elllipsis

Tame Impala

I honestly never liked Borderline, nor most songs off The Slow Rush, which as a whole felt like longer,Β anticlimactic,Β versionsΒ of Currents' songs.Β :bebe:

Just now, Enchanted Mansion said:

Oh yes it's the same! Like you, the first version is the one I listen to all the time, the other I ignore. Big stupidity to have removed it from the album.

The disappointment I felt when I heard it was different on the album and that I didn't like it. :crai:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just now, West Coast said:

I honestly never liked Borderline, nor most songs off The Slow Rush, which as a whole felt like longer,Β anticlimactic,Β versionsΒ of Currents' songs.Β :bebe:

Β 

It's a shame, but the rest of the album is a bit below The Current, it's true. Nevertheless there are really good and cult songs. I wish you to enjoy Bordeline one dayΒ ;)

Just now, Clampigirl said:

The disappointment I felt when I heard it was different on the album and that I didn't like it. :crai:

Β 

Same ! I said to myself "why did he do that"? Too bad.

4 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

Β 

It's a shame, but the rest of the album is a bit below The Current, it's true. Nevertheless there are really good and cult songs. I wish you to enjoy Bordeline one dayΒ ;)

Almost two years later I realize how disappointing the album was. I like Posthumous Forgiveness, Breathe Deeper,Β On Track and like One More Hour on a good day.Β :derpna2:

Β 

Lonerism remains hisΒ magnum opus imho.

Not my first time attending a Tame Impala concert, and I don't know if it's because it was my first concert Covid times, but the show I attended last night has got to be one of the best. Absolutely otherworldly.Β :crying4:

Β 

Sky3IrT.jpg

I haven't heard his other albums apart from Currents but Slow Rush (after a few listens while high) is so good, its the type of album i would see get high praise but its so hated on? I dont get it

1 minute ago, TRENCH said:

I haven't heard his other albums apart from Currents but Slow Rush (after a few listens while high) is so good, its the type of album i would see get high praise but its so hated on? I dont get it

It's his most "mainstream" album so it got a lot of hate from his fanbase for notΒ being as experimental/being generic. IMO it's his worst too even if it's still great

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 minute ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

It's his most "mainstream" album so it got a lot of hate from his fanbase for notΒ being as experimental/being generic. IMO it's his worst too even if it's still great

funny cz the only song i see as mainstream is Lost In Yesterday. I guess i'll understand that POV once i do a discography diveΒ 

11 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

:creepna2:
Β 

I really didn't like The Slow Rush at first, and it took quite some time for me to warm up to some songs on that album, in fact I didn't start to enjoy some of them until I heard them live quite recently.Β Still, there is something about TSR that feels bland.
Β 

Nothing will ever topΒ Lonerism.Β :oprah3:

I started getting into his catalog with The Slow Rush and I actually enjoyed it a lot! But judging by your comments, when I listen to the other albums they'll be way better I guess? :hype:Β 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I started getting into his catalog with The Slow Rush and I actually enjoyed it a lot! But judging by your comments, when I listen to the other albums they'll be way better I guess? :hype:Β 

Lonerism & Innerspeaker are more psych-rock and lowfi. I'm sure you'll find something in there for your liking.Β :smile4:

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

His first two albums are more psychedelic rock, then Currents is a mix between pop and psychedelic rock while still being very experimental. Currents is his best imo

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900