Real Deal

BANKS

Neon Jungle's Facebook Page Spammed by Angry Banks Fans

Neon%20Jungle%20cover.jpg

After Banks publicly revealed that Neon Jungle had not asked her permission before using her track 'Waiting Game' on their album, her fans have taken to the band's Facebook to inundate their page with criticism.

The track was released by Banks back in 2013, and is set to feature on her forthcoming album Goddess. Since then though, Neon Jungle have released their (very similar) version of the song on their own album, Welcome To The Jungle.

Now, in a show of support, Banks' fans have spammed Neon Jungle's Facebook posts with links to the video, screenshots of her statement, and comments such as, "I hear you guys like to steal music created by actual artists," all of which have made it to the top comment position.

Banks%20Neon%20Jungle%204.jpg

Banks%20Neon%20Jungle%201.jpg
Banks%20Neon%20Jungle%202.jpg

The band, who were put together in 2013 after a series of auditions, are yet to comment on the controversy, but it looks like it's going to be hard to ignore.

tumblr_n1it25unLs1t2mndro3_r1_250.giftumblr_n1it25unLs1t2mndro2_r1_250.gif

The Montreux Jazz Festival website uploaded two videos of her live set

Drowning: http://www.montreuxjazz.com/live-selection-banks-drowning-10-july-2014

Waiting Game: http://www.montreuxjazz.com/live-selection-banks-waiting-game-10-july-2014

I LOVE how the crowd is so peaceful listening to her music, hope the people act like this in her London show in November... Anyone else going?

Fangirling over Lorde since 1996

Update of tracks we haven't heard from Goddess yet:

Alibi

You Should Know Where I'm Coming From

Stick

Fuck Em Only We Know

Someone New

Under the Table

And I Drove You Crazy

I'm most excited for "Alibi" just because it was produced by SOHN and I need a "Waiting Game" 2.0 :excited:

H0bDaqU.gif

Update of tracks we haven't heard from Goddess yet:

Alibi

You Should Know Where I'm Coming From

Stick

Fuck Em Only We Know

Someone New

Under the Table

And I Drove You Crazy

I'm most excited for "Alibi" just because it was produced by SOHN and I need a "Waiting Game" 2.0 :excited:

S O H N is fucking Midas.

Oh my god Someone New and Under the Table really fucked me up I need to lay down :mj3: And ALIBI, GOD. Listened without skipping and it's a really strong piece of work! Smh at not having And I Drove You Crazy though...

I did not expect so many ballads--but they are really good.  Her voice is stunning (so much more than I had already thought).  I wish that Stick was as upbeat as the live version though.  But overall, I love that it's such a varied debut.  

I did not expect so many ballads--but they are really good.  Her voice is stunning (so much more than I had already thought).  I wish that Stick was as upbeat as the live version though.  But overall, I love that it's such a varied debut.  

I think the ballads are some of the strongest from the album. This is a very strong album that most likely won't get the recognition it deserves, sigh.

tumblr_n90y9oYmu41qzj1pro1_500.gif

I think the ballads are some of the strongest from the album. This is a very strong album that most likely won't get the recognition it deserves, sigh.

They are definitely strong!  I just didn't expect them from the singles she had released :) I don't know, I really hope she gets the recognition.  But it makes me sad that she's not getting as much attention as she deserves right now.  She has tremendous talent and she's my favorite voice at the moment.