Real Deal

BANKS

This album is such a flop. I wasn't very into Goddess or Altar but III was amazing. 2nd best album after NFR in 2019 for me.
This is probably her coming back to that older sound and I find it boring and uninspired. Meteorite should've been the lead single. Skinnydipped and I Still Love You are nice too. The rest are just there...

1 hour ago, Rocket0212 said:

This album is such a flop. I wasn't very into Goddess or Altar but III was amazing. 2nd best album after NFR in 2019 for me.
This is probably her coming back to that older sound and I find it boring and uninspired. Meteorite should've been the lead single. Skinnydipped and I Still Love You are nice too. The rest are just there...

i feel like the opinion of the album is divided on whether or not you think III was her best body of work. It seems like goddess stans seem to really enjoy this one but it reads too safe for me 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

Alrighty @the ocean & all the girlies who asked for different album artworks yesterday - There ya go :party: I've just made a few on PicsArt by throwing the pieces together. There's so many ways to make a possible artwork for this album because i said it once but imma say it again: the whole photoshoot SERVED "Serpentina" more than the artwork did. :nails:

Alternate #1

Mc9pHps.jpg

Alternate #1 alternate crop #1

RTGYr5A.jpg

Alternate #1 alternate crop #2

4jJl0Cs.jpg

alternate #1 with BANKS logo

MNW6uKj.jpg

Alternate #2

zV7yVQS.jpg

Alternate #2 Alternate crop #1

b3qf6tg.jpg

Alternate #3 (it's giving "Mother Earth" tho)

frMQKN3.jpg

have fun & if you'd like me to do more things with these just @ me lol

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Alrighty @the ocean & all the girlies who asked for different album artworks yesterday. There you go. I've just made a few on PicsArt. There's so many ways to make a possible artwork for this album because i said it once but imma say it again: the whole photoshoot SERVED "Serpentina" more than the artwork did.

:trisha:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Okay okay so I finally listened to the album and... :bebe: 

Spoiler

62/100.

It's not a bad album, but it's pretty mediocre for her. Most of these songs feel very lazy, but the ones I liked are pretty good! Not going to do a track-by-track comment as usual but overall it's not an album I'll be replaying much, sadly. I guess my expectations were too high despite not liking The Devil and Skinnydipped at my initial listen. I tried not to compare Serpentina to previous albums, though I can still hear bits of the style of all three GoddessThe Altar and III in these songs too.

Favourites: Meteorite, Deadend, Skinnydipped, Burn, Unleavable.

Least favourites: Misunderstood, The Devil, Birds By the Sea.

Didn't like/would've scrapped: Fuck Love, Spirit.

Rating for each track:

1. Misunderstood 6/10
  2. Meteorite 9/10
  3. Fuck Love 3/10
  4. Deadend 8/10
  5. Holding Back 7/10
  6. The Devil 4/10
  7. Skinnydipped 8/10
  8. Burn 9/10
  9. Birds By the Sea 4/10
  10. Spirit 2/10
  11. Anything 4 U 4/10
  12. Unleavable 9/10
  13. I Still Love You 6/10

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 hour ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Alrighty @the ocean & all the girlies who asked for different album artworks yesterday - There ya go :party: I've just made a few on PicsArt by throwing the pieces together. There's so many ways to make a possible artwork for this album because i said it once but imma say it again: the whole photoshoot SERVED "Serpentina" more than the artwork did. :nails:

Alternate #1

Mc9pHps.jpg

Alternate #1 alternate crop #1

RTGYr5A.jpg

Alternate #1 alternate crop #2

4jJl0Cs.jpg

alternate #1 with BANKS logo

MNW6uKj.jpg

Alternate #2

zV7yVQS.jpg

Alternate #2 Alternate crop #1

b3qf6tg.jpg

Alternate #3 (it's giving "Mother Earth" tho)

frMQKN3.jpg

They all are so much better and represent the album better than the original

IMPRESSED!

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

5 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

They all are so much better and represent the album better than the original

IMPRESSED!

thank you sweetheart.

but thanks to her amazing photoshoot, i still dont understand why she did not use these.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

III truly is her best album. The most experimental she has ever gotten. Most of the lyrics are truly well written.

The Altar is a perfect middle point between the experimental sound of III and the alternative sound of Goddess.

Meanwhile, Serpentina is a very weird album, because it has many many lows and little highs, and the sound is almost as if she wanted to re-create her past albums but it has very very generic beats. It almost feels very uninspired.

So far, the weakest songs are **** Love and Spirit, god I would be happier without Spirit, it screams filler.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

thank you sweetheart.

but thanks to her amazing photoshoot, i still dont understand why she did not use these.

I guess she really liked the original cover

2 minutes ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

i miss this sound from her :noparty:

magnum opus 

i'm reorganizing my banks stuff and i just wanna make sure i have everything

Spoiler

goddess

the altar

iii

serpentina

goddess remixes

iii (live and stripped)

goddess sessions

- work (feat. lil silva)

- are you that somebody