Real Deal

BANKS

she really served at the first track. C'mon now miss Misunderstood.

Now i'm listening to the rest of the album. Sooooo exciting!!!

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

and i drove you crazy says hi

is Under the Table a deluxe track tho? I remember i was so mad that this song wasn't in the standard edition of Goddess years ago.

yes, it's one of my top favourite from Banks.

Edited by Whore of Tropico
Nevermind, it's in the standard lol i always listen to the deluxe edition so i forgot that it's actually the closing track in the standard tracklist.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

9 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

is Under the Table a deluxe track tho? I remember i was so mad that this song wasn't in the standard edition of Goddess years ago.

under the table is GODLY :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

I remember crying the first time hearing it even though i wasnt in any relationship back then when i was still in junior high school.

But some how i still feel connected to the lyrics so much. The melody of the song is also beautifully composed.

Reading the comments so far is frightening me :ohno: 

Good thing, I only listened to The Devil, Skinnydipped and Holding Back (three times at most) long ago, so I'm basically new to this, even though I remember not being much into the first two. However, I also remember not really feeling III at first but then fully enjoying it (not you, Look What You're Doing to Me) so I have the same hopes for this. Serpentina comes out tomorrow in my country so I guess I'll wait :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

7 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Reading the comments so far is frightening me :ohno: 

Good thing, I only listened to The Devil, Skinnydipped and Holding Back (three times at most) long ago, so I'm basically new to this, even though I remember not being much into the first two. However, I also remember not really feeling III at first but then fully enjoying it (not you, Look What You're Doing to Me) so I have the same hopes for this. Serpentina comes out tomorrow in my country so I guess I'll wait :true: 

same gorl same, i wasnt feeling III as much as i felt The Alter in my initial listen

But i remember replaying that damn album for the rest of 2019 (with NFR, Lover, Magdalene ofc) & Hawaiian Mazes, Alaska & Propaganda are my jams.

6 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

this would have been an insane album cover 

the way that she rather use that typical "rebel heart" ripoff close-up instead of THIS.

who have had the "Serpentina" logo? i'm editing my own cover for my iTunes library

Just now, Whore of Tropico said:

the way that she rather use that typical "rebel heart" ripoff close-up  than THIS.

who have had the "Serpentina" logo? i'm editing my own cover for my iTunes library

can you share your cover when you're done please?

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, the ocean said:

can you share your cover when you're done please?

absolutely

6 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

YES IT WOULD, but judging by what's been said about it being too stripped down, it would make me think of a darker, powerful album a la The Altar instead... anyways, it's def a better picture nonetheless :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

47 minutes ago, the ocean said:

and i drove you crazy says hi

You're absolutely right, I really thought that song was already released in a previous EP, in that case the deluxe is not useless at all, that's a great darn track, sadly is the only new track from the 4 bonus tracks. But sure those 4 tracks really deserve a place on that wonderful album.

43 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Under the Table is the closing track of the standard album.

33 minutes ago, the ocean said:

Sure It is!

28 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

oh okay, i thought u meant the deluxe tracks suck:makeup:

Oh no, don't worry haha the deluxe tracks are marvelous <3

7 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

What a killer photo, that would be her best album cover but she chose not to use it.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

These are insanely beautiful, any of them can literally be made into the album artwork

But i couldn't find the UQG of these photos. Anyone has them?

Q&A: Banks On Finding The Melodies And Voice Of Her Superb New Album, ' Serpentina'

BANKS isn't 'Holding Back' on her new single and fourth album, Serpentina -  Music News - triple j

BANKS Announces New Album “Serpentina”, Shares New Song “Holding Back” - pm  studio world wide music news

10 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

YES IT WOULD, but judging by what's been said about it being too stripped down, it would make me think of a darker, powerful album a la The Altar instead... anyways, it's def a better picture nonetheless :true: 

and speaking of The Altar

I still can't get over this shoot 

C8xMi9cUwAAwWeN.jpg

This is by far her WORST album, but still is very enjoyable, and some songs are very classic BANKS gems.

Hopefully it will grow on me more with each listen, I expected worse, and I am pleasantly surprised!

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde