♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

okay so this ended up being a lot longer than i expected and i kind of don't want to be a downer bc 911 is a bop and everyone seems to love the visual so i'm putting ha in a spoiler :hooker:

gaga's always "almost" there for me. i can't wait for an era where she really does something that's truly experimental visually and audio wise.

i don't really know how to describe it, but i don't like watching gaga's visuals and being reminded that its a music video? i wish she went for more plot driven videos and i wish she would double down on the concepts a little bit more. i hate seeing her look and feel like a popstar and i really don't know why? i want to believe she's more of a visual artist. i guess that's where i get caught in the trap with gaga.

things i liked - colour, costumes...sooooo much eyecandy there for her fans. i just wish it were shot in a way that was a little but less pop music video and a bit more elegant. i felt the same about rain on me. like imagine those beautiful, all out visuals in a plot driven music video than a traditional pop choreography based music video. at least there's a bit more of a plot in 911 but the ending kind of felt....flat? like oh let's just wake up and it's all a dream. i also don't get what the middle eastern thematic or the real world has anything to do with chromatica? like that looks like earth at the end? is the whole of chromatica just a fever dream? i wish the music video told more of a story about this world :^( because the visual for the whole album is just so sick.

this gives me the same vibe the artpop film gives me - somewhat pretentious. It's a very blandly shot music video with no plot other than something minimal to tie everything together, with kind of pretentious and bland art elements to make gaga seem more artsy than she is. the thing with artpop, though, is we could kind of take the camp elements and understand as camp. with this i'm not getting camp, i'm just getting a bunch of randomly unrelated shots of people jamming to 911 in pretty artsy costumes with no substance.

i guess at the end of the day, what i wanted from this project was something similar to the electra heart era. she has a character/fantasy...a whole world that the artist is literally submerged in. i'm not getting that yet and i'm not sure i'll ever get what i want from gaga :toofunny: but again i'm hoping this is her lfl and we can just move on to her best album :w8ing:

// also feel free to disagree/reply bc the video has only been out like half an hour & honestly i might have missed some of the points she was trying to make

5 minutes ago, electra said:

okay so this ended up being a lot longer than i expected and i kind of don't want to be a downer bc 911 is a bop and everyone seems to love the visual so i'm putting ha in a spoiler :hooker:

Hide contents

gaga's always "almost" there for me. i can't wait for an era where she really does something that's truly experimental visually and audio wise.

i don't really know how to describe it, but i don't like watching gaga's visuals and being reminded that its a music video? i wish she went for more plot driven videos and i wish she would double down on the concepts a little bit more. i hate seeing her look and feel like a popstar and i really don't know why? i want to believe she's more of a visual artist. i guess that's where i get caught in the trap with gaga.

things i liked - colour, costumes...sooooo much eyecandy there for her fans. i just wish it were shot in a way that was a little but less pop music video and a bit more elegant. i felt the same about rain on me. like imagine those beautiful, all out visuals in a plot driven music video than a traditional pop choreography based music video. at least there's a bit more of a plot in 911 but the ending kind of felt....flat? like oh let's just wake up and it's all a dream. i also don't get what the middle eastern thematic or the real world has anything to do with chromatica? like that looks like earth at the end? is the whole of chromatica just a fever dream? i wish the music video told more of a story about this world :^( because the visual for the whole album is just so sick.

this gives me the same vibe the artpop film gives me - somewhat pretentious. It's a very blandly shot music video with no plot other than something minimal to tie everything together, with kind of pretentious and bland art elements to make gaga seem more artsy than she is. the thing with artpop, though, is we could kind of take the camp elements and understand as camp. with this i'm not getting camp, i'm just getting a bunch of randomly unrelated shots of people jamming to 911 in pretty artsy costumes with no substance.

i guess at the end of the day, what i wanted from this project was something similar to the electra heart era. she has a character/fantasy...a whole world that the artist is literally submerged in. i'm not getting that yet and i'm not sure i'll ever get what i want from gaga :toofunny: but again i'm hoping this is her lfl and we can just move on to her best album :w8ing:

// also feel free to disagree/reply bc the video has only been out like half an hour & honestly i might have missed some of the points she was trying to make

Yes. It was nice to see Gaga embrace the avant- garde imagery she’s known for, but I miss when her concepts were clever and made sense. This era has just been so all over the place and the concepts have had to be explained so now it just feels dishonest... idk. Still love the song and the video was entertaining but yeah. Totally with you there.

