Quentin

Kanye West

5 hours ago, Moon River said:

I'm so over this man after all the Trump bullshit and his endorsing of DaBaby and Marilyn Manson x

marilyn manson represented the devil on his doorstep always being around, even when he's singing about god and thinking he's on the right path, he still has the devil knocking on his door. dababy i think was used to surprise everyone when we actually got the album. the album version of jail has jay z, not dababy, and everyone was disappointed because he put dababy on the song and took off jay but it turned out jay is on it and dababy isn't so

as for the trump shit... he's bipolar. he isn't always right in the head. and that's okay. he gets a pass for that, it's not his fault. kim on the other hand. she went and talked and worked with trump and nobody bats an eye, everyone still licks her ass so... 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

5 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

marilyn manson represented the devil on his doorstep always being around, even when he's singing about god and thinking he's on the right path, he still has the devil knocking on his door. dababy i think was used to surprise everyone when we actually got the album. the album version of jail has jay z, not dababy, and everyone was disappointed because he put dababy on the song and took off jay but it turned out jay is on it and dababy isn't so

as for the trump shit... he's bipolar. he isn't always right in the head. and that's okay. he gets a pass for that, it's not his fault. kim on the other hand. she went and talked and worked with trump and nobody bats an eye, everyone still licks her ass so... 

Lmao I’m sorry but no. Whatever the reason was, he’s still not someone who you should show support, being bipolar is no excuse and backing up a homophobe and an alleged rapist…. Again, I’m sorry but no. Nothing justifies this lmao

Also, afaik, Kim worked w Trump to do some good shit. Like I don’t know the full details but didn’t she help pardon some prisoners, or sumn like that? He was the President at that time, if she wanted to do it, she couldn’t have done it by herself, she had to work w him or else nothing would happen.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

4 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

marilyn manson represented the devil on his doorstep always being around, even when he's singing about god and thinking he's on the right path, he still has the devil knocking on his door.

Nice idea, but still not a reason to work with someone who has been accused by more than a dozen (!) women of sexual or physical abuse.

As for dababy… why give someone homophobic an even bigger platform :lanasrs2:

I like the idea of seperating the art from the artist. But this album is not good enough for that, at least for me.

Yeah again, I’m sorry but no. I’m not a Kardashian fanboy, they have a bunch of flaws, but Kim actually did some good stuff. Yes, she had to work w Trump, but the outcome was good. And she didn’t say she supported him (again, afaik), tbh I actually think she voiced her opinion and stated she didn’t agree w him. You can’t compare Kim working w Trump, to do good shit, w Kanye fully supporting Trump, then supporting someone who said homophobic shit (and said that stuff abt HIV+ ppl) while also supporting an alleged rapist (which is almost pretty much confirmed to be real).

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Also what was the point in having Ariana in Donda? You can barely hear the three words she sings and it‘s not even a song, but more a monologue of his mother praising him :yawn:

And did he sample Jenny from the Block for Heaven and Hell?

The Kanye West thread is in the “Music” subcategory, not the “Politics” one. 

Didn’t Lady Gaga also worship Marilyn Manson? Didn’t Al Gore also meet with Donald Trump and praise him for “being openminded”? People are always going to be problematic—and if you throw in someone with bipolar disorder who refuses to take his medication into the limelight, they might not always make the “right” choices. 

But Kanye remains one of the most talented musicians of our lifetimes—from both a lyrical and musical standpoint. And that’s what his legacy is/will be. 

Also, if you do want to talk politics: how about the fact that he never even voted from Trump, publicly came out against him, and even ran against him in 2020…or that he offered COVID vaccinations at his Donda Listening Event, which I have yet to see anyone else offer at their concerts or events? 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

I don’t really like his type of music personally I like a few songs, I definitely don’t regard his music as something spectacular or ‘genius’  like some of you here, he’s no Beethoven or Genesis, MJ. But no I’d not even put him in the top 50 greatest musicians of all time.   Narcissism is something I find people absorb and get fooled by like Trump, Kanye is very much the same.     He needs psychiatric help he isn’t stable and people keep egging him on and supporting his antics.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

The Kanye West thread is in the “Music” subcategory, not the “Politics” one. 

Please, we‘re talking about the artists that are on that record :wtf3:

Al Gore also critized Trump on multiple occasions, what‘s even your point in picking one sentence. And no, people are not always going to be problematic. And just because someone is or was a genius and has an amazing legacy doesn‘t mean that you have to ignore everything he does.

Anyway have you see Taylor praising Halsey so everybody streams her instead of Kanye :thumb2:

you start to notice hollywood is a wicked misogynistic place when this madman still has relevance and is called a genius writing thsee lazy ass gospel disguised profanities and babbling shit but Ms. Britney s. has a legacy on pop music and is famous for being 'crazy' and in need of a conservatorship

3 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

no i'd rather stream good music but that's okay 

i have to laugh:pls: 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

it's been years after his retirement  but Watch the Throne being his last project ever is nothing but short of extraordinary wow. Imagine what good music he would put out in the 2010s

56 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

The album is 68 songs of meh. What an underwhelming project.

ill be honest i almost never seen you say anything positive about music here

41 minutes ago, tt1pdvinyl said:

ill be honest i almost never seen you say anything positive about music here

Except for my positive posts  in the Sevdaliza thread, the FKA thread, the Britney thread, the Banks thread, the Doja Cat thread, the Rosalia thread, the Abra thread, the Ariana thread, the Sophie thread, the Billie thread, the Grimes thread, the Hana thread, the Lil Nas thread, the Bjork thread and about 5000 Lana threads for the last 9 years of being on this forum.

If you’re going take such notice of everything i’m saying maybe actually read what i’m posting in more than just 3 threads of the entire forum.

Just now, Coney Island King said:

Except for my positive posts  in the Sevdaliza thread, the FKA thread, the Britney thread, the Banks thread, the Doja Cat thread, the Rosalia thread, the Abra thread, the Ariana thread, the Sophie thread, the Billie thread, the Grimes thread, the Hana thread, the Lil Nas thread, the Bjork thread and about 5000 Lana threads for the last i’ve been involved in over 9 years of being on this forum.

If you’re going take such notice of everything i’m saying maybe actually read what i’m posting in more than just 3 threads of the entire forum.

i actually constantly check the Billie thread guess i just forgot im actually sorry about that