sweetlana

Lana Del Rey Interviewed By Electronics Beats Magazine

Man, not even one question about the electronic beats in her music! What's up with THAT?  :squidward:

This thread is starting to move away from the topic of the interview and all of the interesting subtopics of discussion that sprang from it, and more toward petty personal stuff. So, here's a picture of a baby pig in red rain boots:

001965100.jpg

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

ok i'm going to like drop everything now, i'm sorry for being a bit of a shit, i hope i've not made anybody too mad  :runs:

Me too. (Also, I can't find the appropriate hip hop head to use in this situation so I'm really sad) :(

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Man, not even one question about the electronic beats in her music! What's up with THAT?  :squidward:

This thread is starting to move away from the topic of the interview and all of the interesting subtopics of discussion that sprang from it, and more toward petty personal stuff. So, here's a picture of a baby pig in red rain boots:

001965100.jpg

this picture makes me so happy. 

Me too. (Also, I can't find the appropriate hip hop head to use in this situation so I'm really sad) :(

ok, so no one has any hard feelings with each other?  :hdu:

13378618.jpg

4r9w86.jpg

ok, so no one has any hard feelings with each other?  :hdu:

Nope! uSDiTZS.png

(Found the appropriate head :D)!

Yo dawg, i heard you like appropriate hip hop heads so i put all the appropriate hip hop heads in your butt so you couldn't find them and then get really sad about how you couldn't find the appropriate hip hop head. 

Yo dawg, i heard you like appropriate hip hop heads so i put all the appropriate hip hop heads in your butt so you couldn't find them and then get really sad about how you couldn't find the appropriate hip hop head. 

VZjqvql.png

I suspect this was a clever ruse to see what hip hop head I would reply with and for this, I side-eye you. N9FY2xd.png 

I really want to find or make one of 50 smiling because he has the most adorable smile. :3 50-green5smile.jpg

MXbcZU4.jpg

50-cent-7.jpg

VZjqvql.png

I suspect this was a clever ruse to see what hip hop head I would reply with and for this, I side-eye you. N9FY2xd.png 

I really want to find or make one of 50 smiling because he has the most adorable smile. :3 50-green5smile.jpg

MXbcZU4.jpg

50-cent-7.jpg

I love 50 Cent. He is so funny and sweet and charismatic. His interviews with Chelsea Handler are the best. And, you know, i hate his music! See what i was saying earlier! 

Maru, what's up with those faces lately... :toofunny:

They amuse me to no end. Don't mind me! bq5n46c.png

I think most of you weren't responding to me on the topic of being a critical fan versus being a hugely supportive fan in the last few pages but I appreciate the insight on the difference between the two (@@Monicker @@TrailerParkDarling @@maru @@evilentity @). Recall I thought this thread was getting a little heavy on the denouncing but in actuality it's just really heavily concentrated, warranted criticism. Just...very heavily concentrated :P I'm facing a difficult paradox as someone who is particularly attached to Lana Del Rey as a person because I'm mostly in agreement with the naysayers but still holding myself back from obligatory defense...

Halp bq5n46c.png

(Sorry to jump back into the discussion a little late, but here it goes anyway...)

I must say, this has been a really interesting thread, with a lot of insightful and intelligent comments from both "sides". It's a shame it had to blow out of proportion a bit, because I don't think our opinions and feelings for Lana differ THAT much really. As someone said, we all like her enough to spend a lot of time on a forum dedicated to her, so it's not like anyone of us is here to hate on her or something like that.

I want to start by elaborating my first comment a bit. It might have given the impression that I see Lana as some untouchable goddess, whose flaws only add to the perfection, but that's absolutely not the case. What I was trying to say is that I can accept her flaws, and even be fascinated by them rather than upset with them, since I consider her to be an essentially nice person in addition to being a great artist.

And here's where I've been having a slight problem understanding the somewhat aggressive tone in some peoples comments. From my point of view, it has felt a bit overly-judgemental. I mean, haven't we all under nervous, stressful conditions acted weird and afterwards wondered what the hell we actually said? And considering the fact that none of us (?) has been subjected to such a stressful and overwhelming situation as Lana, isn't it fair to demand a little less from her than we do from ourselves in our safe, private environments? Especially since she seems like a very sensitive, emotional and socially nervous person.

I want to be clear on this - I 100% agree that she does come off as a bit arrogant and pretentious in some of her answers in this interview, and it's totally ok and even justifiable to criticize her for that. However, considering everything I've written in this never-ending post and the fact that none of us have heard or seen in what manner she gave these answers, I think the most reasonable way to look at this interview is with less judging and more forgiving eyes.