1 minute ago, veinsineon said:

Yes. It was nice to see Gaga embrace the avant- garde imagery she’s known for, but I miss when her concepts were clever and made sense. This era has just been so all over the place and the concepts have had to be explained so now it just feels dishonest... idk. Still love the song and the video was entertaining but yeah. Totally with you there.

^^ this! was a better and clearer way of expressing how i felt. i think lady gaga was kind of shoehorned into being the "weirdo" in her early career for her fashion choices and i think she's trying to cling onto that...but i don't really know if she ever was that. :toofunny:

48 minutes ago, gyu said:

did NOT like seeing her wail like that. ouch :crai:

It was so distressing to watch her that way:crying5: 

It reminded me way too much of her lying on the couch crying in pure agony, in her Netflix documentary. 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I loved it. the parallels to prison, the glossing, the movement almost like tourettes.  they're kinda like chess pieces. roles. clothe changes. the stages of processing and healing, acceptance. guilt is a powerful thing. shame too. It made me uncomfortable, it really did. but it's a very real thing and I'm glad she shared this with us. I feel like if she didn't take this approach, it'd be a bit too depressing? but it's a dark, complex bop wbk.. 

UV/Honeymoon

no cuz i really can’t get over how good this vid is... maybe my favourite video since marry the night. i agree it doesn’t fit well with the concept of chromatica much but as a standalone vid it’s amazing

i especially love the scene where she’s dancing in the blue dress

6 minutes ago, partymonster said:

no cuz i really can’t get over how good this vid is... maybe my favourite video since marry the night. i agree it doesn’t fit well with the concept of chromatica much but as a standalone vid it’s amazing

i especially love the scene where she’s dancing in the blue dress

she's setting the stage for Babylon imo, and I love the use of diff times to sort of encapsulate the same human values/ circumstances regardless of the age. they're all just flashes rn, but the black floral suit. wow

UV/Honeymoon

5 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

she's setting the stage for Babylon imo

omg yes!! the entire setting def gave me Babylon vibes but i didn't even have this thought - i have a feeling a video for Sine will be next, but then maybe she'll do a video for Babylon and return to the fantasy world of this video?? maybe find a way to mesh the fantasy world with the real world and that will, in essence, be how the spirit of Chromatica survives on earth/in daily life/irl??? much 2 think about :creepna3:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

13 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

omg yes!! the entire setting def gave me Babylon vibes but i didn't even have this thought - i have a feeling a video for Sine will be next, but then maybe she'll do a video for Babylon and return to the fantasy world of this video?? maybe find a way to mesh the fantasy world with the real world and that will, in essence, be how the spirit of Chromatica survives on earth/in daily life/irl??? much 2 think about :creepna3:

I kinda hope Sine isn't next bc it'd be such a good closer for the era ngl, but i'm still looking forward to iiittt. 
I didn't really follower the insider deets, but I know she's supposed to have one for Babylon, and one for Sour Candy? but i'm not sure.. whichever she chooses to close the era w though, I hope she takes little bits of the previous videos and incorporates them into some kind of closer. bc SL was kinda just out of the blue, and ROM was set in a different setting too (so I'm thinking it all might be parts of her mind). kinda like how the record sorta just dances about on imo. but mm yesss it's all so amazing to think about. I wonder if it'll come w new merchh 

UV/Honeymoon

:gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap:

I cannot believe how much I missed the dark, creative Gaga and didn't even know about it. I got reminded why I strive to have an artistic career in the first place and how much influence she had on me growing up. The fact she really brought this unique visual to life... The respect I have is endless. She's the next-level no one in this industry or anyone tbh can reach. 

z445hpI.png