Real Deal

BANKS

16 hours ago, June Gloom said:

honestly can we talk about the insane 3 hit combo of Contaminated, Stroke and Godless like she destroyed everyone with that

Add Sawzall in there, perfect four track run

9 hours ago, ConstableReggie said:

Add Sawzall in there, perfect four track run

Sawzall is perhaps her best song ever. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

18 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Well, most of the producers of Serpentina are the same that have worked with her since Goddess. 

unpopular opinion but goddess has extremely dated production on it which is why serpentina lacks. bring back jimmy and bj.... shux was probably the only producer brought back that i thought was bringing it even though the devil was a generally ok song 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

19 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

unpopular opinion but goddess has extremely dated production on it which is why serpentina lacks. bring back jimmy and bj.... shux was probably the only producer brought back that i thought was bringing it even though the devil was a generally ok song 

No, you are right, Goddess production is very dated, but at least it was innovative back then.

Serpentina just sounds bland and generic. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Wait when did her genre become cum? :rip:

CYRRTFv.png

wtf is this

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

the altar and III are my faves from her, so unique and innovative 

i also love bj's production on III, and his production on hifn (i actually wish he had a bit more involvement on hifn cos i love tht sludgy sound he brings)

However, i think III is an incredibly accomplished album. Till Now is like nothing i've ever experienced before from her, very left field. I absolutely love it. Gimme keeps the energy, but with a more pop oriented formula. Contaminated is excellent, from the production to the lyrics, especially the dramatic intro/outro, and the vocoder throughout. Stroke is a career highlight for me. Absolutely love her use of distortion, specifically how consistently she uses it on the first four tracks. Godless almost reminds me of what Taylor was aiming for with reputation, but more sophisticated. Sawzall is certainly a breath fresh air after 5 production heavy songs, beautiful vocals. (I'm glad she went back to that style on I Still Love you.) Definitely mixed emotions on Look what you're doing to me, mostly because I don't think Francis part is great at all, just not the song for him tbh. Hawaiian Mazes is like traveling to another dimension, that trap based outro with the waves crashing from ear to ear mixed in with the harps and strings ascending is one of the top moments of the album. I've never been to Alaska, but for whatever reason I just get such a snowy and windy vibe from the song. Jimmy jimmy jimmy. Love that hook i don't care what anyone says. Propaganda is almost an homage to some of her earlier music, specifically on The Altar. I love the intense, percussive drums matched with the eerie synth strings. Highlight after highlight! She gets quite aggressive on that second verse of the Fall, as if she's yelling thru her teeth, i LOVE IT. If we were made of water. Where do i even start with this one. God what a masterpiece. The song begins: "You apologize," I immediately ascend. If we were made of water maybe we could swim around it, but we can't no fuckin more. The suffocating vocoder in the outro, never heard anything like it. Beautiful, mesmerizing. What About Love closes out the album perfectly, beautiful slow jam track. I love how the strings build in intensity near the end as her vocal fades out. Definitely my favorite album from her, and was definitely disappointed when Serpentina came out. :crai:

1 hour ago, misslonaxo said:

hmmm. nobody else cringes at the "I told you im sorry, i know you are" ?:stareney2:

I don't find it cringey but I won't say I love that part, is just something odd she decided to add. 

10 hours ago, misslonaxo said:

hmmm. nobody else cringes at the "I told you im sorry, i know you are" ?:stareney2:

Yeah that almost opaques Sawzall for me :um3: but when I decide to ignore that line, I really enjoy the track :agree:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

What are your favourites from each album?

Mine are:

Goddess - Beggin for Thread, This Is What It Feels Like, Brain

The Altar - Gemini Feed, Weaker Girl, Trainwreck, Mother Earth

III - Contaminated, Godless, Gimme, Hawaiian Mazes

Serpentina - Meteorite, Holding Back, Deadend, The Devil

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: