lola

Taylor Swift

So I have not ever given Taylor a second of time time till Folklore/Evermore (apart from a brief obsession with Love Story back in the day), and her announcement about the Fearless re-recording had me curious to listen to the original record and I gotta say... I can’t even get past the first 3 tracks because I love them so much. I can listen to the song Fearless over and over and I don’t get tired of it. Being a teen and being so in wonder about love is such a pure feeling. It’s hard for these songs to not hit even harder when you’re older and understand more. Fifteen is so nostalgic. It was pretty much the only other Taylor song I liked back then and I haven’t heard it since those days. And then of course Love Song. Honestly I might have to do a Taylor deep dive and listen to everything and see how I feel about it because these songs make me so cheerful. 

Update: forever and for always! So good. 

im so excited for these rerecording, it will finally give me an opportunity to get into her early stuff, also i'm super excited to hear how 1989 and reputation sound rerecorded (and for any unreleased tracks from those eras :excited:)

So Fearless - Taylor’s Version is gonna include “Today Was a Fairytale”

do we think Speak Now - Taylor’s Version will include “Safe and Sound” and “Eyes Open” because if so I WONT BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

5 hours ago, yayoop said:

So Fearless - Taylor’s Version is gonna include “Today Was a Fairytale”

do we think Speak Now - Taylor’s Version will include “Safe and Sound” and “Eyes Open” because if so I WONT BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT

I think definitely yes, but they could be included in Red?

I hope Speak Now TV will carry a studio cover of Drops of Jupiter since it’s on her live album.

1 hour ago, mintconfetti said:

I think definitely yes, but they could be included in Red?

I hope Speak Now TV will carry a studio cover of Drops of Jupiter since it’s on her live album.

I think they'd be on the SpeakNow re--release, I usually include them both in the SpeakNow era just because they were from 2011 and she performed them both during the SpeakNow Tour, whereas Red was out at the end of the 2012 so I would probably say SweeterThanFiction would be the Red soundtrack song inclusion?

Either way as long as we get them I'm gonna be so hypeddddd, the sooner the better tbh

I would love for her to carry over studio covers but I feel like she's just gonna stick to her own songs as opposed to covers. The dream would be for her to re-record covers of "Drops of Jupiter" and "Betty Davis Eyes" :suicide:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

2 hours ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

this thread died so lemme update with something

TIWYCF demo has sold and is now being sold by @TIWYCFdemo on twitter

here's an edit of the new snippet with the watermark removed

https://dbree.org/v/1e2dbb

:creep: i can't seem to find the twitter account do you know how much $$$ they're asking

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

Just now, lover said:

thanks!!! but whatever the price, i have a feeling that we won't have to wait too long until someone buys it because of how rarely stuff from her leaks 

yeah true, im already thinking we wont get the song either if it does sell :rollin:

2 minutes ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

yeah true, im already thinking we wont get the song either if it does sell :rollin:

trying to stay positive that we will have it soon :flutter: but yeah considering how some of her stans are it's possible that they will spend huge amounts of money for it and then just won't leak it 

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

3 hours ago, Charlie B said:

gosh, her Fearless bonus tracks are so boring! Whata step backwards after releasing Folklore & Evermore.

well... youre comparing shelved songs from 2006 written by a 16 y.o to well-crafted 2020 songs written by a 30 yr old  :sky:

4 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I'm going to listen Fearless tomorrow. How different it is from the original?

She really kept the songs almost exactly the same! Some vocal takes sound more mature and flow a lot better, but most of the time it’s very easy to forget these are recently recorded 

"Don’t forget me"

49 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

She really kept the songs almost exactly the same! Some vocal takes sound more mature and flow a lot better, but most of the time it’s very easy to forget these are recently recorded 

Thank you ❤

4 hours ago, TRENCH said:

well... youre comparing shelved songs from 2006 written by a 16 y.o to well-crafted 2020 songs written by a 30 yr old  :sky:

it’s not about a 30 year old singing her teenage songs or that the lyrics aren‘t good: the new bonus songs just don’t catch, are deadly monotonous. assume she just put them on the record as nobody would have cared about the re-recorded tracks except her die-hard fans + there wouldnd have been any re-recordings if she wasnt in trouble with her former label and SB. :awk:

3 hours ago, Nikogo said:

it feels like they just played around with the sound and instruments and not really re-recorded the vocals except for the new 6 tracks.  
too overproduced for my taste-the original album is zillion times better, raw and pure.