Aaron

Aly & AJ

:gclap: bless you for this info! really appreciate it. 

so the songs from hollywood records 2 came BEFORE or after the hothouse album? is the version Afraid posted of magellen the HR2 version or is it the hothouse outtake?

Hollywood Records 2 was meant to be the follow up to insomniatic and was created after a lot of frustration with their career and Disney (Hollywood Records being the Disney record label) and songs like The Next Worst Thing are about Disney controlling them and all that. They then left that label and changed their name to 78violet and the rest you probably know.

The Magellan posted above this Hothouse version. The original version is superior but both are like my favourite Aly and Aj songs

thanks. i can't believe they have TWO shelved albums. i hope it doesn't happen to the one they are currently working on  :facepalm:

actually they have 3 :( HR1 was recorded between late 07-08 but we know little to nothing about that one. Not even sure if it was 100% finished but the label didn't like the material so they started HR2, and then that one got shelved just weeks before it was supposed to be released.

TjmiIK4.png

Queens of shelved albums. Hothouse didn't deserved to be shelved tho like honestly it's a fucking amazing album. BUT they are 12 songs in already so I have a faith in their next album

Queens of shelved albums. Hothouse didn't deserved to be shelved tho like honestly it's a fucking amazing album. BUT they are 12 songs in already so I have a faith in their next album

Sky Ferreira teas tbh! I didn't know they were so far into a new album omg. Yassss.

Also do we have like a tracklist to HR2 or anything?

TjmiIK4.png

Sky Ferreira teas tbh! I didn't know they were so far into a new album omg. Yassss.

Yess the order I posted above is the track list

i'm sure it has leaked? idk all i know is i nearly got sued for having this song 8 months ago rip. still a good song tho so worth it

Almost got sued by Aly and Aj?

Lol they are almost as bad as Sky. HR2 was self-titled and the tracklist was

1. Say Hello

2. The Good, the Bad, and the Boring

3. The Next Worst Thing

4. Damaged

5. The Edge

6. Civilian

7. Silly Boy

8. Walk Alone Tonight

9. Lovesick

10. Freak

11. Insane

12. Magellan

13. Bullet

We have the whole album except for Damaged and Civilian.

Wait I still haven't heard Silly Boy or Insane 

TjmiIK4.png

Lol they are almost as bad as Sky. HR2 was self-titled and the tracklist was

1. Say Hello

2. The Good, the Bad, and the Boring

3. The Next Worst Thing

4. Damaged

5. The Edge

6. Civilian

7. Silly Boy

8. Walk Alone Tonight

9. Lovesick

10. Freak

11. Insane

12. Magellan

13. Bullet

if you could upload what you have i'd be very thankful! 

i have a song called "never fading"---is that from hothouse or something else?

let me be who i'm meant to be

if you could upload what you have i'd be very thankful! 

i have a song called "never fading"---is that from hothouse or something else?

Sure thing. Never Fading and Practical were recorded around the same time in either 2010 or 2011 I believe, and they weren't for an album. Just rough demos.

Edit: Actually, I think both Never Fading and Practical were demos recorded in 2008 for HR1. I was thinking of something else. (No wonder they didn't like the direction they were going in, lol)

I'll just post the link here for everyone. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc54zqnuc0ri6sc/78Violet%20%282009%29.zip?dl=0

You're welcome. Lol Lovesick is the only song from that album that they didn't write. HR bought the demo of it and had them record it for the album, but since they never released it the demo was still able to be bought, and it was bought for that woman on The Voice that season. I think Xtina found the demo for her.

UPDATE FROM JAN, 20TH 2017: JUDGING ONE OF AJ’S PHOTOS ON INSTASTORY, WE CAN THINK A NEW EP THAT SUPPOSES TO BE RELEASED IN FEBRUARY-MARCH SHOULD INCLUDE THE SONGS CALLED “I KNOW”“TAKE ME”, AND “THE DISTANCE”.

http://michalkafanrussia.ga/2017/01/20/everything-we-know-about-aly-ajs-new-music/?i=1

DUA IS MY FIRST NAME q8PdfBi.gif AND LIPA IS MY SURNAME

I'm finally getting my hands on a copy of Insomniatic (Japanese  Deluxe Edition)  :defeated:  I'm so excited to own it  :flutter: If anyone wants a lossless/AAC copy of the bonuses, I'd be more than happy to share. 

https://www.discogs.com/Aly-AJ-Insomniatic-Deluxe-Edition/release/1327136

Is it possible anyone can shoot me a PM with that album in the Dropbox link (on this page, not the last one)? I have the Hothouse album in 320kpbs including Boy (and 'Crawl' in ALAC lmao) if anyone wants it. I also have some unreleased too for Aly & AJ I guess. I just downloaded it from a torrent.