Mileena

How do you feel about Lana's leaked songs?

Guest MissDaytona

I will se old photos, but not new leaks or music videos...

Why? I think photos are more personal than music videos and song leaks, tbh. She made the songs and videos to be seen or heard, the photos are private

Why? I think photos are more personal than music videos and song leaks, tbh. She made the songs and videos to be seen or heard, the photos are private

lol...I'm talking of the photos that are at the net...it's impossible do not see them at tumblr...but the Musics and the videos I can not listen or see then, by not clicking at the play :)

tumblr_mhzjal5z1N1rab19lo1_1280.png

I couldn't agree with this more. I've found it odd that some of the most vocal opponents of song leaks are the quickest to post personal information and pictures. They've got it exactly backwards.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

To be honest, the people who leak the songs have no right to, but once they're out there for the public eye, the best thing a fan can do is appreciate it & Lana and not shun it because it's a leak.

That's exactly what I think. I mean, I know they're leaks, some have been hacked off Lana which is really bad but, hey, what can I do about it? Not listening to them isn't going to make things any better so why not just enjoy Lana's masterpieces?

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

It's what the title says: What you think and feel about leaks? I saw that our opinions are diverse towards the subject so I thought in opening this thread so everyone can give their 2 cents, or more,  about the subject.

My 6 cents

1. Album leaks creates a iincredible buzz on all social media, blogs, papers well media in general. Guess what? That media is free. The label didn't expend a dime and Lana's name was all over blogs, twitter, FB and music related site. All over the world. It's a win win game for her.

2. The songs she was not going to release had help keep her relevant while she is not releasing anything new. They are also good songs so they attract new fans and keep the fan base she already has happy. Plus who would've have access to so much material besides Lana herself or those very close to her?

3. Most material goes online anyway. Everything ends up, in a way or another, in youtube. You can download from it for free but artists still sell millions of albuns. Lana included. There for is fair to say that even if 1 or 2 songs leak the sales won't be affected. Quite the opposite the leaks increase the expectation towards the album which can end up making her sell even more

4. Many artists leak songs before the album gets out or even when is still in production. Albuns are expensive the leaks are a cheap, quick and effective way to test the reaction towards the music. Obviously the songs are diverse but the album has a tone so maybe thats what they are doing.

5. She was not going to release 99% of her leaks anyway. I mean almost 200 songs....wtf....and several are incredible so her leaks helped a lot her new album and also helped a lot BTD and Paradise sales.

6. IMO her leaks had increased her value not the other way around. Her leaks had increased her fanbase as well.

glgcDdT.gif

im not listening to new leaks bc im not tryna ruin the album for myself. If I didnt go to that preview night thing I wouldnt have listened to ride either bc I just love to listen to albums in their entirety and really soak it in, plus it is pretty rude simply bc shes actually planning on releasing something 

ER1eLiL.jpg?1

0MG I'm not listening to any of the new leaks!!!1!  #RESPECTLANA DON'T SHARE LINKS. yoUR KILLING THE ALBUM!! omggg im REPORTING YOU!1

I hope this is a joke. If it is was a good punch line. Great!

If it's not grow up. First I didn't leak anything. Second was a discussion, a opinion. If you are not mature enought than get out. Make sustainable arguments not silly threats with no reasons what so ever.'

glgcDdT.gif

I don't think the leaks are intentional but I do believe they're not that actively fought against - because of the publicity / promotion angle? I don't know, maybe. Or maybe simply because they're ultimately not that important to them; I really don't know.

I mean, this is a professional artist who, during her relatively brief career (in the public eye, I mean), has had around what, 150? 200 leaks? It's not normal and doesn't make any sense to me. If she and her team - and most especially her label, who invested money on her and surely has every interest in getting it back with profit - were that concerned about it, they could have done a lot more to prevent more recent songs from leaking imo - not allowing so many people to have access to / keep the songs, take legal action in order to discourage further leaks, etc. Fool me once, shame on me; fool me twice...

How else do we explain that pretty much every other artist of her calibre manages to control this type of thing to a certain extent? How is she always the only apparently defenceless victim in all these leaking sprees?

I can't find any other explanation. Either that or she's surrounded by a bunch of utter incompetents.

Or, yeah, she's leaking them herself, grabbing the popcorn and laughing herself silly reading all the ensuing tumblr & twitter meltdowns. :troll:

EDIT: FYI, this is by no means an apologist take on the leaks. Since this is all speculative, my default position is - I assume they're unwanted & can potentially be harmful to her, so imo it's ethically wrong and irresponsible to leak all this recent stuff.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

the reason i don't like them is because from what it seems lana doesn't want them to leak (apparent from interviews and such) well thats for the "unreleased" songs anyway. i fully understand that i could/does help her popularity or sales and i agree but it takes the momentum out of release i would much rather wait. thats my opinion but whatever   :pft:

tumblr_mnu5unziQx1qztgoio1_500.gif

4. Many artists leak songs before the album gets out or even when is still in production. Albuns are expensive the leaks are a cheap, quick and effective way to test the reaction towards the music. Obviously the songs are diverse but the album has a tone so maybe thats what they are doing.

I'm curious about this, do you have proof of an artist doing this? Or are they then upfront about it, rather than getting caught out somehow?

Thing is, Rick deactivated his twitter :/

I hope this is a joke. If it is was a good punch line. Great!

If it's not grow up. First I didn't leak anything. Second was a discussion, a opinion. If you are not mature enought than get out. Make sustainable arguments not silly threats with no reasons what so ever.'

Look at the youtube comments, you'll know that was a joke...

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I feel sorry for Lana, her fans draw more attention to her unreleased discography than to her actual released material. Yes, it's made her more famous but it's made her music very vulnerable and there's some real messy songs out there that she'd probably prefer stayed under the rug although then again, there's some really good songs that don't fit her current image or any future albums that deserve to be appreciated so I'm sure she doesn't mind that much about certain songs. I don't know.

But of course I'm going to listen to them. I'm sorry if I'm being insensitive but I love Lana's music and I'm happy for her unreleased discography to leak (although I'm not a fan of people who leak future releases). I'm not one of those idiots who say shit like 'I HATE leaks! I'm still going to listen to the songs anyway because they're way better than her albums but whoever leaked them should rot in hell!!!!' 

want her songs to leak! If I only had Born To Die and Paradise then there's no way I'd love her this much because I can't get into an artist that much with such a small discography.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

0MG I'm not listening to any of the new leaks!!!1!  #RESPECTLANA DON'T SHARE LINKS. yoUR KILLING THE ALBUM!! omggg im REPORTING YOU!1

Mte! Reported everyone who has talked about them, enjoy jail, bitches!! :) #StayStrongLana

BWAHAHAHAHAHA "WANNABETRUFANZ"  :gtfo:  :makeup:

not sure but there is irony in your posts, right?

But of course I'm going to listen to them. I'm sorry if I'm being insensitive but I love Lana's music and I'm happy for her unreleased discography to leak (although I'm not a fan of people who leak future releases). I'm not one of those idiots who say shit like 'I HATE leaks! I'm still going to listen to the songs anyway because they're way better than her albums but whoever leaked them should rot in hell!!!!' 

want her songs to leak! If I only had Born To Die and Paradise then there's no way I'd love her this much because I can't get into an artist that much with such a small discography.

:gclap:  yes. I love you. 

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

I listen to the unreleased stuff but i try and keep the stuff thats gonna come out, until it actually comes out, that doesnt always work though lmao and i usually end up listening anyway

lH7Zs6V.gif