Pretend

Kylie Minogue

I know, I'm a bad fan for asking this, but in my defence, I'm still more or less in the process of discovering her pre-Fever stuff. Is Impossible Princess really the only album on which she (co-)wrote every song? It just seems so weird to me how she went from writing a whole album by herself to having most of her songs written for her by other people. :toofunny:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I know, I'm a bad fan for asking this, but in my defence, I'm still more or less in the process of discovering her pre-Fever stuff. Is Impossible Princess really the only album on which she (co-)wrote every song? It just seems so weird to me how she went from writing a whole album by herself to having most of her songs written for her by other people. :toofunny:

Yes it is. She received a LOT of backlash for the album, which really stung her. She was seen as being a joke, a fake, someone desperately trying to seem credible when she was "just a singing budgie". The album was also a massive flop outside of Australia, which hurt her even more. It meant that she found it hard to release any solo/co-written songs after that. It's only within the last couple of years that she's made peace with the album and been able to be more confident in her songwriting abilities. Each album since Kylie Minogue 94 has had an album's worth of material penned by Kylie, but the large majority of it hasn't been released.

If you have any other questions, I am a Kylie encyclopaedia hehe :)

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Yes it is. She received a LOT of backlash for the album, which really stung her. She was seen as being a joke, a fake, someone desperately trying to seem credible when she was "just a singing budgie". The album was also a massive flop outside of Australia, which hurt her even more. It meant that she found it hard to release any solo/co-written songs after that. It's only within the last couple of years that she's made peace with the album and been able to be more confident in her songwriting abilities. Each album since Kylie Minogue 94 has had an album's worth of material penned by Kylie, but the large majority of it hasn't been released.

If you have any other questions, I am a Kylie encyclopaedia hehe :)

Wow, that's crazy! As much as I love her typical pop/dance songs, I've been listening to Impossible Princess a lot recently and I think it might actually be her best album, it just seems much deeper and more authentic than her other records. It's such a shame its brilliance wasn't recognized back then. I'm so in love with Too Far, Cowboy Style, Breathe, Drunk, Limbo (I was so shocked when I listened to it for the first time, I wasn't expecting a rock song), Dreams (:worship:) and Love Takes Over Me. I actually just ordered the CD because I want that 3D cover LMAO.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Wow, that's crazy! As much as I love her typical pop/dance songs, I've been listening to Impossible Princess a lot recently and I think it might actually be her best album, it just seems much deeper and more authentic than her other records. It's such a shame its brilliance wasn't recognized back then. I'm so in love with Too Far, Cowboy Style, Breathe, Drunk, Limbo (I was so shocked when I listened to it for the first time, I wasn't expecting a rock song), Dreams (:worship:) and Love Takes Over Me. I actually just ordered the CD because I want that 3D cover LMAO.

It's an INCREDIBLE album! It's very raw, personal, and dark, I can't believe she went from singing something as bubbly as Step Back in Time to something as self-loathing as Did It Again. A true masterpiece.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Okay I'm officially obsessed with Impossible Princess. Today I spent hours looking at the amazing photos from that era and listening to the album and I ended up making individual covers for every song. They're nothing special as I like to keep things simple, plus most of the photos I found were not exactly HQ (it kinda fits, though), but I thought I'd share them anyway haha.

DJJHmFSXkAE0ySO.jpg

DJJHnpoXUAEnYBn.jpg

DJJHrW1WsAAEvby.jpg

DJJHscUXgAE2BIw.jpg

DJJHz3zXYAQfZS9.jpg

DJJH10EXYAIyZoV.jpg

DJJI1QNXYAEF3Tv.jpg

DJJI1QNXcAAELbt.jpg

DJJI-LIWsAEEEnA.jpg

DJJJASeW0AEfszc.jpg

DJJJC9bXoAESZsZ.jpg

DJJJExPXUAEvEii.jpg

DJJJKhJWsAEYzLZ.jpg

DJJJMc8XYAAcwD0.jpg

DJJJOLhW0AA9IKm.jpg

DJJJTBrXgAI4XWS.jpg

DJJJTBfXkAA0_cy.jpg

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Omg 20 years of Impossible Princess today...LEGEND ALBUM!

Also new music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XnasRBI4Iw

The song is called Music is Too Sad and features Jack Savoretti. The song plays in the background of a film called Halal Daddy, which is why it's so distorted at parts. It was originally going to be on the soundtrack for the film, but they pulled it because they decided it's too good for a flop soundtrack and would be better suited for Legend Minogue's album new album. 

First single is coming in January, with album to follow "not that long" after.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Whaaaat? I didn't know this! OMG! :excited:

It's not officially announced or anything, but somebody on Popjustice shared this and they seem to be reliable:

It’ll be fascinating to read what people think. Industry response so far is very positive. You’ll be falling in love with it all, I hope.

Also we'll get the album in early March.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

It's not officially announced or anything, but somebody on Popjustice shared this and they seem to be reliable:

It's enough for me to get hyped. + she was in the studio for a while.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro