lola

Taylor Swift

Today Was A Fairytale is so different in the re-recording to me. It used to sound much more playful and had those little instrumental details (like the little chimes when she goes “the way you kissed me”). It’s lost in the new mix. 

Taylor’s vocal weaknesses helped sell the youthfulness and naïveté of Fearless. But I respect her reasoning for re-recording

obviously i wasn't expecting anything new or something that would change my world since it is only a re-recording. the vault tracks are okay, to be honest i personally would have been fine without them - but i respect her so much for doing this and i'm glad that she still wants to add "new" stuff even though the songs originate from years ago! i love how she doesn't cringe at her old material lmao i most definitely do

but tbh i'm kinda over this already, let's get into the vault songs from 1989 :hottie:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

I never listened to fearless before taylors version came out but i regret sleeping on it for so long, i think i've listened to it 5 times already :bop: (and bought the cd today too)

Is there going to be a re-recording of reputation? I'm kinda out of touch with this :bebe:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

3 hours ago, Danny Milk said:

yes but not until the end of 2022 ?

:bebe: Let's at least hope she adds some "from the vault" songs

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I dreamt Taylor:

came out as gay

looked for me all around the world

hooked up w me

got an entire album about me out

then we lived happily ever after and adopted a cat. 

You will never be able to understand how angry I am to be awake rn

ZKcaooE.png

:trisha:

:trisha::trisha::trisha:

I love this woman's music till after I fucking diiiiie aaaaaah after plaid shirt days and nights where you made me your oooooown aaaaah now you mail back my things and I walk home aloooooooone :crying::crying2::wowcry::xcry: THE PAIN THE PERFORMANCE THE ARTISTRY THE EMOTION!!!!! THE RAW BEAUTY!!!!! THE TALENT!!!!!!! THE MELODY!!!!!! DANCING IN THE KITCHEN IN THE REFRIGERATOR LIGHTS!!! IMAGINE BEING LOVED LIKE THIS!!!!! I'm sorry I'm so emotional lmao I'm ugly crying in my bed burried in my blankets cause idk I've been listening to her all day, all month, all year, all past year and a half, she's by very far my most listened artist ever on Spotify since 2016 and it's different for me than Lana cause Lana I love Lana supremely the person as well as the music but Taylor's music, I think in terms of music purely I honest to god prefer her music though I love the very very much person too... I really struggle to find a song from Taylor I dislike... FUCK!! I'm so emo I'm sorry I need to go find a tissue after last night's dream I would probably let her live rent free in my SOUL

Btw All Night Dinner is her best unreleased and if she releases it as a Vault song I'm losing my entire SHIIIIIT

FUCK sorry just want to add - this is what music should be all about. This is the essence of music right here. I'm extremely moved :heidi:

Edited by annedauphine

ZKcaooE.png

9 hours ago, annedauphine said:

:trisha::trisha::trisha:

I love this woman's music till after I fucking diiiiie aaaaaah after plaid shirt days and nights where you made me your oooooown aaaaah now you mail back my things and I walk home aloooooooone :crying::crying2::wowcry::xcry: THE PAIN THE PERFORMANCE THE ARTISTRY THE EMOTION!!!!! THE RAW BEAUTY!!!!! THE TALENT!!!!!!! THE MELODY!!!!!! DANCING IN THE KITCHEN IN THE REFRIGERATOR LIGHTS!!! IMAGINE BEING LOVED LIKE THIS!!!!! I'm sorry I'm so emotional lmao I'm ugly crying in my bed burried in my blankets cause idk I've been listening to her all day, all month, all year, all past year and a half, she's by very far my most listened artist ever on Spotify since 2016 and it's different for me than Lana cause Lana I love Lana supremely the person as well as the music but Taylor's music, I think in terms of music purely I honest to god prefer her music though I love the very very much person too... I really struggle to find a song from Taylor I dislike... FUCK!! I'm so emo I'm sorry I need to go find a tissue after last night's dream I would probably let her live rent free in my SOUL

Btw All Night Dinner is her best unreleased and if she releases it as a Vault song I'm losing my entire SHIIIIIT

FUCK sorry just want to add - this is what music should be all about. This is the essence of music right here. I'm extremely moved :heidi:

OMG i love this performance

and of course just her and her music - I discovered her less than 2 years ago and she is already the #1 artist of all time on my spotify :oic2:

but yeah All Too Well is definitely noted as her best song for a reason, deserves its spot! 

7 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

I'm sorry I suffer from BPD and often don't realise I'm manic until some time after :( My point still stands though, ATW is one of the best songs ever made

lmao it's okay! trust me i've been there done that. 

Spoiler

my diagnosis is not yet final since i have major difficulties in commiting to therapy and most of the times i seem to manage just fine. so doctors keep throwing temporary diagnoses like 'indefinable personality disorder with depressive features' and shit. but when shit hits it hits hard. relationships are especially very hard for me rn

maybe that's why i love taylor so much, it feels like she has a relatable song for every feeling i've ever had in a relationship. like a friend who does all the talking so i don't have to haha :eek: anyways i hope that you feel better and get some rest! 

I wrote out my entire 3rd album analysis for a friend so I thought I would post it here for some reason: 

On July 24th, 2020, music superstar Taylor Swift surprise released her critically acclaimed album Folklore to the delight of her fans. 140 days later (December 11, 2020), Ms. Swift shocked the world again with the surprise release of a second sister album, Evermore. Both albums rely heavily on story telling, with characters that connect with one another to create Ms. Swift’s own unique world, one which has been in her imagination in at least some form since the release of her album Speak Now. We ascertain this because in the background of the “Mean” music video, Taylor features a street sign with the word “Willow” in it, which would ultimately become the lead single for Evermore some 9 years later. This tells us that Taylor is a thoroughly thoughtful and planned songwriter, planning her next moves sometimes years before they happen. 

This brings us to the rumored third album, Woodvale, and it’s potential release on April 30th, 2021. Throughout the planning, promotion, and composition of the two released albums, there has been a symbolic focus on the number 3. There are three characters in the Folklore love triangle. Her merchandise comes in sets of three with three different colors, green, red and blue (which we will come back to). There are three stars on each side of the cardigan that she sold for promotional purposes. There are three pianos in the Cardigan music video, etc. This could be symbolic that there is a total of three albums. 

These pianos offer us a second clue into the mind of Ms. Swift and a potential for a third album. The first piano is labeled “folklore”. The second piano is covered in ivy, referencing the lyrics to Ivy, a song off evermore. It is also located next to a tree with two trunks braided together, symbolizing that Evermore is the second album in the trilogy. The third piano has 3 candles on it, two of which are burned out and one which is still unlit, symbolizing the third album. There are also three panels on the third piano. When Ms. Swift is playing the third piano, we see the end of the “invisible” string that is present in both music videos, symbolizing the fact that the third album ends her foray into the folk/cottage core genre. 

The cardigan music video ends with an instrumental which is not featured in the actual song itself. It is, however, featured at the beginning of the Willow music video. The Willow music video ends with an instrumental that is also not heard on the song itself, which may point to a potential for the final lead music video to feature that piano instrumental at the beginning as well. 

The Willow music video may also be instructive in that it ends with a couple walking out of the cabin and into the woods. As we know, Evermore proper (without bonus tracks) ends in  the song evermore. The song evermore ends with a final verse about “floors of a cabin creaking under my step.” This is meant to symbolize that the character has come in from the cold, and that cold symbolizes the pain that wasn’t “forevermore.” When Ms. Swift was describing the opportunity to record a second album, she said that she and Dessner faced a choice—either leave the metaphorical woods, or go deeper into them. As we see, when these characters leave the cabin that ends the album in this music video, it shows that their respite is only temporary, and that they will go back into the woods once more. This could also be symbolic of the fact that Ms. Swift took a break from the trilogy to release Fearless (Taylor’s Version). In My Tears Ricochet, she says “I can go anywhere I want/just not home” symbolizing the fact that she did not have ownership of any of her masters. The cabin could symbolize Fearless (Taylor’s Version) and how she took a break from to woods to go back home again. But when the couple leaves the cabin, it is symbolic of the fact that she would renter the woods once more. 

