Quentin

Kanye West

Let's talk about Yeezy. :legend:

YEEZUS-packaging-500x500.jpg

His next album Yeezus will be out in 8 days with (rumored) productions and featurings from S1, The Heatmakerz, Skrillex, Rick Rubin, Hudson Mohawke, Daft Punk, Young Chop, Chief Keef, Frank Ocean, Justin Vernon, Travis Scott & King L.

He started to "promote" his album by projecting New Slaves in the streets around the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKGp1XqddM

Then he performed at the season final of the SNL, here's an uncensored version of Black Skinhead (produced by the Daft Punk) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeOKZdgrr6U

Last night at the Governors Ball, he performed two new songs : On Site (rumored to be produced by the Daft) and I am a God

Yeezy said some words about the promotion of this album last night : "Honestly, when I listen to radio, that ain't where I wanna be no more. At this point, I could give a fuck about selling a million records, as long as I put out an album that you can rock to all motherfucking summer." If you want to know more about his current actuality read this.

Kanye also recently co-produced Pusha T's Numbers on the Boards and did a quick appearance in the clip (which was shot by SO ME in Paris)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DawrlSwHUiM

Like I've always kind of avoided his music because I thought he was obnoxious but Black Skinhead recently sold me, I like it a lot.

I cannot fucking wait for Yeezus because Kanye is a musical genius, plus it helps that he's one of my only celebrity crushes.

Black Skinhead is so good.

I will definitely be buying this.

The production of this album is going to be insane. I've never heard something like that, the drums in Black Skinhead are crazy! And On Site... I'm glad the robots are finally back :oprah:

I love Kanye because he never disappoints. This album is shaping up to be something incredible. 

I also love everything about this album era. Touching on Sitar's post about finding him obnoxious... I think he is obnoxious (although nearly not as much as it's made out to be, there's a certain amount of swagger and bravado and posturing that's to be expected in the hip hop community), but I think it is excusable given his talent and ingenuity -- he really is that good. I encourage anyone on the fence about him to take the plunge into his Beautiful, Dark, Twisted discography (okay, I couldn't help it) :P and if you need any recommendations, just post here and ask one of us!

But back to the album era thus far: I love the brevity and minimalism of the entire affair, from the lack of album art to the decision to forgo major promotion (sans SNL) or release any singles... and of course, announcing the album a mere month prior to the release. I don't need an artist to announce an album date 5 months prior to the release and then string us along with teasy interviews or tweets of possible plans that may not even materialize. There's something that is so utterly sincere when Kanye says that he's not interested in radio anymore (or at least, not at this point in his career) -- and it's far more believable than say... someone like Gaga (her pretentiousness is a close match to that of Kanye's), who was obviously still keen for smashes on the charts.

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I love Kanye because he never disappoints. This album is shaping up to be something incredible. 

I also love everything about this album era. Touching on Sitar's post about finding him obnoxious... I think he is obnoxious (although nearly not as much as it's made out to be, there's a certain amount of swagger and bravado and posturing that's to be expected in the hip hop community), but I think it is excusable given his talent and ingenuity -- he really is that good. I encourage anyone on the fence about him to take the plunge into his Beautiful, Dark, Twisted discography (okay, I couldn't help it) :P and if you need any recommendations, just post here and ask one of us!

Hit me!

I prefer Kanye as a producer and artist, I really don't think he's that great at rapping (especially lyrically), he's released a lot of shit, his production work is amazing though. I'm really looking forward to Yeezus and have pre-ordered it, what I've heard so far sounds very good. I first checked it out when I read that a lot of people were saying it was inspired by Death Grips and after listening to some of the tracks/watching the SNL performances, I definitely agree. He absolutely has an enormous ego and he shows it but to me it's reached comical proportions and I just find it funny and I'm not annoyed by it. I would have appreciated him working with a few non-mainstream artists. Skrillex, Frank Ocean, Daft Punk and James Blake are pretty unimaginative choices in my opinion.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

v. innovative 

Id be lying if I said I had listened to any of his albums prior to 808s and heartbreak though  :ohno:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I prefer Kanye as a producer and artist, I really don't think he's that great at rapping (especially lyrically), he's released a lot of shit, his production work is amazing though. I'm really looking forward to Yeezus and have pre-ordered it, what I've heard so far sounds very good. I first checked it out when I read that a lot of people were saying it was inspired by Death Grips and after listening to some of the tracks/watching the SNL performances, I definitely agree. He absolutely has an enormous ego and he shows it but to me it's reached comical proportions and I just find it funny and I'm not annoyed by it. I would have appreciated him working with a few non-mainstream artists. Skrillex, Frank Ocean, Daft Punk and James Blake are pretty unimaginative choices in my opinion.

