Guest MissDaytona

Lana's Old FaceBook/Twitter

Guest MissDaytona

So I thought this could be the place we post Lana's old twitter + facebook posts, quotes, pictures, etc. as I have found some interesting things!

post-27-0-30092900-1347330464_thumb.png

post-27-0-20993300-1347330529_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-97498500-1347330543_thumb.png

post-27-0-57208300-1347330750_thumb.png

post-27-0-90210100-1347330791_thumb.png

Guest MissDaytona

How do you have these? Are you friends with her? Is that it? I want 2 B fRiEndZ with her :(

lmao no its on her fan page. click on 'posts by page' and click on the timeline.. and start reading from when she's made the facebook! lol

Guest ♡MaruOopsy♡

...and we haven't yet come to a conclusion of what our stance is on posting facebook screencaps from it.

I for one, am all for it.

I'm not joking though. Many fans have already combed over it/screencapped it and there is information that is helpful to understanding the timeline of events/songs, recordings, men in her life, her dynamics with certain people, etc. It's already out there and it's already being discussed. It seems disingenuous to not allow our members to discuss this information, especially with that fact that it's so accessible, and it would contribute to a great deal of our threads, specifically Lanalysis. It would be odd to know about x or y but be unable to change theory or add songs to the list of unreleased because of where the information was obtained. My view on it? It's unfortunate it was made public... but there's nothing we can do about it, and being ~self-righteous~ and not allowing discussion/posting it would be ridiculous -- we might as well take advantage of the opportunity to have a wealth of new, ACCURATE information.

Just to clarify, which Facebook account are we talking about? MafiosiPrincess? And what exactly do you mean by "made public"? Are you referring to some kind of change with the privacy settings on that account, or just that people have publicized the username?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Guest ♡MaruOopsy♡

MafiosiPrincess, and there's a change of privacy settings. Everything is accessible now.

tumblr_mcgrxjlNgo1qawpxdo1_400.jpg

Can't tell if this is real or not.. the blurriness makes it a bit sketchy but I've heard others talk about it before!

Someone also once called her ugly on her facebook and she said "I like being ugly. It's fun." tryna find it!

Its true, its off her personal fb

I'm torn. I'm still somewhat uncomfortable with this, but I agree that it's inevitable this information will circulate regardless of how we decide to handle it. On the other hand, that could be said about almost any personal information, but that doesn't necessarily mean we should post it. However, I do agree with Maru's point about it being disingenuous/self-righteous to not allow people to post about information we know is out there that impacts our theories and understanding of songs, etc. especially when some of us are using this information to uncover things. I myself have already found something I'd like to post thanks to information from her Facebook account, but I wouldn't be able to establish how I discovered it without reference to her account. Also, from a strictly practical standpoint, policing people posting Facebook screenshots could be a pain in the ass.

If we were to allow this, I think we should ask that people black out other people's names, unless they're a public figure, someone in the industry, etc. Also, if we were to allow this, do you think it's inconsistent to not allow people to post the name of the account? Would we need to reverse that, or is it not necessarily inconsistent?

What do you guys think?

Edit: We need to decide whether stuff like this should be posted, but why can't I access the attachment in this post?

If we were to allow this, I think we should ask that people black out other people's names, unless they're a public figure, someone in the industry, etc. Also, if we were to allow this, do you think it's inconsistent to not allow people to post the name of the account? Would we need to reverse that, or is it not necessarily inconsistent?

What do you guys think?

Edit: We need to decide whether stuff like this should be posted, but why can't I access the attachment in this post?

I think blacking out names would be a nice compromise, although her Facebook is covered with "Chris C." and Mike Mizrahi, people we've already recognized as being tied to her despite having no fame.

I can't access that attachment either...

I haven't looked at this in detail yet, but it looks like a lot of what had become accessible on the MafiosiPrincess account is locked down again. Any thoughts on whether that should affect our approach or not?