lola

Taylor Swift

5 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

My friend insisted that I give Mirrorball another chance so I did, and I just noticed that IT HAS JINGLE BELLS. Sure enough, it's one of the songs that Jack did. He really did HTD dirty though, because the ones in Mirrorball are nowhere near as obvious or terrible.

Anyway, I don't love that song but I am really enjoying August rn.

August and Illicit Affairs are my two current favourites—and songs I associate with absolutely no one lmaoo rip 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

Her ACM performance gave me LIFE. Her no make up look, the curly hair, the boss pants - I loved it :crying: Praying for a European tour next year, something like the planned Lover Fest but all in stripped down Folklore style, please M'am. 

okay i was bored and made this theory on how 9 folklore tracks are connected and tell the story of Betty and James lololol

Spoiler

Illicit Affairs—A high school girl named Betty begins a relationship with a boy, even though she already has a boyfriend, James.

Betty—James catches Betty dancing with the boy from Illicit Affairs at the school dance, and he too begins a relationship with another girl. James visits Betty to confess that he did have an affair in the summer of their senior your, but made a huge mistake and wants to get back with Betty again. He shows up to her house and asks her to take him back in front of all her friends. Humiliated, Betty turns him down and James leaves heartbroken.

August—Unknown girl who James had affair with reminisces on their relationship, but ultimately decides James isn’t the one, and moves on.

Exile—James tries to win Betty back again at a later date (perhaps after graduation). They get into an argument, and James realizes that he his no longer welcome in Betty’s life.

Cardigan—After their fight, Betty reminiscences about her relationship with James and how he keeps coming back to her and won’t let her move on.

Epiphany—James enlists in the army. He is deployed to war (I’m not sure what the time period is, could be WW1,2, Nam, or Iraq). He is severely injured on the battlefield and comes back to America incapacitated.

Seven—This is again from James perspective, and is his flashbacks to his (potentially abusive) childhood and the Indian nanny that saved him from it (from PTSD) after he returns from war.

The 1—Betty has another failed relationship, but feels confident that she can move on with yet another heartbreak.

Mad Woman—Upon James’s return from the war, her friends blame Betty for his incapacitated state. They say that it was because of her rejection and cheating that lead him to enlist in the army, and that she is responsible for his incapacitated current state. She begins to go crazy.

This Is Me Trying—Betty finds that her life is unravelling, and that all her plans have been ruined by James’s return from war. She decides to go back to him and take care of him.

Peace—Betty realizes she still has feelings for James, and even though he his incapacitated, they begin a relationship. No one believes Betty’s love is real “All these people think love's for show/But I would die for you in secret”.

Hoax—James dies from his injuries at war. Betty blames herself.

So, Taylor has just released a statement regarding her old masters (from self titled - reputation). Anyways, she's still not able to own them (without Scooter Braun benefiting financially) due to some sort of arrangement with the current owners and Scooter himself. Although she has begun the re-recordings!

However, apparently she confirmed that Red will be the first re-recorded album and is expected to come in December... I don't know how reliable this? Apparently she mentioned it in a livestream this past week? Can anybody confirm?

5 minutes ago, bored said:

So, Taylor has just released a statement regarding her old masters (from self titled - reputation). Anyways, she's still not able to own them (without Scooter Braun benefiting financially) due to some sort of arrangement with the current owners and Scooter himself. Although she has begun the re-recordings!

However, apparently she confirmed that Red will be the first re-recorded album and is expected to come in December... I don't know how reliable this? Apparently she mentioned it in a livestream this past week? Can anybody confirm?

I hate Scooter so much he only cares about money. I hope the new re-recordings are a amazing

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

25 minutes ago, bored said:

She hasnt done a livestream since the Lover album announcement but she is gonna appear on Rolling Stones' greatest 500 albums special podcast at some point to talk about the album. Episode 1 wasn't with her. I hope the episode will make it outside of Amazon Music at some point cause i cant even log into there...

Here's her statement about the second purchase of her masters & her re-recordings - 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

My only one :krylie:
My kingdom come undone
My broken drum :krylie:
You have beaten my heart
Don't want no other shade of blue :krylie:
But you
No other sadness in the world would do :krylie:

i haven't listened to anything pre 1989 (save for the popular songs obviously) what would ya'll suggest song wise? i don't really like her country-esque albums, but i know Red apparently has a lot of good songs on it 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

11 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

My kingdom come undone
You have beaten my heart
But you

i haven't listened to anything pre 1989 (save for the popular songs obviously) what would ya'll suggest song wise? i don't really like her country-esque albums, but i know Red apparently has a lot of good songs on it 

All Too Well and State of Grace from Red (especially the former) are two of her best songs ever.

I personally really like Mine (from Sparks Fly) and Holy Ground (from Red) as well.

Just now, mintconfetti said:

All Too Well and State of Grace from Red (especially the former) are two of her best songs ever.

I personally really like Mine (from Sparks Fly) and Holy Ground (from Red) as well.

i've heard many praise of all too well. i'll have to check it out. i'm assuming it's a depressing song 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

48 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

My kingdom come undone
You have beaten my heart
But you

ALL TO WELL (but maybe don’t if ur going thru a breakup rn)

My vinyl order from her store has been listed as 'on the way' and shipping soon for a week now. Ma'am I know you're trying to get another week in the top 10 of the BB200 but just send it now :facepalm:

BzhmW.png