I don't think Lana ever actually graduated. I mean, the fact that she consistently flubs and gives nonanswers when talking about philosophy/metaphysics (remember that interview when she was explicitly asked about metaphysics and couldn't give a legitimate answer?), the "mathematically proving reality of God" answer was horribly ignorant, and she CONSISTENTLY says that she went to school to study metaphysics... red flags galore. She claimed she graduated via correspondence which I highly doubt (i have a hard time believing she got all her professors to give her preferential treatment given the notoriously strict protocol of academic institutions)... I do however think that her interest in philosophy is genuine. It's hard to excuse all this because she's incredibly articulate otherwise...

YES

The entire thing annoys me because I have the utmost respect for academia and lying about academic credentials is in my eyes, a really shitty thing to do. I think I'm the only one that's bothered by it on the forum :P

No you are not the only one. Annoys me as hell. Why lie about academic acomplishments? Taking credit for things you didn't achieve is pretty shitty. Not only her academia lies bugs but also her "charity work" dos and does. But that is a whole another subject.

I think that while we try to "rationalize" the behaviour in this interview with "personality disorders", an inability to take criticism/adjust to fame properly,  she's human and just had an "off" day, etc, none of those rationalizations excuse her shitty attitude. They may explain, but they don't excuse it. 

Yes. And since being different is normal she is not off the hook for all the BS she says.

glgcDdT.gif

Two points:

1. I agree that we could do without some of the personal snark, but I strongly disagree that spiritedly debating a polarizing topic somehow "destroys" a thread. Isn't that what a discussion forum is for? Personally I think this has been one of the most interesting Lana-related discussions here in awhile.

2. There have been several comments in this thread insinuating that people should stop expressing their opinions, which I don't think is appropriate. Again, isn't that the point of a discussion forum? (Ha, maybe that's contradictory-- asking people to stop expressing their opinion that others should stop expressing their opinion-- but so be it.)

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I love 50 Cent. He is so funny and sweet and charismatic. His interviews with Chelsea Handler are the best. And, you know, i hate his music! See what i was saying earlier! 

50 Cent appreciation thread, do it up N9FY2xd.png

I don't think there's a big difference between the other interviews and this one...i mean, she always says that her father is not a millionaire, she graduated from metaphysics, etc. & she always contradicts herself.

And i don't think her ego has grown, she only said that she never met someone who was so passionate about music as her and Barrie, she didn't say that they are the best musicians ever. 

She seems a little bit arrogant in this interview, maybe she wanted to seem confident bc her shyness makes her 'attackable' by the press

Do you have snoop dogg / lion in your library of heads

What a fabulous question. I think this is my favorite question ever asked on this forum. 

Do you...

have...

Snoop Dogg/Lion...

in your library...

of heads...

?

I want to go up to people on the street and pull them aside and ask them that. Or ask the bagger at the grocery store while s/he is bagging my groceries.

"Is plastic okay?"

"Actually, here, i brought my own bag. But i wanted to ask you...Do you have Snoop Dogg slash Lion in your library of heads?"

"I'm sorry?" 

"I'll take a paper bag if it all doesn't fit in my bag, thanks." 

It would also be great to to write it on those flags that planes drag across the sky: DO YOU HAVE SNOOP DOGG/LION IN YOUR LIBRARY OF HEADS? Imagine people sunbathing at a park, lying on their picnic blankets, looking up at the clouds and then seeing a plane fly by with that message. 

What a fabulous question. I think this is my favorite question ever asked on this forum.

Do you...

have...

Snoop Dogg/Lion...

in your library...

of heads...

?

I want to go up to people on the street and pull them aside and ask them that. Or ask the bagger at the grocery store while s/he is bagging my groceries.

"Is plastic okay?"

"Actually, here, i brought my own bag. But i wanted to ask you...Do you have Snoop Dogg slash Lion in your library of heads?"

"I'm sorry?"

"I'll take a paper bag if it all doesn't fit in my bag, thanks."

It would also be great to to write it on those flags that planes drag across the sky: DO YOU HAVE SNOOP DOGG/LION IN YOUR LIBRARY OF HEADS? Imagine people sunbathing at a park, lying on their picnic blankets, looking up at the clouds and then seeing a plane fly by with that message.

A mind as wavering as the ocean

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Tried and convicted by her own fans. :facepalm:

I think I understand why she feels the need to be so defensive and secretive.

I know lol, all this "how dare she be in a bad mood" garbage, who the fuck are all these self rightous fools on this board? Go sit on high horses elsewhere.

Tks in advance x.