Quentin

Kanye West

We stan Miss O‘Connor:

Granting zero stars, Roisin O'Connor writing for The Independent, called out the guest appearances of Marilyn Manson and DaBaby as "impossible to forget – or forgive"; Manson for the multiple sexual assault lawsuits he is facing, and DaBaby for his controversial comments about HIV-infected individuals. She specifically called out Manson's presence as "inexcusable" and leaving "a sour taste that no number of good beats, gospel choirs or church organs will cleanse."

1 minute ago, Honeysuckle said:

why is this release so messy tho? is ben mawson his manager? :benmawson:

LMFAOOOO

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

23 minutes ago, COCC said:

We stan Miss O‘Connor:

Granting zero stars, Roisin O'Connor writing for The Independent, called out the guest appearances of Marilyn Manson and DaBaby as "impossible to forget – or forgive"; Manson for the multiple sexual assault lawsuits he is facing, and DaBaby for his controversial comments about HIV-infected individuals. She specifically called out Manson's presence as "inexcusable" and leaving "a sour taste that no number of good beats, gospel choirs or church organs will cleanse."

0/5? Iconic :angie:

5 minutes ago, Moon River said:

0/5? Iconic :angie:

Yes :trisha:

„West is evidently surrounded by a team who are too scared or too exhausted to say ‘no’, but it speaks volumes of society’s apathy towards rape survivors that Universal would release this album with Manson on it“

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/kanye-west-review-donda-marilyn-manson-b1911087.html

7 hours ago, COCC said:

We stan Miss O‘Connor:

pls the 0 stars is so performative & people are eating it up

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, TrashMagiq said:

pls the 0 stars is so performative & people are eating it up

8 hours ago, COCC said:

but it speaks volumes of society’s apathy towards rape survivors

23 minutes ago, COCC said:

….

Independant literally gave marilyn manson’s album a 3/5 last year. them giving kanye a 0 is just for clicks. it’s performative activism. me pointing that out isn’t “having apathy towards rape survivors” weirdo

qfrWuBl.png

Funny how some of you were in the Manson thread calling him a piece of shit (deservedly), but close your eyes to the fact, that Kanye did give that same sexual predator a place on his stage, which is not excusable however you look at it. Tf is wrong with y‘all?

I absolutely love Ye’s music and artistry, but I‘ll torrent his music from now on, because that‘s a line he crossed for me.

However reviewers giving the album 0/5 is utter horseshit and only feeds into the narrative, where black artists are criticized more & don’t get away as easily as white artists. They really should touch some grass and stop their unhelpful fake activism. 

That being said, it’s a great album and I’m glad it’s not another Jesus Is King. Believe What I Say and Jesus Lord being my absolute favorites so far, brilliant production 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Criticizing Independant because they gave Marilyn 3/5 last year is just bs, because it wasn't the same reviewer and second the album came out before the vast majority of the allegations against him. So I don’t think there’s much hypocrisy there.

10 minutes ago, lamms said:

However reviewers giving the album 0/5 is utter horseshit and only feeds into the narrative, where black artists are criticized more & don’t get away as easily as white artists. They really should touch some grass and stop their unhelpful fake activism.

Also not sure about this. Dua was dragged too for collaborating with Dababy, up to a point where she had to speak out against his homophobic comments.

15 minutes ago, COCC said:

Criticizing Independant because they gave Marilyn 3/5 last year is just bs, because it wasn't the same reviewer and second the album came out before the vast majority of the allegations against him. So I don’t think there’s much hypocrisy there.

Also not sure about this. Dua was dragged too for collaborating with Dababy, up to a point where she had to speak out against his homophobic comments.

You’re acting like Manson was a saint before the allegations came out?? It’s hypocritical to ignore his smaller „misdemeanors“ and give his album a mediocre rating, but turn around and give Kanye‘s album 0/5. Please, the mental gymnastics to justify the bullshit.

Dua didn‘t speak out because she was dragged, she spoke out because she is a lgbtq ally and has a lot of gay fans etc. This situation is absolutely not comparable, especially when DaBaby lost brand deals, festival bookings etc. and not Dua.

