lola

Taylor Swift

I used to heavily dislike Taylor Swift and her music, and then watched myself gradually turn into a fangirl after she released 1989.

Lover fully won me over and folklore was my favourite album of 2020. Couldn't believe my luck when I saw that she's releasing a sister record :flutter:

Listening to evermore right now and so far, it's beautiful but feels less radiant than folklore where I had like 5 favourite songs right off the bat.

I wish Lana did surprise releases like Taylor does them. :eek2:

Okay honest review: On my very first initial listen, I was a tad bit underwhelmed. The songs felt like a bit less versions of Folklore, and somewhat half baked, but then on second listen, once I was used to the tracks....holy FUCK. SO. GOOD. Folklore has a few I never listen to really (Mirrorball, Peace, Epiphany) but this one,.... Idk I cant find any skips!

Not a single skip on Evermore but I def like Folklore more. 

Favs: 

Champagne Problems 

Gold Rush

Dorothea

Cowboy Like Me

Long Story Short

I thought Evermore is pretty beautiful too but then this guy started to sing and completely ruined it for me just like on Exile! :crossed:

I feel like with these past two albums, Taylor’s really carved out her own corner and found herself. I hope the rumours about the albums being a trilogy are true. In general though, I’m glad she’s at the point where she doesn’t feel the need to change her sound and aesthetic with every album (when did that even become a requirement for artists? Lol). She’s truly been flourishing as an artist this year more than ever before.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

The harmonica on No Body, No Crime is my absolute highlight.

Listened to the album 5 times now, it is a good album but it doesn't have any song that REALLY stands out for me. I do have my favs though.

I also can't imagine Taylor singing them live. They don't give me concert vibes. I guess I will listen to this album when I draw or clean my apartment. Stuff like that...

Thinking of Folklore I would have loved to take Taylor into the forest, having a picknick, singing these songs for me and a bunch of other fans. I think a Folklore tour would have been as magical as her Speak Now tour. The stage looked so pretty here.

After two listens my first thought is that Folklore is much better, but this is still good and has some great moments. Overall it rehashes Folklore a bit too much and also lets some of her more annoying tendencies slip through, which Folklore didn't at all. I'm sure it will grow on me though, Folklore was good at first and became great.

5 minutes ago, Crack Prince said:

I won;t be able to listen to this album until like January because of private reasons but i wanna know is it as good as folklore? folklore was my fav album of 2020

I think it’s pretty subjective on which is better. So far, I like folklore more but evermore is pretty nice too. It’s a bit more dreary than folklore 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

The title track sums up how I feel at the end of 2020... 

I'm not a Taylor fan like I said, but liked Folklore and Evermore. Although I would have preferred a mix of the best songs of the two, probably. Both have weaker songs IMO, but  I know I don't represent what the majority thinks. 

I’ve only got to hear the first 6 songs so far because my boyfriend ended up coming over last night and he hates her. I did make him watch the willows music video with me though. :hooker:

it does feel very similar to folklore and I get what people say when they say that the songs might not individually ‘pop’ as much, but I don’t think that means they are bad, it just means I need to settle in, get stoned, and give them a serious listen, which I will do later tonight. I’m looking forward to it! What I’ve heard so far is predictably gentle and beautiful, and I’m never mad when things sound this gorgeous. 

evermore is definitely a bit louder/bigger than folklore, but i feel like in a few songs she may have tried too hard to recreate the gloomy-ness and mystery of folklore. my personal favorites were willow, gold rush (which literally raised my heart rate the first time i heard it), ivy, long story short, and evermore