does amazing techno-house production who btw isnt part of PC so your statement just doesn't make any sense period. Also I'm digging the Gaga album so im not even pissed but just shut up about boxing Sophie or PC in general to 'clanking' when that was Sophie in 2014, the only loser doing that now is Dylan Brady. 

Well totally hated it at first listen but I am quite enjoying it now. It's fun and dancy. Do I think it's something groundbreaking? No but it's fun and perfect for the summer. I could see it playing on the radio for sure.

-Homeland of the Gods-

Every song to me sounds the same or similar and the lyrical content falls shy of what I’d expect. The way she looked in the Stupid Love video made me wonder if this would be her Ziggy Stardust era, but it turns out that the aesthetic makes no sense for the album and music. I don’t understand the reason for it. It’s like she wants to stay unique and interesting, yet her music isn’t showcasing the weird, beautiful art we know she is more than capable of crafting. 

Yeah... I completely agree! It feels like she tried to do the best of both worlds and it didn't merge how she intended. It's very clear she was all guys I'm going back to the dancefloor, trying to appeal to the GP (probably after the success of A Star Is Born - and rightfully so)... But then she slapped on this mismatch aesthetic for her fans to say I'm weird again, it's me, here's my giant claw, bleached brows, crazy outfits... When in reality this feels like her most mainstream and intentionally commercial release. Even the track lengths etc. It's all tailored to be a success and it has been thus far. The initial teasing of SOPHIE being involved really had me quite excited (as a Charli fan), plus I'm a casual Gaga fan but this doesn't feel authentic, like it's like she's trying to be what she thinks the GP want Lady Gaga to be in 2020.

She should've either took the A Star Is Born success and ran with it and committed to the GP appeal (aesthetic too), or she should've been grateful for the success and then done a 180 and come back with something really left field.

I agree with somebody (can't remember who), who said this is kinda her Lust For Life, a clear attempt to appeal to a mass audience again. And I think she nailed that aspect of it - just she missed the mark on what makes her unique. Nothing on hear screams Gaga! You have songs like Venus, Aura, ARTPOP, Scheibe, Judas, Alejandro etc. They're so Gaga. Nothing on this album stands out as like "damn, that's a Lady Gaga song".

All in all, it's an enjoyable listen, I had no real desire to return to it after one listen though. I'm hoping that now she's proved she can still get the hits, she'll take some more risks with the next album and really remind us who Lady Gaga is and why she made the impact she once did.