evilentity

Black Beauty

i feel the same way listening to this as i did with the national anthem demo. so wrong it's right.

anyway, the lyrics are so beautiful oh my god i can literally relate kinda

You'd make a night time [?] today

So it'd fit the mood of your song

You'd make a night time world(?) today

So it'd suit the mood of your soul

Oh, what can I do?

To turn you on or get through [to?] you

yeah, I'm definitely hearing "through" but not "to" after it

------

I completely lose it once the Oh's kick in at 1:03!! Her voice sounds so good along this lyrically interesting track. I'm reminded of "Try Tonight" lyrics with the way LDR describes her lover in Black Beauty:

"When he enters all of the lights go dim / He so sure he got a tragic lifestyle / And I'm so sure I can make that man smile"

Like others have stated, this is a perfect mix of Lizzy & Lana :flutter:

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

"you'd make it nighttime all today so it'd suit the mood for your song"?

This is a favourite, which makes me upset how much I already like the unfinished demo. When the finished, improved one comes out, I won't like it as much as my first love... sigh.

This song is chill inducing - Like I said on another post; I rate this song up there w/ Annie Lennox's 'Love Song For A Vampire' as one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard (period) - If Black Beauty is a sign of the direction of her new album (apart from it being my Album of the Year) then hopefully Lana will finally get the Grammy(s) she deserves !! :gclap:

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

For any of you that remember Sinead O'Conner, this song reminds me of her version of Nothing Compares 2 U.

Also putting my vote in for "So it would suit the mood of your soul."

For any of you that remember Sinead O'Conner, this song reminds me of her version of Nothing Compares 2 U.

Also putting my vote in for "So it would suit the mood of your soul."

YES!!!!!! i thought that tooo!

Black Beauties are another word for the drug speed, in case anyone hadn't heard that. :D Love it

i didn't know that but it really gives the song more breadth. knowing that she's probably talking about a guy who's either addicted to meth or recovering from it gives the song more purpose and it's even more heart-breaking.

User-FastFission-brain.gif       let's change our DNA