lola

Taylor Swift

honestly evermore > folklore.... they are BOTH my top albums this year tho! but evermore made my heart cry a lil more... wow she did that

willow, gold rush, no body no crime, and long story short... god tier 

first listen its boring, every track just blends together and i wasnt even listening in the end, probably will be a grower, but still end up being boring like folklore was (even though its good) you know what i mean, a meh album that u hardly ever want to play, but love regardless

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

ok but why is no one talking about Tolerate It???? "I know my love should be celebrated... but you tolerate it" BYEEEEEEEE AN ATTACK ON MY PERSON

and the last lyric in the song being "i sit and watch you..." I'm done. Lock this hoe up.

I love Bon Iver in general but I hate his feature on Evermore. His vocals seem like he's borderline parodying his own style and they didn't introduce him well into the song at all, which is unfortunate because I think the first half is lovely and was shaping up to be a strong closer.

1 minute ago, lanabanana11 said:

ok but why is no one talking about Tolerate It???? "I know my love should be celebrated... but you tolerate it" BYEEEEEEEE AN ATTACK ON MY PERSON

and the last lyric in the song being "i sit and watch you..." I'm done. Lock this hoe up.

Tolerate It is the album highlight for me, along with Cowboy Like Me. Some of her writing can be too forced but Tolerate It hits hard and feels authentic.

7 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

girl what lmao

like, i feel as though albums with such depth (taylor always leaves sooo many little lyrics and easter eggs and connections we dont pick up on until like weeks after release) it takes more than a few listens to really see which is superior! Same went for me with Lana, I got into her in 2017 so I had quite a few albums to listen to all at once and settle in, and the ones I was meh on at the start (mainly UV) grew to be my top favorite!  

I just started listening to the album and gold rush came and am I imagining things or it literally sounds like California (by Lana) but somewhat modified?

The song literally started and instantly reminded me of California (same melody on the intro). Then the verses came and it either reminded me (again) of California or another song from NFR.

PS: I know it was produced by Jack tho

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

13 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

I just started listening to the album and gold rush came and am I imagining things or it literally sounds like California (by Lana) but somewhat modified?

The song literally started and instantly reminded me of California (same melody on the intro). Then the verses came and it either reminded me (again) of California or another song from NFR.

PS: I know it was produced by Jack tho

the strings used in the intro are the same as in Love Song, thats what makes it sound familiar i think

edit: obvs just the stem pack, the melody is different ofc

image.png

2 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

the strings used in the intro are the same as in Love Song, thats what makes it sound familiar i think

Yes! Love Song, that's it- but still kinda California- but you're definitely right. 

I was starting to think I was going crazy lmao 

But also, what about the melody on the verses? Doesn't it remind you of something else? Either from NFR or Melodrama 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

So, now I've listened to the album multiple times and I absolutely love it. It truly is an exquisite album. Some quick thoughts on the tracks:

willow - love the mood, love the chorus, the melody, everything

champagne problems - exceptionally beautiful and sad, like I mentioned before, the piano reminded me of New Year's Day

gold rush - absolutely sublime, the chorus is so majestic

tis the damn season - flawless, relatable

tolerate it - transcendent, the way she sings the beginning of the line 'I wait by the door like I'm just a kid' makes me feel things

no body, no crime - really catchy, love the mood

happiness - extremely sad and personal and beautiful

dorothea - love the melody

coney island - love the instrumental and melody, they sound amazing together

ivy - heavenly, sweet, reminds of invisible strings

cowboy like me - love the mood 

long story short - very relevant, encapsulates the past few years of my life

marjorie - very sweet 

closure - amazing, love the glitches, again, very relevant, the narrator could be both me and someone I once knew, singing to me

evermore - sad, beautiful, hopeful, the beginning piano reminds me of exile 

She delivered as always :gclap:

trying to rank the songs, but tbh songs 6-11 all kinda blend into each other for me :rip: theyre not bad, but idk how to describe it

1) Gold Rush
2) Champagne Problems

3) Tolerate It
4) Evermore
5) Coney Island
6) Marjorie
7) Long story short
8) Ivy
9) Dorothea
10) Willow
11) 'tis the damn season
12) cowboy like me
13) no body, no crime
14) happiness

99) closure this is so so so bad like what

image.png

21 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Yes! Love Song, that's it- but still kinda California- but you're definitely right. 

I was starting to think I was going crazy lmao 

But also, what about the melody on the verses? Doesn't it remind you of something else? Either from NFR or Melodrama 

Expanding off of what the other user said, the mellotron in Love Song sounds very similar to the intro of gold rush, and this similarity is emphasized by them being in the same key as well. 

In the verse of gold rush that begins with “What must it be like to be that beautiful,” the chord progression actually deviates from the original key. Jack Antonoff actually does the exact chord shift for the same key in Lorde’s Green Light when she sings, “But I hear sounds in my mind.” Not only that, but this chord progression also occurs in Love Song (also in the same key) when Lana sings, “It all comes down to make the sound of our love song.”

let me know if that’s the similarity you’re hearing!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

6 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Expanding off of what the other user said, the mellotron in Love Song sounds very similar to the intro of gold rush, and this similarity is emphasized by them being in the same key as well. 

In the verse of gold rush that begins with “What must it be like to be that beautiful,” the chord progression actually deviates from the original key. Jack Antonoff actually does the exact chord shift for the same key in Lorde’s Green Light when she sings, “But I hear sounds in my mind.” Not only that, but this chord progression also occurs in Love Song (also in the same key) when Lana sings, “It all comes down to make the sound of our love song.”

let me know if that’s the similarity you’re hearing!

I think you've cracked the code- I think my brain mixed both of those parts (Love Song w/ Green Light) and made it seem like it was more similar than it actually was lmao

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

maybe it’ll grow but folklore had instant classics and i ain’t heard any on evermore. but i’ll say that i love the sound of evermore as a whole. like it’s fun and interesting to hear that from taylor and i feel like she’ll dive into it more in the future

Has anybody had any problems with her UK store? I ordered the folklore CD and cassette back in like July, they arrived last week and the parcel was damaged with the CD and cassette both being shattered inside. Even the CD inlays were torn and damaged... I emailed them regarding a replacement / refund and still haven't heard anything?

However, I ordered the folklore LP from her store and it arrived in perfect condition...