lola

Taylor Swift

The run of Ivy-Evermore, whew so good! Definitely my favorite of the bunch smushed together at the end there. The rest is nice as well. Gold Rush is definitely a standout, Willow too. I didn’t dislike any of the other ones. I just have to listen to feel em out a little bit more because they didn’t immediately smack me in the face. 

long story short the surprise bop of the end of year. So catchy. Bon Iver’s moment on evermore is better than exile imo. Oh also, Marjorie!! That one was touching and built wonderfully. 

Ok so there have been theories about these albums being a trilogy, and I’ve seen other people point out the biggest difference between Folklore and Evermore is the maturity level of the stories, and together those theories made me come up with one of my own. What if the albums are gonna be a trilogy and they represent the triple goddess? Folklore would be the maiden, Evermore would be the matron, and the next one would be the crone. The witchy aesthetics and lyrics of these two albums especially make me think this was intentional. I guess I’ll have to wait for the potential third album in the trilogy to know for sure.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

11 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

The Lana influences are just too accurate and obvious to me this time around. I mean the one for the money two for the show line in Champagne problems is like literally MDM

Babe isn’t that literally a saying? And lanas not the first person to use that in a song lol...

After multiple relistens I can say that the only things I don't like in the album are No Body No Crime (cause the chorus is repetitive af and I like it less and less with every relisten) and Bon Iver's part in Evermore is just unbearable to listen to

I definitely feel like the album is a grower. 

anytime someone references the “rear view” in regards to a relationship in a song (in long story short she talks about looking better in the rear view), I ALWAYS think about A Sorta Fairytale by Tori Amos (she used the line “I lost you in the rear view”). The fact that Taylor is a Tori stan and has even covered that song live before I felt a little Tori moment in that song that brought me a lot of joy. 

7 hours ago, alienprincess said:

Babe isn’t that literally a saying? And lanas not the first person to use that in a song lol...

One for the money two for the show is a saying, true, but the flow in CPP is literally ripped str8 out of MDM lol

One for the money, two for the show
I love you honey, I'm ready to go

One for the money, two for the show
I never was ready so I watch you go

i'm so blown away by this record. folklore and evermore back to back is just awe-inspiring, she's such a genuine talent. we're so lucky to live in the same time as Taylor, we're truly witnessing something great here :wowcry:

On 12/11/2020 at 11:20 PM, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Expanding off of what the other user said, the mellotron in Love Song sounds very similar to the intro of gold rush, and this similarity is emphasized by them being in the same key as well. 

In the verse of gold rush that begins with “What must it be like to be that beautiful,” the chord progression actually deviates from the original key. Jack Antonoff actually does the exact chord shift for the same key in Lorde’s Green Light when she sings, “But I hear sounds in my mind.” Not only that, but this chord progression also occurs in Love Song (also in the same key) when Lana sings, “It all comes down to make the sound of our love song.”

let me know if that’s the similarity you’re hearing!

On 12/11/2020 at 11:27 PM, Yosemite said:

I think you've cracked the code- I think my brain mixed both of those parts (Love Song w/ Green Light) and made it seem like it was more similar than it actually was lmao

It's also the exact same chord progression as in the bridge of How to disappear, I believe

evermore is amazing ugh. i currently like it better than folklore but i feel like that'll change with the season. evermore just feels warmer and cozier if that makes sense. 

holy trinity: tolerate it, gold rush, willow (will probs change w time tho)

qfrWuBl.png

9 hours ago, recklessdaughter said:

Ok so there have been theories about these albums being a trilogy, and I’ve seen other people point out the biggest difference between Folklore and Evermore is the maturity level of the stories, and together those theories made me come up with one of my own. What if the albums are gonna be a trilogy and they represent the triple goddess? Folklore would be the maiden, Evermore would be the matron, and the next one would be the crone. The witchy aesthetics and lyrics of these two albums especially make me think this was intentional. I guess I’ll have to wait for the potential third album in the trilogy to know for sure.

God I hope so.

the whole album is great, but No Body No Crime has not left my head once. Dorothea is also an ear worm

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg