Real Deal

BANKS

Everything about this album is iconic tbh.

In my opinion:

One of her best moodier songs, Contaminated.

THE sexy bop, Stroke.

The throwback that's not really a throwback to Goddess, Godless.

Her BEST intro, Till Now.

Her most R&B song, Hawaiian Mazes.

Her most "rap-like" song, The Fall.

The beat switch in Sawzall.

That weird ass production on Alaska but sounds sooooooo good.

"If we were made of water, we could swim around it, but I can't no more." 

She killed me.

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

SETLIST

1. Gimme

2. Better

3. Gemini Feed

4. Contaminated

I dislike the Gimme live performance, it seems like it's a really difficult song to perform.

Better, Gemini Feed and Contaminated are 10/10 though in my opinion.

she killed it! love how she did better and contaminated. her voice is so sweet and angelic.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Oh look what I just got! M7dKnkc.jpg

soooooo pretty!!! my local record store is ordering the white vinyl for me and i’m excited to get the call from them that it’s arrived. also not sure if that’s different than the “milky clear” vinyl? i can’t find much information on that one...

H0bDaqU.gif

soooooo pretty!!! my local record store is ordering the white vinyl for me and i’m excited to get the call from them that it’s arrived. also not sure if that’s different than the “milky clear” vinyl? i can’t find much information on that one...

Ohh please post a picture once you get it, I really want to see how it looks! And as far as I know, "milky clear" is just what they're calling the white one lol. The only colour options available are red, white ("milky"), and regular black. :) 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Ohh please post a picture once you get it, I really want to see how it looks! And as far as I know, "milky clear" is just what they're calling the white one lol. The only colour options available are red, white ("milky"), and regular black. :)

Ooh yay, i’m even more excited now. I definitely will post pics!

H0bDaqU.gif

SETLIST

1. Gimme

2. Better

3. Gemini Feed

4. Contaminated

I've listened to this so many times already. 

I love all of them except Gemini Feed tbh. That version of Gimme is great. I just prefer Gemini Feed in all its epicness. Like of it was done on piano like the first 10 seconds of the song.

Been listening to the album non stop since yesterday and I can now confirm that Alaska is the best song from the album, but Stroke has the best lyrics  :defeated:

Also, the sequence Stroke > Godless > Sawzall is probably the best bit of the album, she really threw one punch after another huh??? but they're no match for the HOLY trinity judas > haunt > poltergeist  :teehee:

My least favorites are Contaminated and Hawaiian Mazes  :diva:

After listening to the album a bunch of times it's clear that the main focus of this body of work was the production, the lyrics lack a little bit. If We Were Made Of Water has one of the most beautiful productions on this album   :flutter:  it's heavenly!

I also made an artwork for Stroke and posted on instagram, I hope she sees it  :ohno: http://instagram.com/willianbonon

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

This is my favorite album of 2019 so far. :defeated:

I even prefer this record more than 'The Altar'... I mean, the fucking production, the lyrical content, oh my godness :trisha: Like, I was excited for her new music but not as much as I was for NFR or L+F, and now I cant stop listening to this album. :oprah:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

This is my favorite album of 2019 so far.

I even prefer this record more than 'The Altar'... I mean, the fucking production, the lyrical content, oh my godness

Like, I was excited for her new music but not as much as I was for NFR or L+F, and now I cant stop listening to this album. 

We were all so excited for that one... and then it came out. :eek:

I still think The Altar is by far her best album and as close to perfection as it gets, but III is definitely on the same high level as Goddess. She's fantastic.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

We were all so excited for that one... and then it came out. :eek:

I still think The Altar is by far her best album and as close to perfection as it gets, but III is definitely on the same high level as Goddess. She's fantastic.

Yeah... I adore L+F but I prefer III much more :rip:

I'm glad we got both albums, tho :)

Alexa play Alaska for the 87235799921th time

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I think she's let go more and more with each album. Every song on Goddess feels light compared to The Altar, like she was trying to tame herself down to fit what others (well, whichever guy/s she was singing about) wanted from her and had conditioned her to be like. But the whole thing feels magical. The production actually does flow from song to song which makes the whole album feel like a mood. 

From The Altar to III, I can clearly see her growth and how much she has evolved within herself.

Call me tasteless but she was stupid for not using the intro hook to Gimme (ooh gimme that u-uh gimme that u-uh gimme that u-uh) in the song, it's way catchier than the actual hook/chorus and slaps HARD 

i mean, the chorus slaps, i just dont get why she didn't use that theme/tune for something else 

Am I the only one who hears some influences from Rihanna's Anti on 3? Some bakground effects, instruments and melodies remind me of it, like the end of Hawaiian mazes.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***