♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

Taylor swift stans calling out Rain on Me for not being an ‘organic’ hit is the dumbest shit I’ve heard so far. Considering she promotes stuff like crazy and has tons of deals.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Taylor swift stans calling out Rain on Me for not being an ‘organic’ hit is the dumbest shit I’ve heard so far. Considering she promotes stuff like crazy and has tons of deals.

Right lmao can we talk about the not 1,2, or even 3 but 4 different Target versions of Lover and that’s literally just the cds

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

Alice is the one for me, 911 is enjoyable (in all it's Starstruck 2.0 glory) and erm that's about it. Love Me Right shoulda been on the standard too.

Replay is her best song, I think

The way her vocal delivery hits after “have the guuu-nnnnn” into the last chorus... legendaric

The real questions are... Does Madonna get royalties for Babylon? And will there be an official remix that's actually going to feature her?

:rip: the only one who deserves royalties or to be on a remix would be Naomi Smalls imo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-LnqdiACjdw

Yeah... I completely agree! It feels like she tried to do the best of both worlds and it didn't merge how she intended. It's very clear she was all guys I'm going back to the dancefloor, trying to appeal to the GP (probably after the success of A Star Is Born - and rightfully so)... But then she slapped on this mismatch aesthetic for her fans to say I'm weird again, it's me, here's my giant claw, bleached brows, crazy outfits... When in reality this feels like her most mainstream and intentionally commercial release. Even the track lengths etc. It's all tailored to be a success and it has been thus far. The initial teasing of SOPHIE being involved really had me quite excited (as a Charli fan), plus I'm a casual Gaga fan but this doesn't feel authentic, like it's like she's trying to be what she thinks the GP want Lady Gaga to be in 2020.

She should've either took the A Star Is Born success and ran with it and committed to the GP appeal (aesthetic too), or she should've been grateful for the success and then done a 180 and come back with something really left field.

I agree with somebody (can't remember who), who said this is kinda her Lust For Life, a clear attempt to appeal to a mass audience again. And I think she nailed that aspect of it - just she missed the mark on what makes her unique. Nothing on hear screams Gaga! You have songs like Venus, Aura, ARTPOP, Scheibe, Judas, Alejandro etc. They're so Gaga. Nothing on this album stands out as like "damn, that's a Lady Gaga song".

All in all, it's an enjoyable listen, I had no real desire to return to it after one listen though. I'm hoping that now she's proved she can still get the hits, she'll take some more risks with the next album and really remind us who Lady Gaga is and why she made the impact she once did.

And like I’d said before, it’s not a bad album it’s just a bad Gaga album. It’s nothing as artistic as the cover or her previous works. She can do what she wants, but for someone who’s been a fan since I was in middle school and her first album came out, I just can’t bare to listen to her like this. What’s weird is people say it’s pure dance pop but I turned on TFM this morning in the car and there were some dancy pop songs on that albums for sure. Why she couldn’t have returned to a similar sound or at the very least, did something weird and unique... I dont know. Maybe she knew how long it’s been since her last solo record and she wanted to appeal to the general public. I really like the comparison of this being her LFL. Not bad, but not good.

And I said earlier too, I don’t think it’s a trash album it’s just not for me. Maybe I grew away from Gaga but I don’t know. That’s what I listened to TFM for today to see if I still like her and I do! She has bops but just not this time around that I enjoy

Also, I miss her writing. “He are my heart, he a-a-te my heart out. He ate my heart and then he ate my brain” is such clever use of innuendo

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

:rip: the only one who deserves royalties or to be on a remix would be Naomi Smalls imo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-LnqdiACjdw

Bop WBK!

Okay but for real, I can... definitely hear it.

https://twitter.com/rebelflaviu/status/1265934661835993088?s=21

Not gonna lie, I would lowkey be here for another #reductivegate and Born This Way/Express Yourself kinda drama like we had back in 2011/2012. :flutter:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Is it just me or does part of Enigma completely rip off Dua Lipa's Hallucinate?

I definitely hear similarities but both albums were originally meant to be released within a week of each other so I'm sure it's just a coincidence. Both would've been done way before each heard them.

The real questions are... Does Madonna get royalties for Babylon? And will there be an official remix that's actually going to feature her?

Lol, in seriousness though Madonna did not invent that sound it was prevalent in the late 80s early 90s and she jumped on it.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Is it just me or does part of Enigma completely rip off Dua Lipa's Hallucinate?

I THOUGHT THE EXACT SAME THING. I KNEW IT. both songs are still bops but oh my godddd i thought i was just trippin

Bop WBK!

Okay but for real, I can... definitely hear it.

https://twitter.com/rebelflaviu/status/1265934661835993088?s=21

Not gonna lie, I would lowkey be here for another #reductivegate and Born This Way/Express Yourself kinda drama like we had back in 2011/2012. :flutter:

Oop yea I definitely can hear the similarities and such too... but when you face the facts that talk-speak part is the only part that resonates in a similar way sonically, after going back and listening to the whole track Vogue’s verses/chorus/melodies are not even CLOSE to comparable with Babylon

I’m very upset she made us believe we were getting dark pop

This album is too safely played to get above a 7

Where did she make it seem we’d be getting a dark album? I mean the imagery yes I get that but stupid love and rain on me are about as “light” as can be haha I definitely agree with the sentiment that this album was a safe play from her

I’m very upset she made us believe we were getting dark pop

This album is too safely played to get above a 7

production wise it's very safe, but lyrically it's quite dark at moments

OAjeWdG.jpg?1