Real Deal

BANKS

11 hours ago, zombie girl said:

hope… please let this woman try something new. please :defeated: if songs on your most recent album would fit perfectly on the tracklisting of your album from almost a decade ago i think it’s time to explore more sounds and show a little range

i mean, she hasn’t even had any visual or aesthetic changes since the beginning of her career. it’s like she’s releasing the same album over and over again

you're honestly really correct. as much as i love III, it definitely takes an avid listener to pick out the overall sonic and dynamic evolutions from past albums. I believe III was definitely a step in the right direction, but Serpentina however, was just a huge step backwards for me. It felt very Goddess deconstructed, less emotion, less flavor. As for her visuals go, I think over the years she's been given less and less support and less money. She's independent now lets not forget.. Holding Back, one of the true highlights of the album, deserved a killer music video and I truly think if she was on a major label, or an imprint of one, she'd be able to create as many visual pieces as she wants to.  I cringe at the ugly CGI/green screens in The Devil video. She should do more Kate bush style dancing in her videos like in Gimme.

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

What are your favourites from each album?

Mine are:

Goddess - Beggin for Thread, This Is What It Feels Like, Brain

The Altar - Gemini Feed, Weaker Girl, Trainwreck, Mother Earth

III - Contaminated, Godless, Gimme, Hawaiian Mazes

Serpentina - Meteorite, Holding Back, Deadend, The Devil

Goddess - Goddess, Waiting Game, Brain, This is What What It Feels Like (amazing 4 track run IMO)
The Altar - Gemini Feed, Mind Games (dare i say her best ballad?) ,Trainwreck, literally tracks 7-13, too many classics
III - Till Now, Contaminated, Stroke, Hawaiian Mazes, Alaska, If We Were Made of Water
Serpentina - Fuck Love, Holding Back, The Devil, Burn

Goddess - This Is What It Feels Like, Drowning, Brain

The Altar - Poltergeist, Trainwreck, Gemini Feed, 27 Hours

III - Stroke, Gimme, Till Now, Propaganda (the album is a masterpiece in full, honestly)

Serpentina - Meteorite, Burn, Holding Back

20 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

This era died in 1day…

I really want her to move on as quickly as possible and release a new album. 

I would settle down for an outtake compilation. 

But it's more likely that she will release a deluxe, now there's no label to "stop her". 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 hours ago, avenue said:

banks find a sound challenge

homegirl actually has a very distinct sound and has mastered it quite well. the problem is not that she doesn't have her own sound, it's that she seems to be kind of stuck in it

34 minutes ago, AlreadyCoolest said:

homegirl actually has a very distinct sound and has mastered it quite well. the problem is not that she doesn't have her own sound, it's that she seems to be kind of stuck in it

this is true! should’ve clarified that i meant a new sound

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

goddess - Bedroom Walls, You Should Know Where I'm Coming From, Begging for the Thread, Waiting Game, Brain, Change (This album is perfection it was so hard to pick)

the altar - Judas, Haunt, Poltergeist, Lovesick

iii -Till Now, Contaminated, Stroke, Godless, LWYDTM, Hawaiian Mazes, The Fall (another perfect album)

serpentina- Holding Back, Unleavable, Deadend, Skinny Dipped, The Devil

Goddess - brain, waiting game, warm water

The Altar - gemini feed, lovesick, trainwreck

III - contaminated, sawzall, if we were made of water

Serpentina - skinnydipped, holding back, birds by the sea

:lolliney:

III > The Altar > Goddess > Serpentina

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

Goddess - Alibi, Brain, Drowning, Beggin for Thread

The Altar - Gemini Feed, Trainwreck, Haunt, 27 Hours

III - Till Now, Stroke, Sawzall, If We Were Made of Water

Serpentina - Skinnydipped, Unleavable, Meteorite, Deadend

The Altar > III > Goddess >         Serpentina 

On 6/11/2022 at 1:26 PM, sweetener said:

the way she gave us BUDGET this era with the videos but all hype was dead by the time the album actually came out :rip:

She's never been a really big presence unfortunately, all of her albums except Goddess have kind of fizzled out by release.

~*RUB RUB RUBBA RUBBA RUB RUB*~