TIARNZUS

Lana Del Rey Shooting New Short Film, "Tropico"

I love everything I've seen so far, but as much as I love having these pictures now, I kind of wish we didn't get them and weren't even told about the video shoot. Now it will feel like we have to wait forever for it.

Whatever, I can be patient. 

I think the video will be controversial. People already cant bare these photos as I read their comments on tabloids. Like cmon who dont like trashy things and naked bodies ? :defeated:

After Tropico is released, I feel like the GP will start saying "~SELL OUT~", "a poor attempt to be sexy", "done only to be provocative" etc, because there is such a huge disconnect between her relatively constant media image (think when she first started out, Hollywood glam, 50s/60s-inspired, etc) and the images we see of her chola-esque and as a stripper. It's a huge, confusing leap to those that don't own every last one of her leaked songs and don't Lanalyze the shit out of her songs/interviews/music videos. The images, while a bit of a surprise to us, aren't out of the blue because we fans see them as a return to the sort of sordid life she depicts in her unreleased/unacknowledged discography. These looks will appear horribly contrived and to be an overt attempt to "stir up buzz" or whatever to everyone else. ~Remember, she's just a rich girl who's father funded her career and a total industry construct and this too is probably another ploy~. I think what I'm trying to say is that I think there's going to be even more media-backlash than expected.

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Anyone notice that Adidas is endorcing Lana? Those tennis and long socks with a huge visible Adidas are there for good $$ reason. the Adidas photos were the ones on the sites that appear more. Dont think will be as trash as u think. adidas wouldnt risk endorse something that was not in good taste. Waiting with reguard for this short movie looks very interesting.

After Tropico is released, I feel like the GP will start saying "~SELL OUT~", "a poor attempt to be sexy", "done only to be provocative" etc, because there is such a huge disconnect between her relatively constant media image (think when she first started out, Hollywood glam, 50s/60s-inspired, etc) and the images we see of her chola-esque and as a stripper. It's a huge, confusing leap to those that don't own every last one of her leaked songs and don't Lanalyze the shit out of her songs/interviews/music videos. The images, while a bit of a surprise to us, aren't out of the blue because we fans see them as a return to the sort of sordid life she depicts in her unreleased/unacknowledged discography. These looks will appear horribly contrived and to be an overt attempt to "stir up buzz" or whatever to everyone else. ~Remember, she's just a rich girl who's father funded her career and a total industry construct and this too is probably another ploy~. I think what I'm trying to say is that I think there's going to be even more media-backlash than expected.

Im here for ratchet Lana next era.

Lana is based in england. Europeans are used to that. Rita Ora clothes makes Lana look like a Princess. Lilly allen used to perform very drunk. That judge jessie from the voice uses ladies underwear in her shows. Lana is fully clothed if u compare. I didnt know about the rich dad story until i read things in this board. Dont think people know that I heard about the lips and plastics but not the rest. I think will be good if she does something trash but in taste. To me she is ok dont think is aggressive u know? She doesnt gives bad taste just kind of cool. But is just my opinion maybe im wrong.

Oh, this is true.

However, I think anyone who will backlash has already written her off, know what I mean? Or maybe Lana will actually explain herself well for once :smile:

OMG. And Lana slays me once again! This video will be flawless, I just know it. I'm sure it will be as epic as Ride and National Anthem, it will legit be the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life. Like, OMG, I am dying here. I'm crying so hard right now that I actually can't breathe, can't someone please hold me?! To all of you making mean comments about goddess Lana: she's flawless!!! Sure, she's just a wee bit fat and should probably lose a bit of weight and maybe tone her abs - but she's still perfect regardless! (Oh, btw, does anyone else think the whole stripping / go-go dancing thing could represent the loss of innocence? You know, the angel looking to get fucked hard and all that? Makes sense, right?!)

Whatever, I'm rich. :smokes3:

:gclap:

A job well done. Extra points for your use of legit. You should have also included the non-literal use of literally (“I’m literally dying right now watching this flawless video.”) What about the fragment “I can’t even”? And the puzzling, nonsensical use of though, shortened to tho, which doesn’t actually qualify anything. We will know just how flawless this video and Lana are when we come upon “I can’t even tho.” omg but NO wait like she was so beautiful and glamorous and classy and old hollywood in young & beautiful and now she’s a fat stripper omg i just dgi

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein