Guest Maru the Cat

What's Your Favourite Song Off Ldr Aka Lg?

185 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite song off LDR aka LG?

• Kill Kill
    • Queen of the Gas Station
    • Oh Say Can You See
    • Gramma
    • For K Part 2
    • Jump
    • Mermaid Motel
    • Raise Me Up
    • Pawn Shop Blues
    • Brite Lites
    • Put Me In a Movie
    • Smarty
    • Yayo

I don't get the love for Put Me In Movie, it's way repetitive.

Mermaid Motel is mine because I like the synths and vocals and instrumental and basically everything

BzhmW.png

For K Part 2. It's nice to have a song by Lana that is just 'I love you' without all the drama e.g. 'I love you but you're a druggie' 'I love you but you don't love me'. Such a sweet song.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Guest Dot

It would be too hard to pick my fav but my top five are probably:

For K, Part 2 / Put Me in a Movie / Pawn Shop Blues / Jump / Queen of the Gas Station

Yayo used to be one of my favourites, but I'm kinda over it now.

Even though the topic asks for one favorite, I have to state my two favorites. The first is "Jump." I love and get such a good ki from the line "Hair thin and in the wind." It is so carefree. The delivery of her vocal on the track perfectly fits with the song's concept. I love drug-influenced Lana. My second favorite is "Pawn Shop Blues." :defeated:  @ the vocal trilling of the line "Waa-eell, I pawned the earrings that you gave me, go-oold, and made of flowers dangling, and I alll-m-ooo-st cried as I sold them all." The pain in her vocal delivery is tangible yet delicate.

Though I adore the ballads (Oh Say Can You See, Yayo, Pawn Shop Blues) I ended up voting for Mermaid Motel. That song is unreal, like what genre is it even?

I gotta give credit to the producer. How in the world did he get the idea to use that corny 90's dance hit sound over a slowed down burlesque beat? That is musical innovation right there!

And don't even get me started on Lanas vocals and harmonies.

It's really one of those songs that when you try to describe it in writing it sounds horribly strained but listening to it it totally works. 

Though I adore the ballads (Oh Say Can You See, Yayo, Pawn Shop Blues) I ended up voting for Mermaid Motel. That song is unreal, like what genre is it even?

I gotta give credit to the producer. How in the world did he get the idea to use that corny 90's dance hit sound over a slowed down burlesque beat? That is musical innovation right there!

And don't even get me started on Lanas vocals and harmonies.

It's really one of those songs that when you try to describe it in writing it sounds horribly strained but listening to it it totally works.

agreed! Mermaid Motel is genius and it's probably my favorite song ever!!!!

I AM MY ONLY GOD