Deleted User

London Grammar

This album is, in fact, superb. Everyone Else, Non Believer, Oh Woman Oh Man, and Wild Eyed ended me.

It's an AMAZING album. I'm so fucking glad they came back with it. THIS is a good comeback. THIS is how you deliver a second album. It's something most artists of these last 10 years are kind of failing at... I love this album

New single is coming on Wednesday! They were supposed to be performing last month so I assume it would've been leading up to a promo for an album - maybe a September release?

Baby It's You  

Also new promo shots posted on Twitter of them lookin' like snaccs

EfoaRbmWoAIHDCi?format=jpg&name=large

3lfQEhw.png

I listened to their first record quite a bit, and then the second one didn’t do much for me so eventually I just kinda forgot about them. Funny enough, I randomly got to thinking the other day about how they haven’t released music in what feels like forever! I’m interested in hearing the new song. 

26 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

I listened to their first record quite a bit, and then the second one didn’t do much for me so eventually I just kinda forgot about them. Funny enough, I randomly got to thinking the other day about how they haven’t released music in what feels like forever! I’m interested in hearing the new song. 

I'm the opposite way around, I love Paul Epworth's epic production, plus the lush big string sections. I don't think they'll revisit that sound though - it was like a mature step forward that didn't quite seem to make the buzz for them that it did for other artists. Impossible to say from their silence but I think this new albums going to be full of pop sounds and more electronic instruments (particularly if Let Me Know is on it, and if that tiny clip of Baby It's You is to go from!).

Alexa stream WIDE EYED (which I don't think they've ever sung live . . . which is okay, I think they might not be able to pull it off !)

3lfQEhw.png

It's me again for my THIRD post in a row! 

The band announced that their new record will be called Californian Soil. The title track and next single will premiere in 2 hours! 

NME have published a great article with some comments from Hannah here:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/london-grammar-confirm-new-single-and-album-title-californian-soil-2765888

Also, they did a cute cover of Blinding Lights 

3lfQEhw.png

I always had them on my radar but never really dipped into their music. That changed early this year when I noticed they were promoting a new album. Since it was postponed twice by now, I had time to really suck up their back catalogue a bit.

I really adore "If You Wait". The balance between dreamy moments like "Interlude" and epic, dramatic pieces like "Wasting My Young Years"  is soooo perfect. It's incredible how coherent the album is, although the soundscape includes some pretty diverse elements, like the guitar-driven sound of "Flickers" or the trip-hop beats on "Stay Awake".
My favourite track is "Nightcall", I totally love how this songs flows and evovles.

"Truth is a beautiful Thing" is very well-crafted aswell, however I feel like I can't listen to it too aften. It has so much .... gravity. Songs like "Rooting For You" almost feel like an aria.

And now I'm super excited for "Californian Soil", which seems to be the opposite of TIABT - much more pop-ish and easily accessible. I'm really into the  layed back atmosphere of the title track and "Lose Your Head" is such a catchy tune. I love the way it kind of switches around between a playful and a very melodramatic vibe.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

This shit finally comes out on Friday; get excited

At first I felt like they should've done more with America's production but now I've decided I like it just the way it is

On 3/17/2021 at 4:12 AM, Thunder Corpse said:

Since it was postponed twice by now,

Yes who does that remind you of

:oic2:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

10 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Yes who does that remind you of

:oic2:

I WISH Lona would handle postponing like this though - instant communication about delays with specific dates, a pre-order, official tracklist and cover, music videos, singles, performances ...

It's pretty good, not sure whether I think it's an improvement compared to their previous two albums though. They actually make the pop-ish production work without sounding washed down, but I feel like most songs on TIABT and IYW were crafted with much more cleverness. The ballads of CS don't have the gravity of the predecessors and the more upbeat songs are all very straightforward.

But enough of the criticism - the overall vibe of the album is really nice, I like how it always skips between a light and a dark atmosphere, never really dipping it's toes in either. In that way, the album cover is extremely fitting.

I love how catchy and breezy "Lose Your Head" is. The title track is such a mood, I love how they kind of incorporate a lot of the common alt-pop sounds and yet make it sound unique and kind of desert-ish. "America" is the best ballad on the album in my opinion and I still hear a bit of Lana on it.

My favourite non-single-track is probably "I Need The Night". It has the grandeur of songs like "Leave The War With Me" and perfectly picks up the sonic sphere of the title track (which I wish more of the songs would do). Apart from that I really fancy the angry energy of "Lord It's A Feeling".

The only track I dislike is the intro. It's not really doing anything for the album, it's not creating a mood or suspense or whatever and I think that it sounds pretty goofy aswell.

So in conclusion I think that this album - like all London Grammar albums - will be a grower. I could see myself really feeling it in the future, but right now I don't think that it has the potential the first two records have. still going to replay the shit out of it though