lola

Taylor Swift

after 3 listens i just think this album isn't interesting in the slightest, it's so obviously b sides from folklore and doesn't really shine as its own entity, i mean there are 4 or 5 good songs, but the rest is boring, i miss her pop music or quirky country songs, i've never been a fan of folk music. she suits the style very well and is really good at it, but something about evermore feels like leftovers

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Never been a fan of Taylor Swift (quite the opposite, truly), and Folklore wasnt exactly my cup of tea either (even if it was the first project by her that I could listen to as a whole, it came as a quite uninteresting album for me, as well). Listened yesterday to Evermore and I think it shows a growth. The songs sound richer, less basic, somehow more artistic. The structures and her voice are still so mainstream and not so inspired for my taste, but its definetly nice to see that she's developing her output towards other directions.

This is such a beautiful album.

My favorite tracks are Ivy, Champagne Problems, Willow, Gold Rush, Tis the Damn Season. Tolerate It and Cowboy Like Me are so good too.

Ivy is a poetic masterpiece and the bridge in Champagne Problems made me want to cry.

I think both albums suffer from being bloated with a lot of superfluous tracks that are super bland

Champagne Problems sounds just like Never Grow Up

Dorothea is a cool kinda Bob Dylan-lite moment. It is also TOO similar to this song to be a coincidence imo "When I was younger" being exactly the same melody and wording

My playlist with the best songs from each:

1. happiness

2. ivy

3. seven

4. august

5. invisible string

6. dorothea

7. no body, no crime

8. mad woman

9. my tears ricochet

10. this is me trying

11. mirrorball

12. peace

these songs have me listening to Taylor a lot for the first time since Speak Now in 2011 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I finished listening to Evermore and while its not as good as Folklore, I still think it's a great album and I'm happy that she re-discovered her country side on this album. Marjorie, No Body No Crime, Evermore, Cowboy Like Me, Coney Island, Ivy, Champagne Problems & Gold Rush are all great.

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 minute ago, lanabanana11 said:

how long do we think till we get the digital deluxe with Right Where You Left Me and Its Time to Go?

isnt the physical CD supposed to come out tomorrow? so i guess at midnight EST

at least in all swiss stores, the release date is set to the 18th

image.png

15 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

isnt the physical CD supposed to come out tomorrow? so i guess at midnight EST

at least in all swiss stores, the release date is set to the 18th

ah yes, however the itunes release i think is later, in order for her to boost physical sales now, and then boost digital sales in a few weeks to keep the album atop the charts (i believe that is the strategy)

remember how like a few weeks after folklore came out she released the lakes on itunes? im trying to figure out how long after folklores release that was so i can do the math for when the two new songs for evermore will hit itunes

im REALLY anticipating "right where you left me" !!!

Champagne Problems—Gold Rush—Tis The Damn Season is the trinity. 

Honestly my opinion on the songs changed soooo much from first listen to one week later. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

According to Venice (ultrasubversive) on twitter:

Spoiler

Apparently she will release Folklore The Ultimate Edition:

1. Willow
2. Cardigan
3. Gold Rush
4. Exile
5. Champagne Problems
6. My Tears Ricochet
7. Tolerate It
8. Mirrorball
9. No Body, No Crime
10. This Is Me Trying
11. Evermore
12. The Lakes
13. Cowboy Like Me
14. August

15. Illicit Affairs (Bonus Track)

This tracklist is so wrong for not including Seven, Betty, Mad Woman, Epiphany & Coney Island :facepalm:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

19 minutes ago, True Bromance said:

According to Venice (ultrasubversive) on twitter:

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently she will release Folklore The Ultimate Edition:

1. Willow
2. Cardigan
3. Gold Rush
4. Exile
5. Champagne Problems
6. My Tears Ricochet
7. Tolerate It
8. Mirrorball
9. No Body, No Crime
10. This Is Me Trying
11. Evermore
12. The Lakes
13. Cowboy Like Me
14. August

15. Illicit Affairs (Bonus Track)

This tracklist is so wrong for not including Seven, Betty, Mad Woman, Epiphany & Coney Island :facepalm:

I’m so sick of the epiphany slander. That song deserves the world :crossed:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Yeah that ultimate edition is booty. Of course it has some of the better songs on it but the omission of epiphany, seven, ivy, the last great American dynasty, peace, long story short, tis the damn season, etc just why? Why isn’t the ultimate edition literally all of the tracks?