Real Deal

BANKS

OMG not me forgetting the album comes this Friday :deadbanana: I literally thought it was being released on the 28th or some shit :eartha: 

I was about to point there's been way too many singles BUT I decided not to listen to the latest two. Holding Back remains my favourite BUT I'm glad Meteorite is being well received! Can't wait to listen in full :angie: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

18 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

For an 11 track album it’s a shame we already have half of it, especially with 2 of the tracks being nearly a year old. Oh well….album Friday.

And it sure sucks that none of her albums have a deluxe edition (Goddess don't count as the deluxe is useless lol)

I hope now, that she is independent, she gets to fucking decide to release a deluxe version of her album. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Good thing is i refrain from listening to anything she drops besides Holding Back & the other 2 2020 singles

So exciting for the album

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, Ceremonials said:

lauren jauregui opening ? damn this era is stale :toofunny: 

maybe hope for the next one 

Not gonna lie, thought the same lol

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On 4/4/2022 at 10:44 AM, the ocean said:

i've managed to not listen to anything since skinnydipping so i'm going to go into it pretty blind :true:

i'm really excited though :angie:

youre probably gonna get the freshest experience lol keep it up

never really been a huge fan of banks before but i'm really loving meteorite

X----into me, into you----X

Kinda sad cuz I really don’t like the album, its just very bland to me with a lot of slow/ballad type songs...

I do like Misunderstood, Fuck Love, Anything 4 U and Unleavable tho

6 hours ago, Chorli Xbox said:

Kinda sad cuz I really don’t like the album, its just very bland to me with a lot of slow/ballad type songs...

I do like Misunderstood, Fuck Love, Anything 4 U and Unleavable tho

ugh what i feared. i hope they'll be a relatable gem in there for me... 

shes been reminding me of that shitty bald man saying " she's not the edgy singer she thinks she is " lately. 

someone new manages to stay at the top of her streaming because of coffee house playlisting, maybe i'm just being delusional in thinking she could be doing so much more 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

23 hours ago, EXODUS said:

And it sure sucks that none of her albums have a deluxe edition (Goddess don't count as the deluxe is useless lol)

I hope now, that she is independent, she gets to fucking decide to release a deluxe version of her album. 

this is SO wrong on so many levels

The album is…..disappointing?

It’s very ballad heavy and lacks a bit of fire. Some of the production is a bit bland too, even on the good tracks. The album feels very uninspired to me, i dunno.

Maybe being in a relationship has made her boring or something….

There’s some good tracks though. 

woah, not her best album for sure but i don't dislike it. actually i'm digging it. birds by the sea completely destroyed me, like i don't even have the words to explain how much it touched me. i fucking love her 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Just finished listening!

I’m a massive Banks fan, like seriously cannot emphasise how much both The Altar and III were the soundtracks to my life when they came out. Both those albums helped me through so much

That being said… this is her most underwhelming album so far imo. First impressions:

Misunderstood - I love it! Starts the album off with a bang in the vein of Till Now. Wish it was a bit longer though

Meteorite - it’s cute, it doesn’t stand out immediately but it’s enjoyable

Fuck Love - Hmm not sure. Not feeling this at the moment, I think it might grow on me

Deadend - really liking this one, sounds like a ballad that would fit on III

Holding Back - hated the high-pitched vocals at first but it’s grown on me over time. She’s a bop!

The Devil - flawless. Don’t get how so many people dislike this song, it’s classic Banks imo

Skinnydipped - another flawless song, has been on repeat since it first dropped

Burn - not my favourite, she has so many stronger ballads than this. It sounds kinda forgettable

Birds by the Sea - it’s okay. It doesn’t really build to anything. Again, feels bland for a Banks ballad

Spirit - very different sound for Banks, almost sounds gospel/church inspired? It’s also like 2 mins long so really more of an interlude. Idk I don’t think it really fits the tone of the album

Anything 4 U - yes!! Love this, I knew from the opening notes this song was gonna slap

Unleavable - great lyrics, great vocal sampling, this might be my favourite non-single track so far. And omg the strings at the end!!! I am a slut for strings in a pop song

I Still Love You - okay this wasn’t my favourite when she dropped it last week, but it sounds so great in the context of the album! Really loving this now, though I wish it was longer

Favourites: Misunderstood, Deadend, The Devil, Skinnydipped, Anything 4 U, Unleavable

56 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

this is SO wrong on so many levels

It is! None of the deluxe tracks are new, as they are tracks from her previous two EPs.