Real Deal

BANKS

6 minutes ago, avenue said:

lowkey think that mind games, fuck em only we know & under the table are some of the best songs ever made :oprah3:

the way we SHARE THE SAME TASTE honeyyyyy

And if i may add: Brain, Mother Earth, Hawaiian Mazes & Underdog

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 minutes ago, Nikkiofthelane said:

Weaker girl is not talked about enough, that song slaps so hard every time I listen to it

Definitely one of my favourites from The Altar :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

honestly can we talk about the insane 3 hit combo of Contaminated, Stroke and Godless like she destroyed everyone with that

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

Just now, June Gloom said:

honestly can we talk about the insane 3 hit combo of Contaminated, Stroke and Godless like she destroyed everyone with that

EXACTLY, I'd say it's one of her best songs run ever. Flawless flow.

It's a shame "Serpentina" wasn't much of my taste. I haven't played it in ages. 

Meanwhile I keep revisiting "III" very often. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

23 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

It's a shame "Serpentina" wasn't much of my taste. I haven't played it in ages. 

Meanwhile I keep revisiting "III" very often. 

I literally last played Serpentina on release week :toofunny: but it helped me revisit her catalog and The Altar remains THAT bitch :gurl: 

27 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I literally last played Serpentina on release week :toofunny: but it helped me revisit her catalog and The Altar remains THAT bitch :gurl: 

As I have seen on other boards, most of her fandom is unhappy with Serpentina. 

There's only a small bunch of fans who really like Serpentina as a whole. 

To be fair, is my less favorite album but there are a few songs I really like. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

5 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

As I have seen on other boards, most of her fandom is unhappy with Serpentina. 

There's only a small bunch of fans who really like Serpentina as a whole. 

To be fair, is my less favorite album but there are a few songs I really like. 

I'd say this is the best way to describe it. In my opinion, Meteorite, Burn, Deadend and the 3 singles (Holding Back, The Devil, Skinnydipped) would be my the ones.

33 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I'd say this is the best way to describe it. In my opinion, Meteorite, Burn, Deadend and the 3 singles (Holding Back, The Devil, Skinnydipped) would be my the ones.

My selection is:

Misunderstood

Meteorite

Deadend

Holding Back

Burn 

Birds by the Sea

Anything 4 U

The rest are either OK or meh to me. 

fuck love is her worst song. i can't believe she had guts to release it... spirit is so out of nowhere and anything 4 u sounds so uneventful. misunderstood, burn, birds by the sea, holding back are good songs, and other ones are okay. serpentina is her worst album and i hope she can never release something worse than this:bebe:

19 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

fuck love is her worst song. i can't believe she had guts to release it... spirit is so out of nowhere and anything 4 u sounds so uneventful. misunderstood, burn, birds by the sea, holding back are good songs, and other ones are okay. serpentina is her worst album and i hope she can never release something worse than this:bebe:

To be fair, she released 3 amazing albums and this is her only bad one. It could've been worse. 

It really fucks me over how alternative and experimental was her past album and I thought she would follow the same path but no, she went full generic. 

17 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

To be fair, she released 3 amazing albums and this is her only bad one. It could've been worse. 

It really fucks me over how alternative and experimental was her past album and I thought she would follow the same path but no, she went full generic. 

i agree with both of these points:oprah3: i think banks being independent is not a good thing:crai:

32 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

i agree with both of these points:oprah3: i think banks being independent is not a good thing:crai:

Likewise, some artists really need a label (either big or small) to guide them or provide a good opinion of what songs would be the best or more appealing for their public. 

Just now, EXODUS said:

Likewise, some artists really need a label (either big or small) to guide them or provide a good opinion of what songs would be the best or more appealing for their public. 

she needs better producers but probably can't afford them.. 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

i'm such a banks stan for years now but i also did not have any interest to listen to serpentina more than 3 times... i like the singles but other than that i can't even remember one track from it :( 

i think my ranking for her albums is goddess > III > the altar but it's always changing cause they're all SO EXCELLENT

45 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

she needs better producers but probably can't afford them.. 

Well, most of the producers of Serpentina are the same that have worked with her since Goddess.