I give my loving,

I'm your devoted,

I give my loving,

I'm your devoted.

Maha, maha, maha, maha,

Maha, maha, maha.

i have a tumblr right

here.

I hate the indian sounding instrument so much, I hate the one in Catch & Release too

The sitar? Pm3BL4k.gif

Or imitation sitar or whatever but N O best instrument ever

"Loha, loha, maihi, maihi,

Yoha, yoho,
Loha, loha, maihi, maihi,
Yoha, yoho."    
Does anyone know what these mean? or what maha means?

I think it's meant to be like Hawaiian dancing chants? You know, like Hula Dancers sing? That's my guess anyway, just from the kind of vibe of the song!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

"Loha, loha, maihi, maihi,

Yoha, yoho,
Loha, loha, maihi, maihi,
Yoha, yoho."    
Does anyone know what these mean? or what maha means?

"Maha" is Arabic, I think...something about a beautiful woman? Wikipedia when in doubt: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maha

Subsequently, in Arabic Maha means a woman of beautiful eyes. In the Arabian Nomad Life before Islam, Many poets used it to demonstrate how their beloved lady's eye are so beautiful and her body is fit just like the Maha (Impala). In Indian, Maha can refer to "great".

But the other words seem more Hawaiian? "Loha" could be an abbreviation of "aloha".

This makes me think she's bipolar and has two personalities. "I regress back to the one I can't see. There's someone I have, Never talked about, I know that we'd both be, Dead if you found out." Like split personalities lol

B8wHSYZ.jpg

This makes me think she's bipolar and has two personalities. "I regress back to the one I can't see. There's someone I have, Never talked about, I know that we'd both be, Dead if you found out." Like split personalities lol

She actually refers to her actual life and the life she lives in her mind. If you listen to her interviews she often mentions that she has a developed inner world.

She actually refers to her actual life and the life she lives in her mind. If you listen to her interviews she often mentions that she has a developed inner world.

Thanks for the explanation. Makes a lot more sense. Yeah I've noticed she has mentioned those thing but I've never really understood it.

B8wHSYZ.jpg

"Maha" is Arabic, I think...something about a beautiful woman? Wikipedia when in doubt: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maha

Subsequently, in Arabic Maha means a woman of beautiful eyes. In the Arabian Nomad Life before Islam, Many poets used it to demonstrate how their beloved lady's eye are so beautiful and her body is fit just like the Maha (Impala). In Indian, Maha can refer to "great".

But the other words seem more Hawaiian? "Loha" could be an abbreviation of "aloha".

So in gangster that basically translates to "Hey there, you sexy bitch."?

1olt2g.jpg

Resident Hawaiian here. When I listen to it, it sounds absolutely nothing like Hawaiian (more Indian) but then again, Lana is Haole so... lol

I listened to it again (even though the song doesn't grab me so I barely made it through the first time) and the words I can hear are: Loa Loa Mahi Mahi Ah-hah-a-hah 

Which, if it was Hawaiian would mean Much Much Strong Strong. Makes no sense. I'm guessing it's meant to be just nonsense words. Definitely no ancient Hula Kahiko chants going on here. Not on my watch anyway.

Oh and Mahi-Mahi is also a fish  :horror:

48-Mahi-Mahi-640.jpg

in sanskrit maha means great

giffix-1.gif