Anyways, if you’re only here to drag Kanye because you dislike him say so and leave. Lana‘s QFTC, face masks etc being brought up in reviews has everyone lose their shit (of course not on the same level as Manson), but apparently it’s okay to use these things against Kanye‘s music, when in principle it’s the same unnecessary wokeism. Nice hypocrisy you got there and it’s exactly what my point was about.

What‘s everyone‘s top 3?

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

7 minutes ago, lamms said:

You’re acting like Manson was a saint before the allegations came out?? It’s hypocritical to ignore his smaller „misdemeanors“ and give his album a mediocre rating, but turn around and give Kanye‘s album 0/5. Please, the mental gymnastics to justify the bullshit.

How am I acting like that? And when did I say it's alright to ignore his "misdemeanors"? All I said is that I don't see any hypocrisy on Independant's side. We're talking about two different reviews made by two different people at two different times. Calm down and think about your own "mental gymnastics" :awk:

10 minutes ago, lamms said:

Anyways, if you’re only here to drag Kanye because you dislike him say so and leave. Lana‘s QFTC, face masks etc being brought up in reviews has everyone lose their shit (of course not on the same level as Manson), but apparently it’s okay to use these things against Kanye‘s music, when in principle it’s the same unnecessary wokeism.

No, that's not why I am here. No, you're not telling me if I have to leave or not and you don't need to act like a high school bully. And no, we're not dragging Lana into this- it has literally zero connections with Kanye and Marilyn. And no, no one is using these  things agains Kanye's music- it's just about the fact that he is giving these people a stage.

12 minutes ago, lamms said:

Nice hypocrisy you got there and it’s exactly what my point was about.

Sorry, your point was pointless :yawn: All I said to your post was "Also not sure about this." How are we supposed to have a discussion if you can't even accept this response :awkney:

10 hours ago, COCC said:

It’s literally the same publication. Why shouldn’t they get criticized like what? Also Marilyn Manson had Several allegations against him along with him literally admitting to rape… If they were actually boycotting him then they would just not write a review. Or they could’ve just written an article calling him out or whatever but they’re literally just putting more attention on this album, especially by giving a score like 0/5, which was literally Kanye’s entire goal like do y’all really think he put both Dababy and Marilyn Manson on it for artistic reasons? He wants the controversy & attention and that’s what he’s getting. Giving an album 0/5 stars for the reasons in that review is selective and performative & ends up in both the Independant profiting more off of clicks & Kanye profiting more off of publicity.

Also I checked out the writer’s other articles and literally 2 days ago they published an article listing a dr luke song as one of the “40 best feel-good summer hits”. Like, please. It’s so transparant.

qfrWuBl.png

people on this forum tend to defend lana's missteps with lines like: "everyone makes mistakes", "I can't support her as a person but I also can't separate myself from her art", "she just has a bad wording but she means well" or "her mental health is not the best right now she needs support" and all that could be said about Kanye as well so :pout:

Spoiler

and I mean, the world's a shitty place :noparty: tiny percentage of people who hoard the wealth are so powerful they can terrible things we will never hear about. everything we use and consume means that someone probably suffered because of it and that shitty people got more powerful. there is war and violence and injustice and the planet is legit dying. so, if listening to Kanye's music gives me something to enjoy about for 5 minutes a day before the asteroid hits us, I will do it. of course I respect people who have such strong morals that they manage to separate themselves from everything that's problematic if that even is possible and I don't think that is

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

I'm pretty sure Lana and him collabed at one point. I'll still never be over him ACTUALLY calling Taylor and telling her about Famous, then her going back and retracting it:godlaugh:. He is one of my favorite people on Earth. #Kanye2024

So, um, now there is a 130min deluxe edition?

I loved this crazy guy around the time of Fantasy and Yeezus. 

Then the tinkering/changes on Pablo drove me fucking insane, and I still have not heard it, or anything after. 

Do we really know if he is finished fucking with Donda yet?

Some may respond that "art is an ever-changing thing, not stagnant, etc etc" but I want my albums and films to be released, then not fucked with after the release. 

Anyway - sorry for the rant. Any opinions on the "new" Donda? 

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside.