Pretend

Kylie Minogue

13 minutes ago, jvcx said:

You're not the only one... I've felt mostly underwhelmed as well. I don't like Magic at all and once I heard Teemu Brunila co-wrote it I was like "ok so that's why" because I freaking hate him. I haven't felt like going back to any of the songs but they're still better than any of the tracks on Golden...

It's hilarious to me that most of the fans hated Kiss Me Once, but it's somehow the last album I genuinely enjoyed (aside from... that one... song). Golden had a few great moments, but overall I don't really return to it. And out of the three Disco songs we've heard so far, I only really love Say Something (especially that extended mix, whewww!), so I'm a bit worried about the album. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

1 hour ago, jvcx said:

once I heard Teemu Brunila co-wrote it I was like "ok so that's why" because I freaking hate him.

Then you're not gonna be pleased to find out he co-wrote three more songs on Disco lmao

Just now, Go Go Dancer said:

Then you're not gonna be pleased to find out he co-wrote three more songs on Disco lmao

Yet I'm somehow not surprised... :crossed:

At Home With Kylie Minogue out tomorrow – featuring acoustic versions of Say Something, Magic, and a cover of Troye Sivan's Cool, plus Troye doing backing vocals on all three songs! The way Little Troyesters WON!

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/at-home-with-kylie-minogue-the-session-single/1536875745

Edit: AHHHHSHHSHJDSJDFLSDKFNSJDF

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

On 10/29/2020 at 11:05 AM, SlowGinFizzzz said:

At Home With Kylie Minogue out tomorrow – featuring acoustic versions of Say Something, Magic, and a cover of Troye Sivan's Cool, plus Troye doing backing vocals on all three songs! The way Little Troyesters WON!

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/at-home-with-kylie-minogue-the-session-single/1536875745

Edit: AHHHHSHHSHJDSJDFLSDKFNSJDF

how did i miss this omggggggg

also not her playing one of the only troye songs i love. kylie just gets IT

Okay Ladies, I'm fresh off the first official listen, totally didn't pay attention to the leaks, and all I have to say is wowowowow and oh my god

This was my initial reaction to most of the songs:

tenor.gif?itemid=8070611

The album is absolutely incredible. Amazing vocals, lyrics, production, instrumentals. So much cool stuff, some call backs to her previous albums like X [especially in the deluxe tracks] and Fever.

The first half is definitely the strongest, the deluxe tracks are also amazing and sweet, especially Fine Wine and Hey Lonely

Overall - the first 5 songs - Magic, Miss A Thing, Real Groove, Monday Blues and Supernova - :legend:perfect after perfect after perfect 

Legend Kylie Did It Again :wub:

9 hours ago, cellophane said:

Okay Ladies, I'm fresh off the first official listen, totally didn't pay attention to the leaks, and all I have to say is wowowowow and oh my god

This was my initial reaction to most of the songs:

tenor.gif?itemid=8070611

The album is absolutely incredible. Amazing vocals, lyrics, production, instrumentals. So much cool stuff, some call backs to her previous albums like X [especially in the deluxe tracks] and Fever.

The first half is definitely the strongest, the deluxe tracks are also amazing and sweet, especially Fine Wine and Hey Lonely

Overall - the first 5 songs - Magic, Miss A Thing, Real Groove, Monday Blues and Supernova - :legend:perfect after perfect after perfect 

Legend Kylie Did It Again :wub:

Agreed with everything you've said! I feel like Disco is even impressive considering that Kylie had a lot more creative control for this project after engineering her work for the first time and writing every song.

Edited by celestica
wanted to italicize the album title

9 hours ago, celestica said:

Agreed with everything you've said! I feel like Disco is even impressive considering that Kylie had a lot more creative control for this project after engineering her work for the first time and writing every song.

Yes! I'm so glad she got to be so involved. It's truly a joy to listen to this album 

i like it! i discovered Kylie via her duet with Jack Savoretti, so i’m sad she’s not gonna keep going down the country route...but it’s a feel good album. Shorter than i realized (i was surprised when it ended), but cohesive and light hearted. I like Monday Blues, Last Chance, Say Something, and Supernova  

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

i'm listening to Kylie's discography because of DISCO. i loved the album and it cheered me up to discover her other projects. i had listened to some Aphrodite songs before and this time i confirmed what i suspected: that album is amazing. alongside with KM 1994. and Impossible Princess (indie kylie). and Light Years. and Fever. she's just amazing. which Kylie album should i listen to next? 

I really enjoyed the album. Thought it was fresh, fun and much better than Golden (perhaps better than Kiss Me Once too... but I love that album).

Magic - 10 :beyonce:
Miss a Thing - 10 :legend:
Real Groove - 10 :bop:
Monday Blues - 3 :biblio:
Supernova - 7 :bop:
Say Something - 10 :worship:
Last Chance - 9 :defeated:
I Love It - 7 :bop:
Where Does the DJ Go? - 5 :awkney:
Dance Floor Darling - 8 :bop:
Unstoppable - 6 :isee:
Celebrate You - 10 :crai:

The lyrics are classic Kylie -- not too deep, but still well-written. The only one that made me kind of cringe was Supernova; the whole album has this space-love, galactic dancefloor theme, btu that one just makes it too obvious. A bunch of references thrown away. Also Monday Blues is just a mess, terribly mixed. I can't believe it's a fan favorite.

16 minutes ago, Dum-Dum said:

what album should i start with if i wanna start where kylie starts becoming kylie? 

1994 or Let’s Get To It?

1994 for sure - that album onwards other than KMO and Golden are pretty much all amazing

FzytWEW.png