lola

Taylor Swift

7 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

i'll add that to my never ending list of books to read. it's a great song, but it hits just a little too close to home :krylie:

she probably has the newest iphone since she's rich, but i've taken selfies in the same caliber (quality not attractiveness) with my XR so i think it just depends on lighting and if your camera is clean 

i can’t recommend the book enough. i read it when i was 17 and have reread it at least once a year. 

it must be lighting, cuz i have the iphone 11 pro and my picture quality is DEF nothing like that in my selfies RIP lol 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

This is random as hell, apologies in advance, but do you think this sounds like Taylor? 

I wanted to get the opinion of people who listen to her a lot cause I might just be hearing things. 

It's the singer from Digital Daggers, but I have never heard a resemblance to Taylor's voice in any of their other songs. 

https://youtu.be/1-sQlbtm3BM

I asked my sister who listens to Taylor's old stuff and she said sorta, but not enough to be convinced it was her if she didn't know.

2 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

This is random as hell, apologies in advance, but do you think this sounds like Taylor? 

I wanted to get the opinion of people who listen to her a lot cause I might just be hearing things. 

Hide contents

It's the singer from Digital Daggers, but I have never heard a resemblance to Taylor's voice in any of their other songs. 

https://youtu.be/1-sQlbtm3BM

I asked my sister who listens to Taylor's old stuff and she said sorta, but not enough to be convinced it was her if she didn't know.

I listen to Taylor all the time and nope, I don’t hear the resemblance at all........

2 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Okay thanks :toofunny:

I hear it...but, if like Taylor grew up on the other side of Pennsylvania without multimillionaire parents and a pony...

A large part of me feels super cynical about the rerecordings because 1. the main motivation is money 2. what makes old music special is the nostalgia and the fact it was recorded when the artist was younger and at a different stage in their life/career

But it is interesting because something on this scale has never been done in recent history by somebody of her popularity

I'm high key most interested to see what the updated artwork will be like.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

On 2/9/2021 at 11:28 AM, Trash Magic said:

A large part of me feels super cynical about the rerecordings because 1. the main motivation is money 2. what makes old music special is the nostalgia and the fact it was recorded when the artist was younger and at a different stage in their life/career

But it is interesting because something on this scale has never been done in recent history by somebody of her popularity

I'm high key most interested to see what the updated artwork will be like.

I think the main reason of re-recordings have always been ownership of her own material, it's not like the good sis needs an extra coin, but I don't see nothing wrong with her getting money for her own musical work (I mean isn't that one of the main reasons of any artist signed to a label lol) 

I found it quite special actually, to see how an artist can give that little twist or new approach to their own hard work that is probably way more personal for them that it ever was for us

JoJo made the same decision and the outcome was absolutely amazing so I'm excited to see with what she comes up, the original recordings are always available online anyway

8nl2OpX.png

The rerecordings are also incredibly important because it allows Taylor to sell the rights to whoever wants to use her music in tv shows/movies/commercials without having to pay whoever currently owns the masters an outrageous fee. 

So are the rerecordings going to sound like new versions of the songs? I’m confused what the point of the rerecordings are, will there be new instrumentals or reusing the same instrumentals? I mean, it’ll be interesting to hear but it makes me wonder if the old versions will be taken off of streaming sites and replaced with the new versions. I get the point of her owning her music and masters and whatnot for personal artistic and business purposes, but what happens with the old masters? 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

So are the rerecordings going to sound like new versions of the songs? I’m confused what the point of the rerecordings are, will there be new instrumentals or reusing the same instrumentals? I mean, it’ll be interesting to hear but it makes me wonder if the old versions will be taken off of streaming sites and replaced with the new versions. I get the point of her owning her music and masters and whatnot for personal artistic and business purposes, but what happens with the old masters? 

I think as of now the old recordings will stay there unti the owner (which is no longer Scooter I think) whishes. I'm not sure how that works and if Big Machine has a call in the matter

Tbh I'm not sure since the other example of discography I know which is JoJo is a complete different situation. She was blocked from releasing or getting out of her contract close to a decade, and her label  stopped working as a proper record label without her being able to get out off her contract, so there was no publishing going on, promotion or intention of keeping things working basically and so her entire catalog was taken down from digital services.

In her case she wanted to keep it as close to the original as possible, since she wanted to get that nostalgic factor so she used the smiliar production and touches, a good example of a re-recording that quite changes stuff from the original is Lana's Yayo tbh

And here's an example from the snippet of the commercial compared to the original and a JoJo banger:

8nl2OpX.png

23 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

I think as of now the old recordings will stay there unti the owner (which is no longer Scooter I think) whishes. I'm not sure how that works and if Big Machine has a call in the matter

Tbh I'm not sure since the other example of discography I know which is JoJo is a complete different situation. She was blocked from releasing or getting out of her contract close to a decade, and her label  stopped working as a proper record label without her being able to get out off her contract, so there was no publishing going on, promotion or intention of keeping things working basically and so her entire catalog was taken down from digital services.

In her case she wanted to keep it as close to the original as possible, since she wanted to get that nostalgic factor so she used the smiliar production and touches, a good example of a re-recording that quite changes stuff from the original is Lana's Yayo tbh

And here's an example from the snippet of the commercial compared to the original and a JoJo banger:

this is really interesting thank you for this!!!! this was exactly the answer i was hoping for. i think it'll be interesting, the love story video sounds much better than the original when they compare it, i can hear the difference in her voice. interesting how 10-15 years can make such a difference 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole