pinupgirls

Singers you think should get more attention

First person that comes to my head is Vanessa Carlton. Most people only know her for "A Thousand Miles" but she has way better songs, I think I love everything I've ever heard from her

deep sea arcade from Australia, they r becoming more popular though. often compared to tame impala but I think they're better

and The Dan Houstons are a cool little surf pop group from Australia ~ I feel like more people should listen to them

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Was gonna spam more Lorde but I'm doing a pretty good job of being her ambassador on LanaBoards. So let me just drop some Jay Brannan.

His voice has a really smooth, almost androgynous quality and he's very nice to look at. (But even without that, he has one of my favorite voices.)

First person that comes to my head is Vanessa Carlton. Most people only know her for "A Thousand Miles" but she has way better songs, I think I love everything I've ever heard from her

VC  :excited:  Rabbits on the Run is incredible. Pretty Baby is such a beautiful song too 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

LISSIE

Her new single is out I hope the new album brings her more recognition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF1WJ4dChRE

I also found a nice amount of unheard / unseen stuff from her by sleuthing a la LDR  :hooker:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Love lissie!!! Also I think angel olsen deserves a lot of good stuff

and of course laura marling, her new album is so good

and a lot more, first aid kit, friends the band, mac demarco, st vincent, etc

:derpna2:

SIA. 

this song helped me when I was depressed and she did have a hit song with David Guetta but she deserves more. Her voice is amazing and in case any of you didn't know this she was the one behind "Diamonds" by Rihanna. Her voice is so amazing I can feel her hurt in her music. It's beautiful imo.

god knows I tried

and a lot more, first aid kit, friends the band, mac demarco, st vincent, etc

:worship: 

Huge Annie fan right here...I keep wanting to make a thread, but never get around to it. :horror: 

Besides the singers and bands who already do have threads, I agree with PinUpGirls about Mat Kearney. The happy songs on his last LP are simply :deadbanana:, they're so good...not a fan of his ballads, but he can write really great bridges. 

VV Brown is coming out with new music, and it's very different from her last album (or two), but it's not bad by a long-shot. Very operatic, dramatic, with a bunch of religious overtones...she followed Kate Nash's lead and is totally ~INDIE~ now, but I think the album will not fail to impress. 

There was a song at the end of the last episode of the new 'Arrested Development' season that I actually really liked, and it's by a singer named Lucy Schwartz...I downloaded that one for free, but it's interesting enough that I might actually check her out. 

Finally, I am quickly becoming a massive fan of self-entitled Swamp Hop singer Ivy Levan. Matt Squire, whom I follow on Twitter, will not stop tweeting about her all the time, and I finally checked out her music on SoundCloud and was completely blown away...super catchy, and her voice reminds me of Christina Aguilera's without the annoying-ness. If you're interested, as everyone should be, you can check her out here. :hooker:

Y'all should give Empire of the Sun a chance. Their latest album "Ice on the Dune" is so amazing! I recently noticed that a lot of Daft Punk listeners likes them as well and both of them sure knows how to make people dance. I'd say "Ice on the Dune" is a fair contender to DP's latest album "Random Access Memories". Check 'em out!  :)

"DNA"

"Awakening"

"Celebrate"

Also, here's my personal favorite track ever created by them:

EQFO7rX.png