TIARNZUS

Lana Del Rey Shooting New Short Film, "Tropico"

I'm so excited because hopefully with the video is will become blatantly obvious what Body Electric is really about.

I thought about it so much but I'm not sure...but soon we will know! :bodyisready:

Remember in one of her interviews, someone asked where the name Lana Del Rey came from and she explained that she was speaking a lot of Spanish with her Cuban friends in Miami? Maybe Tropico is the story of her time spent in Miami and Florida, that would explain all the chola stuff...it seems very plausible to me. Even the title of the video is Spanish. 

tumblr_mpkwdx4XV61qc7b23o1_500.gif

Remember in one of her interviews, someone asked where the name Lana Del Rey came from and she explained that she was speaking a lot of Spanish with her Cuban friends in Miami? Maybe Tropico is the story of her time spent in Miami and Florida, that would explain all the chola stuff...it seems very plausible to me. Even the title of the video is Spanish. 

that storys' probably bullshit. she even said in an obscure interview that her managers and lawyers chose the name 

that storys' probably bullshit. she even said in an obscure interview that her managers and lawyers chose the name 

there is a beach near miami called delray beach so

i dont think her managers and lawyers chose the name though, i think she did

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

i dont think her managers and lawyers chose the name though, i think she did

i was a bit sad to read that "Lana Del Rey came from a series of managers and lawyers over the last 5 years who wanted a name that they thought better fit the sound of the music." 

:pft:

ZRBNill.jpg

i was a bit sad to read that "Lana Del Rey came from a series of managers and lawyers over the last 5 years who wanted a name that they thought better fit the sound of the music." 

:wat:  :oprah2:  :oprah:  :airplease:

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

though i do think the name change was definitely pushed by managers, lawyers, etc, i don't think we should jump to the conclusion that ''Lana Del Rey'' was created entirely by somebody other than her. 

VyIsfwC.jpg

yupp thats the one i was talking about 

Yesterday in Athens she said she wasnt so loud because she screamed all week for Tropico! I hope this means she's actually going to sing in it! Maybe my dream of having a different version of BE will happen.

let the light in, it's a cruel world

Anyone who thinks Lana's name/persona was made up by managers has obviously no idea of how the music industry works. Managers, labels, etc are not out here looking to DEVELOP talent (aka create a look, an act, songs, a name etc) for unknown people anymore. It hasn't been that way for years. 

No one developed that for her. She developed all of it and got signed based on the strength of what she'd conceptually developed. 

All those old interviews are shit. Any music blogger can just type up an article and say 

"OH YEAH, WE G0T AN INTRVU WIT LUNA DE RAY HURR 4 U 2 READ. EVERYTHING WE SAY IS TRUE, BELIEVE IT ALL. THANKS" 

-  :troll: 

Maybe she had some indoor shooting we didn't know about.

I think it was Shaund Ross who said something like "After two days of filming..." on his Instagram or something like that

Anyway I don't think just because the filming didn't last long it means the video will simple or mundane. In the Ride video there are a lot of locations and different scenes but she has basically the same hair and make-up throughout the whole video and most scenes are short so I don't think that took a long time to film either.

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

If that were the case they'd be chongas, not cholas  :)

Anyone notice there's a boom mic seen here?

tumblr_mpa4ovAhq51rml5reo5_250.gif tumblr_mpa4ovAhq51rml5reo1_250.gif

So, there's dialogue in this thing :O  

Also, i didn't realize until now that Anthony Mandler is the cinematographer? Did he do the cinematography on Ride and NA too? 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Anyone who thinks Lana's name/persona was made up by managers has obviously no idea of how the music industry works. Managers, labels, etc are not out here looking to DEVELOP talent (aka create a look, an act, songs, a name etc) for unknown people anymore. It hasn't been that way for years. 

No one developed that for her. She developed all of it and got signed based on the strength of what she'd conceptually developed. 

All those old interviews are shit. Any music blogger can just type up an article and say 

"OH YEAH, WE G0T AN INTRVU WIT LUNA DE RAY HURR 4 U 2 READ. EVERYTHING WE SAY IS TRUE, BELIEVE IT ALL. THANKS" 

-  :troll:

Agent, manager, lawyers that belong/work in huge companies/labels. That was not Bens case was it? :troll:  Small companies are always looking for to devolupe a new successful artist.

Anyway I think Lana was already looking for a new look, a new identity in a way. The name is irrelevant if wasn't Lana Del Rey IMO she wouldve created something else anyway. Maybe they created the name but she was already the character if you know what I mean.

glgcDdT.gif

I expect albino jesus, I expect MM and Elvis cheap impersonators, tons of walking around in bras and panties and dancing in poles. Don't disapoint ,me Lana. Let's make it trash magic.

glgcDdT.gif

But David Nichtern said

She wanted to be known as Lana Del Rey pretty early on. That was her name, she cooked that up, I thought it was a little wack. [Laughs.] She was this beautiful young songwriter named Lizzy Grant, it was a cool name. But she wanted to create this thing, Lana Del Rey. We put out the album digitally and at first she wanted it “R-A-Y” and then we did one version of it that way, and then she wanted to change it to “R-E-Y” so that was now the third name we were using to promote that artist.