Wryta Thinkpiece

The Pierces

Another great sister duo that needs a topic. I find it a little difficult to listen to them sometimes, only because so many songs of theirs I have such an emotional connection to, so it can be tough to sit down with certain songs.

But those particular songs are also what I'm going to show you guys. A part of me wants to be more candid and open about one of the songs and my connection to it, but I think the moment to will come at the right time, but here you guys are, happy listening! :kiss:

I know them because of the Pretty Little Liars theme song lol, I'll try listening to their other stuff though, I didn't know it was supposedly so good and emotional. I can't take "Secret" seriously as it's own song though because to me it's just the PLL song.

I am so glad there are other fans because I keep forgetting to update with recent content! I have to admit, while I dig Kings, none of the new stuff has really captured me in the way that their earlier stuff has. I might have to actually sit down and give them a real chance, hopefully the full album will surprise me. That Lorde cover is fucking perfect, though I think I'll always love Kathy's Song and This Charming Man out of most of the covers. Such an underrated sister-duo, especially because now most people just know them from the PLL theme.

IKR

Plus West Coast sounds weirdly very similar to the Pierces too

You know, at first I was gonna disagree, but when I actually think about it, you are quite right; The Pierces set a similar ambience in their music, too, especially with You & I! :agree:

Love love love The Pierces. They just recently made a comeback with a new rendition of their song Secret:

And a completely new single called 'Everything':

They're still killing it, don't sleep on them.

58 minutes ago, yayowen said:

They’re still killing it, don't sleep on them.

I’m so happy they’re making music as a duo again :oprah: I love their solo projects, but their voices together are extra magic. Their recorded live show they did in August(?) was also incredible!! Almost made up for cancelling their reunion show in NYC last year that I was meant to attend lol x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 hours ago, Elle said:

I love their solo projects, but their voices together are extra magic.

omg it's great to know that there are others on here that are fans of them! they truly are too underrated, even if that word is a bit overused. looking forward to what they have in store for us!

P.S on the off chance that anybody sees this and is curious to get into them i would so recommend their song 'It Will Not Be Forgotten' as it gives me a similar vibe to some of Lana's music but more folky :)

2 minutes ago, yayowen said:

omg it's great to know that there are others on here that are fans of them! they truly are too underrated, even if that word is a bit overused. looking forward to what they have in store for us!

P.S on the off chance that anybody sees this and is curious to get into them i would so recommend their song 'It Will Not Be Forgotten' as it gives me a similar vibe to some of Lana's music but more folky :)

They really are!! I've been a fan for so many years and they're probably my 3rd favourite act, behind Lana & Marina.

& to add to recommendations for anyone wishing to check out their music - I would definitely recommend Three Wishes, The Last Samaritan, I Put Your Records On, The One I Want, and Turn on Billie for Lana fans :) Monsters is also another personal favourite of mine x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

20 minutes ago, Elle said:

They really are!! I've been a fan for so many years and they're probably my 3rd favourite act, behind Lana & Marina.

& to add to recommendations for anyone wishing to check out their music - I would definitely recommend Three Wishes, The Last Samaritan, I Put Your Records On, The One I Want, and Turn on Billie for Lana fans :) Monsters is also another personal favourite of mine x

They're one of my all time favourite acts too! and omg I Put Your Records On is one of my favourite songs ever, their album 'You & I' is a masterpiece. Monsters and The One I Want are also so good & probably my favourites from Creation so i definitely second these choices. More people should get into The Pierces for sure.

13 minutes ago, yayowen said:

They're one of my all time favourite acts too! and omg I Put Your Records On is one of my favourite songs ever, their album 'You & I' is a masterpiece. Monsters and The One I Want are also so good & probably my favourites from Creation so i definitely second these choices. More people should get into The Pierces for sure.

I loveeee that song so much, it makes me cry lol. You & I is probably my favourite album, but they're all soooo good!!

I would say You & I is the Ultraviolence of Pierces albums, Thirteen Tales is Born to Die, and Creation is NFR lol x

I always think about how their voices harmonizing would suit Lana so well.

They're too underrated. Anyone who loves The Pierces has gorgeous taste.

And I'm also glad they're still around. I usually sleep on songs that get redone but this version of Secret is just as good and maybe even my preference. 

I always wish I had discovered them in at least 2014 instead of 2016/17 because their album Creation would have saved me! It is perfect for how I was growing in 2014.