Wryta Thinkpiece

The Pierces

On 10/18/2020 at 11:18 PM, Ultra Violet said:

I always think about how their voices harmonizing would suit Lana so well.

Omg me too, imagine a collab. My dream

On 10/18/2020 at 11:06 PM, Elle said:

You & I is probably my favourite album, but they're all soooo good!!

You & I is also my favourite, i love the folky sound on them. Also love where they've gone more pop (Creation) though so agree with you there

15 minutes ago, yayowen said:

Omg me too, imagine a collab. My dream

I imagine that all the time :legend:i feel like if she knew their music, especially You & I, it would steer her in the right direction, ygm?

But at the same time, they're too pure and untouchable, kinda just sticking to themselves and their own creativity. 

On 10/18/2020 at 6:18 PM, Ultra Violet said:

I always think about how their voices harmonizing would suit Lana so well.

They're too underrated. Anyone who loves The Pierces has gorgeous taste.

And I'm also glad they're still around. I usually sleep on songs that get redone but this version of Secret is just as good and maybe even my preference. 

I always wish I had discovered them in at least 2014 instead of 2016/17 because their album Creation would have saved me! It is perfect for how I was growing in 2014. 

2014 is when I became a true fan (aside from listening to Secret in 2011), I was so lucky to really delve into their music when I did! Creation really defined the latter half of that year for me.

Cat & Lana have very similar vocal styles, esp w her song 'You Belong to Me' from her solo project singles, and Allison's tone is so unique. A blend of all three of their voices on a track would be absolutely heavenly! Cat follows Lana & they both have worked with Dan Heath, so the idea of a track together isn't terribly far fetched x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

18 minutes ago, Elle said:

2014 is when I became a true fan (aside from listening to Secret in 2011), I was so lucky to really delve into their music when I did! Creation really defined the latter half of that year for me.

Cat & Lana have very similar vocal styles, esp w her song 'You Belong to Me' from her solo project singles, and Allison's tone is so unique. A blend of all three of their voices on a track would be absolutely heavenly! Cat follows Lana & they both have worked with Dan Heath, so the idea of a track together isn't terribly far fetched x

Omg I didn't know about that! So cool! I feel like Lana is missing out on connecting with their music if she doesn't already know them!

15 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

i feel like if she knew their music, especially You & I, it would steer her in the right direction, ygm?

Omg same i've literally thought before if i met Lana i should tell her about them or something lol

5 hours ago, Elle said:

they both have worked with Dan Heath, so the idea of a track together isn't terribly far fetched

I didn't know this!! Dan Heath really has all this power to bless the world and hasn't used it yet. We ought to do some witchcraft or something to manifest it. 

Also, speaking of witchcraft, i love Cat's song 'Live Forever' - it totally fits the spooky halloween season for me.

3 hours ago, yayowen said:

Omg same i've literally thought before if i met Lana i should tell her about them or something lol

I didn't know this!! Dan Heath really has all this power to bless the world and hasn't used it yet. We ought to do some witchcraft or something to manifest it. 

Also, speaking of witchcraft, i love Cat's song 'Live Forever' - it totally fits the spooky halloween season for me.

That is her best song imo!!!! I even have it on all my halloween and witchy playlists

2 hours ago, conceptart47 said:

I Put Your Records On puts me in some kind of mood ya’ll 

:crai::rollin::crai::rollin:

I also love the acoustic YouTube video of We Are Stars. I sold my friends on their talents with that video ?

Omg as We are Stars is actually my favourite song by them, I thank you! Because I didn't know this existed! I must look for more :flutter:

1 hour ago, Ultra Violet said:

Omg as We are Stars is actually my favourite song by them, I thank you! Because I didn't know this existed! I must look for more :flutter:

If you liked that acoustic, I highly recommend "The Good Samaritan" from that same session.. seriously one of the best things they've ever done - 

Also, on the note of Lana & The Pierces, a leaker tried to pass a snippet of Cat's solo song "The Gold is in The Dark" as an unleaked Lana song earlier this year, but I blocked the thread bc I knew what it was :toofunny:

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

15 minutes ago, Elle said:

If you liked that acoustic, I highly recommend "The Good Samaritan" from that same session.. seriously one of the best things they've ever done - 

Also, on the note of Lana & The Pierces, a leaker tried to pass a snippet of Cat's solo song "The Gold is in The Dark" as an unleaked Lana song earlier this year, but I blocked the thread bc I knew what it was :toofunny:

Thank you! :illumilana2:

And omg that's hilarious, what part of the song? Well if it got Cat a few more fans then it's worth it :oic2:

7 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Thank you! :illumilana2:

And omg that's hilarious, what part of the song? Well if it got Cat a few more fans then it's worth it :oic2:

The second pre-chorus (2:44 - 3:00) 

It was a LQ sounding snippet and honestly it sounded pretty believable for those not familiar with the song. They had called it "Intoxication" lol -