Another potential hint comes in the form of an Easter egg Ms. Swift has herself denied, but which we maintain is not in fact an accident. When Ms. Swift released Folklore, she promoted the album with 8 different album covers to symbolize the fact that it is her 8th album. One of the covers, the “Hide and Seek” cover features small, discrete lettering in the top right corner that says “Woodvale.” Woodvale is a place in Pennsylvania where an odd mystery took place. A young girl, Marjorie, was playing outside with her brother, James, when she tragically went missing. They had a third sister, Dorothea. When she went missing, James had been climbing a tree. As we know, evermore features two songs with names as the title, “Marjorie” and “Dorothea.” Marjorie is about Ms. Swift’s grandmother, but there is no good explanation for where Ms. Swift got the name “Dorothea.” Furthermore, James climbing a tree connects to the lyrics at the beginning of the songs “seven” and “happiness” (“I hit my peak at seven feet” and “honey when I’m above the trees/I see it for what it is”). Ms. Swift is known for creating double meanings, and this connection could symbolize a second group of three in Evermore. 

Ms. Swift herself has addressed the Woodvale theory during an interview with Jimmy Fallon, stating that it was only a code word folklore, and was only found on the “hide and seek” cover because it was accidentally left on there when testing out a cover with text. However, she did not say there wasn’t a third album or that Woodvale wasn’t also the name of the third album. Furthermore, the fact that the font was so small and that it was on a cover called “hide and seek” indicates that this was intentional. The font is much too small to ever be on an album cover because it is not readily visible to the naked eye. 

Each of the three characters from the love triangle represent one of these three albums as well as a color from the merchandise mentioned above. Folklore is Betty. Folklore as an album is quietly introspective, and represents Betty as a character’s purity. When Folklore was released, it was released with a green candle. The second album, Evermore, represents Augustine, the second character of the love triangle. We know this because the second album is a “sister” album to folklore and, by contrast, features themes of infidelity heavily (Willow, no body no crime, ivy are notable examples). The relationships in these songs are often in destruction, just as August’s relationship to James is. When evermore was released, a second candle was also released, this one red, which coincides with Evermore’s warmer album cover. 

This suggests the probability of a third brother album, potentially called either Woodvale or Paramore, to finish out the trilogy. This album would represent James, and would be blue. It would come with a third blue candle. Blue would be a consistent color in that not only is it often used as a symbol for a man, but it’s also a color Taylor regularly uses to symbolize her love for Joe (for example, “don’t want no other shade of blue but you”). 

So why April 30th? April 30th is exactly 140 days from December 11th, which is 140 from July 24th, creating balance and symmetry. The cowboy like me music video displayed a clock with the time set to 4:30, indicating that something would be released on April 30th. 

Importantly, there have been hints from Ms. Swift herself on social media that further bolster this theory. She recently tweeted that she is “recording” the next one, not “re-recording.” She also has been tweeting using 3 emojis or exclamation points consistently following the release of Fearless (Taylor’s Version), which she hinted with a yellow heart. One could argue that the three emojis indicates that her third album, Speak Now, is the next re-record. But for reasons I will address in a separate memo, we are certain that her 5th album, 1989 is the next re-record, followed by her fourth album, Red. Therefore, the use of three does not indicate a hint to speak now. 

Ms. Swift also tweeted these three emojis: “??” which could symbolize the two albums that have been released with the question mark representing the one that has not. This is made even more likely by a video Ms. Swift made saying that her cat Meredith is alive. Meredith is the third cat, and could symbolize the third album in this context. This video was out of the blue and served little other purpose other than comedic effect, as fans had prior notice that Meredith is camera shy. 

Ms. Swifts friends have also either been using three emojis or ten emojis when tweeting or Instagram storying about the pop star, with ten indicating the fact that the third album would be TS10. While one might argue that it’s unlikely she is releasing Easter eggs through her friends, she has done this in the past. Notably, when she released her fearless re-record, she let Olivia Rodrigo post snippets of the songs before they were released to the general public. 

I would like to take this opportunity to address some of the arguments of the detractors of this theory. They have said that we left the folklore/evermore eras now that re-recording has begun, and therefore there is not a third album. I find this argument utterly unconvincing. As we know, there are risks to re-recording one album, let alone six. Historically, re-recording have had abysmal performance. While the Fearless re-recording did perform remarkably well, Ms. Swift needs to couple the release of the re-recordings with release of new material to ensure she keeps her momentum going. Releasing a third album would not only create a huge amount of buzz from her fans and detractors alike, but also it would demonstrate her genius. Some also argue that her 10th album would be something big, and these recent albums have had limited promotion and more muted instrumentals and tempos. However, given Ms. Swifts obsession the number 13, is is clear that her 13th album will in fact be the “big” album. Furthermore, this move would be massive in that it would be an unprecedented move that would cement her as one of the greatest songwriters of all time. 

