Pretend

Kylie Minogue

1 hour ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

One of her absolute best, especially Steve Anderson's X Tour version. God, I miss that Kylie...

Yeah I was watching the DVD and thought exactly the same... need her back :defeated:

23 hours ago, godsmonster said:

Aphrodite is a great album! idk why i slept on Looking For An Angel

also it’s time for her to do something revolutionary because Disco was not it

disco is amazing sis

15 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

shut up **************

no :kiss3:

it’s confide in me, put yourself in my place & dangerous game …and the rest

the bir mixes of where is the feeling show that there’s good songs in there i think the production is just really bad on the other 7 songs :eek:

it’s just difference of opinion though ;) plus it’s kylie and she’s incapable of making a pure dud

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

no :kiss3:

it’s confide in me, put yourself in my place & dangerous game …and the rest

the bir mixes of where is the feeling show that there’s good songs in there i think the production is just really bad on the other 7 songs :eek:

it’s just difference of opinion though ;) plus it’s kylie and she’s incapable of making a pure dud

get a job sweetie because music critiques are not in your future

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Although I'm not very familiar with it since I've only listened once, I think it's a real shame Kylie was so traumatized/affected by Impossible Princess and the press received at the time, because you can see that she was headed into a more artistic direction throughout the 90s. Confide In Me is such an interesting song, and you could clearly see what direction she was venturing into: away from dance/pop music (i think?). While it's not my cup of tea (from what I remember), the album is very unique, and shows a side of her that I wish we saw more of. Impossible Princess was the true ARTPOP: an album that wasn't given a chance, and therefore severely impacted the artist. I can't speak if the album was ahead of it's time or not, but I CAN say that the Junior Vasquez remix of Too Far is the best remix of a song ever made

yeah kylie is fun and successful as a dance pop disco queen, but we lost access to her deeper, more creatively artistry way too soon, and it's a shame she'll never attempt an album like that again. the british media really is nasty as fuck

negAbhB.png

1 minute ago, godsmonster said:

Although I'm not very familiar with it since I've only listened once, I think it's a real shame Kylie was so traumatized/affected by Impossible Princess and the press received at the time, because you can see that she was headed into a more artistic direction throughout the 90s. While it's not my cup of tea (from what I remember), the album is very unique, and shows a side of her that I wish we saw more of. Impossible Princess was the true ARTPOP: an album that wasn't given a chance, and therefore severely impacted the artist. I can't speak if the album was ahead of it's time or not, but I CAN say that the Junior Vasquez remix of Too Far is the best remix of a song ever made

yeah kylie is fun and successful as a dance pop disco queen, but we lost access to her deeper, more creatively artistry way too soon, and it's a shame she'll never attempt an album like that again. the british media really is nasty as fuck

i absolutely agree. impossible princess tbh is her magnum opus alongside body language (although body language for completely different reasons)

plus the ALBUM ARTWORK?

Album Impossible Princess (Special Edition), Kylie Minogue | Qobuz:  download and streaming in high quality

this is one of my favorite album covers ever. the visuals for this album (photo wise) are so stunning, it inspired me to get into photography which ultimately lead to my career choice of graphic design

negAbhB.png

plus the ALBUM ARTWORK?

Album Impossible Princess (Special Edition), Kylie Minogue | Qobuz:  download and streaming in high quality

this is one of my favorite album covers ever. the visuals for this album (photo wise) are so stunning, it inspired me to get into photography which ultimately lead to my career choice of graphic design

i'm literally doing school for photography right now (i'm more known for cover art / graphic things on lb but photography is my main thing and will always be my main thing)

it makes me really happy to see other people want to get into it :trisha:

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

i'm literally doing school for photography right now (i'm more known for cover art / graphic things on lb but photography is my main thing and will always be my main thing)

it makes me really happy to see other people want to get into it :trisha:

YESSSSS i love making album artwork!

honestly in 2018, Dua Lipa, the artwork for Impossible Princess, and ITC Avant Garde Gothic used on Kylie's FEVER were what started my GD & photography interest! I wanted to recreate the IP artwork, so I bought a tactical flashlight and colored tubes to light paint, and even a digital camera, but never ended up doing it:toofunny:

also Kylie, why the FUCK do you not do regular runs of your older albums on vinyl!?!?!?! I missed the Fever LP drop last year because I was sleeping since im in the US and you posted in England time!!! There's one variant on Discogs that has a few for sale under $100 that are mint condition but idk if I trust it

negAbhB.png

There's one variant on Discogs that has a few for sale under $100 that are mint condition but idk if I trust it

if the seller has a 95% or up rating on discogs i'd go for it

i've bought from discogs sellers before and it takes a bit of time to arrive but it's pretty reputable