Real Deal

BANKS

you must have been born reciting the most poetic ride or die death wish.

this line always reminded me of "i love you" cause it is like everyone borns knowing these 3 words and when you tell them to someone, you become their ride or dies. and she makes fun of it by saying it is the most poetic wish but it is something that everyone knows and it is actually nothing special. just wanted to share my thoughts on this one 

happy 1st bday to III

III is a very solid album. Not as strong as The Altar, but great nevertheless. Gimme remains THAT bop. The only things that somewhat bother me are Sawzall (I just don't... get it) and the fact that the album ends with two consecutive stripped back ballads.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

the way i just listening to The Fall and i always thought she meant fall, like the season. but i think she meant like a metaphorical fall like falling down. anyways i’m dumb and she’s a lyricist

well, the opposite thing happened to me, for 5-6 months i thought it was metaphorical falling but then i thought it is the season because it's a song about her college days or something like that because "the 9-0" in lyrics "I get it, you miss doing things at the 9-0" is the bar she used to go in her college days. so i thought that the semester starts in fall, she sees that person and gets angry and the song comes into the life. idk it's just my interruption skdjskjdskjd we stan a lyricist 

Meditation Song reminds me of how Lana likes to (almost) freestyle on stage, just switching around lyrics and elaborationg, which sometimes works but other times sounds tacky. But I really think Meditation Song is one of BANKS most beautiful songs and wish it was on an album or at least on Spotify as a single.

She's sitting on (about) 2 or 3 albums full of unreleased songs, ugh.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

So... yesterday BANKS uploaded a few behind the scenes from the movie she made during The Altar era, she even shared a video of a young girls choir practicing for the performance they did along with BANKS for Mother Earth as shown in the movie. 

She mentioned that she didn't release it because the perfectionist in her said it wasn't good enough, but now she believes is good enough and that she must let her art be free to be enjoyed.

Sadly today the post is gone at instagram. I wonder if she took back what she claimed, me along with many fans commented that we are eager to watch the movie, but I'm afraid that some of her toxic fans pushed her back to make up her mind with posts like: "then release it."

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde