Real Deal

BANKS

9 hours ago, Nightmare said:

i think it’s not her best song ever, which is kinda meh since it’s a single with a music video but i like the song and i don’t think it’s bad. i love the melodies and the lyrics, i love the vocals aswell. it’s just very short and it doesn’t seem to fit that much with the devil. but i like it… except the trap beat haha

I agree with you, I like the song better than The Devil but none of them is making me feel more super excited about the album. 

So far it has been a let down, but I know the album will have amazing songs that I will love. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I kinda liked Skinnydipped but it's... not my cup of tea I guess. This, however, feels like a grower, opposite to The Devil, honestly. The piano was great, though. I don't like her vocals in the second verse :biblio: I'm beginning to worry about the album :ohno: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

20 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Those songs sound like SZA? Wow never thought about it. 

Maybe Better but not Contaminated 

I guess i just associate banks' strained vocals with sza (specifically i was thinking of 20 something)

but anyway ive already listened to skinnydipped more than the devil, so its doing what it should do

20 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

do insiders have anything about the album ? 

idk i’m kinda nervous because skinnydipped is a mess, she's such a good writer normally. like it's completely thrown me off. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so about skinnydipped. I was keen at first but I haven't relistened more than 3 times.

Hopefully skinnydipped is just another "Look What You're Doing To Me" situation and the rest of the album is killer. 

So far this album has been a let down, I hope the upcoming songs are better 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Still no news… she’s sick

you know all those Twitter memes about like “you don’t get to decide when you move onto the next stage of your life, it’s when Lorde drops an album”, this is literally me but with Banks. The Altar and III releases both coincided with big turning-point moments in my life

I really hope we get an announcement soon, I need a new Banks album in my life to heal me :air:

7 hours ago, ConstableReggie said:

Still no news… she’s sick

you know all those Twitter memes about like “you don’t get to decide when you move onto the next stage of your life, it’s when Lorde drops an album”, this is literally me but with Banks. The Altar and III releases both coincided with big turning-point moments in my life

I really hope we get an announcement soon, I need a new Banks album in my life to heal me :air:

Supposedly she will release something before the year ends 

But I highly doubt it. 

On 12/14/2021 at 10:41 AM, EXODUS said:

Supposedly she will release something before the year ends 

But I highly doubt it. 

eh, i could see the week after xmas since she's independent and doesn't have to follow the rules 

BUT i'm concerned about the 'something' more. If it's a painfully short track or visual, i'd rather wait until we finally have an album announcement. 

I have a *different* autoimmune disease so i get her taking her time, sometimes it's impossible to function, i'm just very much an album consumer ( buy physicals always ) and wish she would wait until the project was finished to start dropping things. Like are skinnydipped and the devil droplet singles or on the aforementioned album ?? 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

2 hours ago, Ceremonials said:

eh, i could see the week after xmas since she's independent and doesn't have to follow the rules 

BUT i'm concerned about the 'something' more. If it's a painfully short track or visual, i'd rather wait until we finally have an album announcement. 

I have a *different* autoimmune disease so i get her taking her time, sometimes it's impossible to function, i'm just very much an album consumer ( buy physicals always ) and wish she would wait until the project was finished to start dropping things. Like are skinnydipped and the devil droplet singles or on the aforementioned album ?? 

They feel like droplets 

Last album cycle all the singles felt like leading to something, this time doesn't feel like that 

14 hours ago, Ceremonials said:

12 hours ago, EXODUS said:

They feel like droplets 

Last album cycle all the singles felt like leading to something, this time doesn't feel like that 

Yeah, most likely. Also, in previous album cycles she release the singles more close to each other. This time it was these two in the year, and no album announcement followed them, nor a third single, so I think the era hasn't properly started yet. There's still a chance these two make it to the album as bonus tracks or something.

Album tracklist: 

01. Misunderstood

02. Meteorite

03. Fuck Love

04. Dead End

05. Holding Back

06. The Devil

07. Skinnydipped

08. Burn

09. By The Sea

10. Spirit (featuring male artist)

11. Anything 4 U

12. Unleavable

13. I Still Love You

Might be out February 4th

22 minutes ago, Kurt said:

Album tracklist: 

01. Misunderstood

02. Meteorite

03. Fuck Love

04. Dead End

05. Holding Back

06. The Devil

07. Skinnydipped

08. Burn

09. By The Sea

10. Spirit (featuring male artist)

11. Anything 4 U

12. Unleavable

13. I Still Love You

Might be out February 4th

Wait what? Where did she announce it? Album title? Pre-order? Next single upcoming? Lol so many questions :rip: 

Many of these songs sound very interesting though, Misunderstood, Meteorite, Dead End, Burn, By the Sea, Unleavable and I Still Love You being my favourites :true: 

I'm saving hopes for the singles to sound better within the album than on their own.

8 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Wait what? Where did she announce it? Album title? Pre-order? Next single upcoming? Lol so many questions :rip: 

Many of these songs sound very interesting though, Misunderstood, Meteorite, Dead End, Burn, By the Sea, Unleavable and I Still Love You being my favourites :true: 

I'm saving hopes for the singles to sound better within the album than on their own.

Tracklist was shared by someone very reliable on ATRL. He doesn’t know the release date or album name tho (BlackoutZone shared the tentative date but he isn’t sure)

16 minutes ago, The Ocean said:

haven’t commented in this thread before but been a fan since drowning and these singles have been fairly disappointing but i’m still holding out hope for the album!

Hide contents

stream the altar her best album

I agree, I was disappointed by the two singles but I have still big hopes on this new album as I adore the other three she has released.