Pretend

Kylie Minogue

Just now, the ocean said:

if the seller has a 95% or up rating on discogs i'd go for it

i've bought from discogs sellers before and it takes a bit of time to arrive but it's pretty reputable

no i have too but it's been a few years and I was horrified when I checked Discogs for the first time in years a few months ago and saw the prices for vinyl records. people have gone absolutely crazy with markups.

but as for kylie, most of them are listed as russia and idk it's sus

negAbhB.png

Just now, godsmonster said:

no i have too but it's been a few years and I was horrified when I checked Discogs for the first time in years a few months ago and saw the prices for vinyl records. people have gone absolutely crazy with markups.

but as for kylie, most of them are listed as russia and idk it's sus

very unpopular opinion from me but vinyl is kinda overrated imho especially because of the increased demand and the markups for it :wtf2:

also yeahhhh if it's from russia maybe not.... the vinyl itself is probably in good condition but it might be a bootleg

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

very unpopular opinion from me but vinyl is kinda overrated imho especially because of the increased demand and the markups for it :wtf2:

also yeahhhh if it's from russia maybe not.... the vinyl itself is probably in good condition but it might be a bootleg

i completely get that. tbh, for an album like this, if I had KNOWN it was for sale last year, if i bought it, it would be to collect, but not resell. most likely to be unopened, and framed on my wall because i LOOOOVE that kind of decor. it's somewhat unique, and allows you to really show off the album artwork

negAbhB.png

11 hours ago, godsmonster said:

Although I'm not very familiar with it since I've only listened once, I think it's a real shame Kylie was so traumatized/affected by Impossible Princess and the press received at the time, because you can see that she was headed into a more artistic direction throughout the 90s. Confide In Me is such an interesting song, and you could clearly see what direction she was venturing into: away from dance/pop music (i think?). While it's not my cup of tea (from what I remember), the album is very unique, and shows a side of her that I wish we saw more of. Impossible Princess was the true ARTPOP: an album that wasn't given a chance, and therefore severely impacted the artist. I can't speak if the album was ahead of it's time or not, but I CAN say that the Junior Vasquez remix of Too Far is the best remix of a song ever made

yeah kylie is fun and successful as a dance pop disco queen, but we lost access to her deeper, more creatively artistry way too soon, and it's a shame she'll never attempt an album like that again. the british media really is nasty as fuck

yes yes yes. kylie really a true queen all around. she does not get enough credit tbh! 

17 hours ago, godsmonster said:

Although I'm not very familiar with it since I've only listened once, I think it's a real shame Kylie was so traumatized/affected by Impossible Princess and the press received at the time, because you can see that she was headed into a more artistic direction throughout the 90s. Confide In Me is such an interesting song, and you could clearly see what direction she was venturing into: away from dance/pop music (i think?). While it's not my cup of tea (from what I remember), the album is very unique, and shows a side of her that I wish we saw more of. Impossible Princess was the true ARTPOP: an album that wasn't given a chance, and therefore severely impacted the artist. I can't speak if the album was ahead of it's time or not, but I CAN say that the Junior Vasquez remix of Too Far is the best remix of a song ever made

yeah kylie is fun and successful as a dance pop disco queen, but we lost access to her deeper, more creatively artistry way too soon, and it's a shame she'll never attempt an album like that again. the british media really is nasty as fuck

Agreed. The last time she was somewhat experimental was around 2013/2014, but most of those songs didn't even end up on the album. But if you're interested, check out the Sleepwalker and Kylie + Garibay EPs! 

17 hours ago, the ocean said:

i absolutely agree. impossible princess tbh is her magnum opus alongside body language (although body language for completely different reasons)

But NOW we've said it! :oprah3:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

3 hours ago, the ocean said:

there's not a single dud on body language and y'all aren't ready to hear that

yes even i feel for you and after dark :true:

Period. And why would you even mention After Dark, it's such a sensual and elegant song! 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

body language has some of the best songs of her career (chocolate, slow, red blooded woman) but the album tracks just seem like filler to me idk

5 minutes ago, bff said:

body language has some of the best songs of her career (chocolate, slow, red blooded woman) but the album tracks just seem like filler to me idk

i think still standing, secret, obsession and loving days deserve to stand beside some of her classics

sweet music, i feel for you and after dark are kinda fillery but i like them they're cute

and someday is there it's fine nobody's perfect

34 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i think still standing, secret, obsession and loving days deserve to stand beside some of her classics

sweet music, i feel for you and after dark are kinda fillery but i like them they're cute

i’ll have to relisten!

2 hours ago, the ocean said:

Sweet Music is a BOP! Honestly so well written with the entire song being a sexual innuendo, which i didn’t even pick up on until a few listens. I thought it was just about making music

plus that bass in the intro? heavenly:true:

negAbhB.png

6 hours ago, godsmonster said:

Sweet Music is a BOP! Honestly so well written with the entire song being a sexual innuendo, which i didn’t even pick up on until a few listens. I thought it was just about making music

Sweet music one of my faves yup yup 

7 hours ago, godsmonster said:

wait :eartha2:

now i feel oblivious :toofloppy:

unpopular opinion but the original boombox is better than the la riots remix

also on the up might be my favorite kylie song :bebe:

also the chemical brothers remix of slow is better than the original version (and the original version is already one of the best songs ever made)