In summation, I believe that Taylor Swift is releasing a final brother album to complete the trilogy on next Friday, April 30th.

@The Greatest excellently written. I do worry about the quality of a potential 3rd album, in all honesty. Though I love evermore, I find it to have more "skips" (completely objective, I know) than folklore--which contrary to what people say on this thread, has 0 skips.

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-5-37-08-PM.png

as you can see, there are no subjective skips in my library (though some songs get played more bc they are in my playlists more than others). 

I would also worry about a potential 3rd album getting lost in the current hype. Between listening to Fearless for what is really my first time (I was 8 when the album first came out and not much of a fan back then), and the upcoming vault tracks from her big albums (Red, 1989); I worry the tracks of a 3rd album would quickly be overshadowed--unless she perhaps takes the same amount of time between woodvale and 1989 (Taylor's Version) as she did with evermore and Fearless (Taylor's Version); 119 days, suggesting 1989 (TV) would come out late August/early September. 

I also wonder if the "woodvale" title being in the evermore booklet is proof it doesn't exist? Unless she had also hidden the word "evermore" somewhere in the folklore album, why would she do it for a 3rd instalment and not the 2nd? Or perhaps she doesn't want the 3rd to be a total surprise like evermore was? We shall see in less than a week!

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

I have refused to believe the trilogy theory but at this point I think it’s all but confirmed. Tik Tok stans have been going into soooo much detail (all of which @The Greatesthas said) that makes me fully believe 

:defeated:

I hope she does, Folklore and Evermore were both defining albums of 2020 (even if evermore came out in December)

"Don’t forget me"

4 hours ago, Mer said:

@The Greatest excellently written. I do worry about the quality of a potential 3rd album, in all honesty. Though I love evermore, I find it to have more "skips" (completely objective, I know) than folklore--which contrary to what people say on this thread, has 0 skips.

Hide contents

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-5-37-08-PM.png

as you can see, there are no subjective skips in my library (though some songs get played more bc they are in my playlists more than others). 

I would also worry about a potential 3rd album getting lost in the current hype. Between listening to Fearless for what is really my first time (I was 8 when the album first came out and not much of a fan back then), and the upcoming vault tracks from her big albums (Red, 1989); I worry the tracks of a 3rd album would quickly be overshadowed--unless she perhaps takes the same amount of time between woodvale and 1989 (Taylor's Version) as she did with evermore and Fearless (Taylor's Version); 119 days, suggesting 1989 (TV) would come out late August/early September. 

I also wonder if the "woodvale" title being in the evermore booklet is proof it doesn't exist? Unless she had also hidden the word "evermore" somewhere in the folklore album, why would she do it for a 3rd instalment and not the 2nd? Or perhaps she doesn't want the 3rd to be a total surprise like evermore was? We shall see in less than a week!

I see what you mean. I personally find the quality to be about equal because while folklore is a better body of work, evermore has more songs that I come back to consistently. A third album from Taylor is still going to be higher quality than most albums because she’s just so talented. 

48 minutes ago, The Greatest said:

A third album from Taylor is still going to be higher quality than most albums because she’s just so talented. 

this 10000%. Even her vault/scrapped tracks from fearless are better than what almost any other pop girl has put out in 2020-2021 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

the trilogy rumours seem so real with all the hints taylor's given. but it would just feel so weird in the midst of her releasing the re-recordings. but i'd take a third and final album from the folklore trilogy as i love both folklore and evermore so much

i don't wanna get my hopes up though:trisha:

I don’t get why her “fans” want her to burn out artistically so bad 

three albums in the span of one year is NOT feasible for anybody let alone somebody like Taylor who’s not Fiona Apple/Kate Bush/etc... 

like 30 songs in 6 months is more than enough especially cause half of evermore is ugly fillers who nobody listens to anymore and a third album is going to be even worse