What do you mean ? Because they're mainstream now he can't work with them anymore ? Frank was featured on WTT before all the hype around him begin. He's friend with the Daft, he makes music with the people he feel close to and artists from his label like Hudson, what's wrong with that ? He has already worked with most of them : RZA, Bon Iver, John Legend, Frank, Pusha etc. Most of the "rapper" now wants big names on their album, they want to make features with artists they don't even know, remember that French Montana quote ?

Here's a new track produced by Gesaffelstein (a french DJ and producer), he did a (fantastic) remix of Blue Jeans you may know him for that :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLjoXbEhXUY

What do you mean ? Because they're mainstream now he can't work with them anymore ? Frank was featured on WTT before all the hype around him begin. He's friend with the Daft, he makes music with the people he feel close to and artist from his label like Hudson, what's wrong with that ? He has already worked with most of them : RZA, Bon Iver, John Legend, Frank, Pusha etc. Most of the "rapper" now wants big names on their album, they want to make features with artists they don't even know, remember that French Montana quote ?

I don't mean he's not allowed to or shouldn't and I understand wanting to work with your friends but I would've liked him to work with some lesser known artists on this album. He's not interested in playing on the radio yet he's working with the people who are currently on the radio all of the time. Since he's going in a different direction with the style of this album, I was expecting him to work with people who actually make that kind of music and for him to work people from the underground music community. I would've appreciated some out of the box thinking from him.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I thought Yeezus wasn't available for pre-order? Whaaaat?

it was available for pre-order for a while on his website and it's available for pre-order on german amazon too which is where i got it

The tracklist leaked :

1. On Site (Prod. Daft Punk)
2. Black Skin Head (Prod. Daft Punk)
3. I Am A God (Prod. Daft Punk)
4. New Slaves feat. Frank Ocean (samples ‘Gyöngyhajú lány’ by Omega)
5. Can’t Hold My Liquor feat. Chief Keef & Justin Vernon
6. I’m In It feat. Justin Vernon
7. Blood On The Leaves (samples ‘Strange Fruit’ by Billie Holiday) (Prod. Hudson Mohawke)
8. Guilt Trip feat. Travis Scott
9. Send It Up feat. King L (Prod. Gesaffelstein)
10. Bound feat. Charlie Wilson (samples ‘Bound” contains samples of ‘Bound’ by Ponderosa Twins Plus One and ‘Sweet Nothin’s’ by Brenda Lee)

He did an interview for the NY Times - must read : http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/16/arts/music/kanye-west-talks-about-his-career-and-album-yeezus.html

I thought Yeezus wasn't available for pre-order? Whaaaat?

I think he made it unavailable to pre-order on itunes and maybe some US stores, i also pre-ordered mine on amazon.

The tracklist leaked :

7. Blood On The Leaves (samples ‘Strange Fruit’ by Billie Holiday) (Prod. Hudson Mohawke)

10. Bound feat. Charlie Wilson (samples ‘Bound” contains samples of ‘Bound’ by Ponderosa Twins Plus One and ‘Sweet Nothin’s’ by Brenda Lee)

I think he made it unavailable to pre-order on itunes and maybe others US stores, i also pre-ordered mine on amazon.

I'm disappointed Kid Cudi's not on the album. I heard he has like a little thing on the outro of one of the tracks though. I'll still buy this and Born Sinner on Tuesday!

The tracklist leaked :

I'm disappointed Kid Cudi's not on the album. I heard he has like a little thing on the outro of one of the tracks though. I'll still buy this and Born Sinner on Tuesday!

Some places it lists Kid Cudi as a feature for Guilt Trip with a sample from Pusha T's "Blocka" featuring Travis Scott and Popacaan, so who knows. I was hoping for a Cudi collab too, so I hope it's on there.

I can't wait for this.

Cudi's actually on it! Official tracklist:

1. On Sight (Produced by Daft Punk) [Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
2. Black Skinhead (Produced by Daft Punk) [CyHi The Prynce, Lupe Fiasco, Malik Yusef]
3. I Am A God (Featuring God) (Produced by Daft Punk) [Hudson Mohawke, Justin Vernon, Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
4. New Slaves (Featuring Frank Ocean) (Malik Yusef, Rhymefest)
5. Hold My Liquor (Feat. Chief Keef & Justin Vernon) [Alejandro Ghersi, Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
6. I’m In It (Feat. Travis Scott) [Justin Vernon, Malik Yusef]
7. Blood On The Leaves [Hudson Mohawke, Tony Williams]
8. Guilt Trip (Feat. Kid Cudi) (Produced by S1)
9. Send It Up (Feat. King L) [Alejandro Ghersi, Daft Punk, Gesaffelstein]
10. Bound 2 (Feat. Charlie Wilson) [John Legend]

mw4mzp.jpg